anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Nice (how many more are you going to surprise us with?).
    Custom paint. Custom exhaust (muffler anyway).
    Nice scenery.

Yep, custom paint, one of my better efforts. **** Hardly exhaust. Finally got the original stock one, I'll put it on, maybe it will run better. If not I found a 4-1, I can try that. I got it good and hot with a long ride and then loosened the exhaust bolts while it idled, they all came right out easily even though they looked like original bolts, rusty as Hell. They even felt soft with the wrench, but they all came out.

Heat is good.

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
    I feel like I have a stake in the bike....didn't I sell you the gas tank a few years back? I still have my eye out for a decent 650G. When a good one pops up on CL at a fair price it's usually gone pretty quick. BTW, nice pic.
    Yes, it's your gas tank, and your front fender I think. You want it back? I'm thinking of selling the bike as soon as the 550/650 clone is running.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      How about one with fairing and bags, here nearby In Michigan.
      Looks like very good condition. Priced for someone looking for a good one.

You could use the dpep buy-and-fly-and-ride method.

Wow, that's a lot of stuff for a 650.
      Probbly a nice bike under all that if you can find it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Not on the GS but I rode 160 miles to grab lunch with friends. Im in the center on the Virago

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

Yes, it's your gas tank, and your front fender I think. You want it back? I'm thinking of selling the bike as soon as the 550/650 clone is running.
          I think you got the fender from me. Is that the one you welded up a crack in? The bike looks nice in that photo.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Short weekend ride with the Mrs.

Little trip this weekend with the Mrs and a friend. Left home Saturday AM and returned Monday afternoon.
            Started about 1 hour south of Madison,WI.

Had breakfast Sunday AM here.
            Watersmeet MI

Crossed the river here.

Stopped for lunch here.

Took a break here in Copper Harbor, MI

Took a brake here in Eagle Harbor and toured the historic light house. Before heading south to our motel for the night.

Headed home on Monday AM riding the twisty roads in northern WI lake country before hitting the interstate for the return trip.

Reaching the drift-less area between the WI river at WI Dells and our house we again left the interstate for some more twisty roads.
            Crossed the WI River on the ferry at Merrimack.

And continued our journey home.

We rode just over 1000 miles over the weekend. Most of it avoiding interstate HWY and State HWY except where necessary.

Not to bad for a Spur-of -the-moment weekend ride.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

Yes, I want it back along with the whole bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Leland1 View Post
                Not on the GS but I rode 160 miles to grab lunch with friends. Im in the center on the Virago
                Where's your front fender? If you don't have a fork brace on there (I don't see one) then you need the fender for fork stability. Those Yamaha fronts can get squirrely!

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
                  Little trip this weekend
                  Interesting report. Thanks for posting the pics.
                  Intersting that the ferry has a motor boat hanging there. I suppose like a life boat, or maybe the ferry operator have to get in boat to go do something.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Since is was my 21st Birthday yesterday, I got a day off and went for a long ride.

This may feel like a bit of deja vu for some.

For anyone in Victoria or Van Island I rode on Willis Point Rd, Munn Rd, Millstream Rd, and Ross Durrance Rd. I really got to know what my bike likes and doesnt like.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
                      Since is was my 21st Birthday yesterday, I got a day off and went for a long ride.

This may feel like a bit of deja vu for some.

For anyone in Victoria or Van Island I rode on Willis Point Rd, Munn Rd, Millstream Rd, and Ross Durrance Rd. I really got to know what my bike likes and doesnt like.
                      Happy belated!
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

great photo

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post

Comment

aaahhhh........to be 21 again and know what I know now...

happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                            aaahhhh........to be 21 again and know what I know now...

happy birthday
                            HA! what he said!
                            Happy birthday, Hammer!
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Happy birthday Hammer! I took the day off for mine but didn't get a ride, however this is the highlights of where I went the day after:

http://youtu.be/IpypJIB7RXM

My first attempt at setting it to music as the wind noise was really bad that day due to my fly screen being off for repairs.
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Getting a lot of riding in, but mostly on the SV now. Did loan my GR to a friend last Sunday and got this shot of him at a stop.

Miss posting up ride shots here, but that's the price for a bike of a more recent vintage.

One of the things that always bugged me about the GR was the lack of design continuity between the front end and the side panels. Realized when I saw him on it that you really don't even notice it. Bike looked good on the road.

Now to finish the paint work.

Having put the vintage bike first, I'll sneak one of the new ride in from today.
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X