No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last year my brother hit a deer with this bike. i've been scabbing the bike back together and finally got it back on the road. got a little gopro video of a ride in letchworth state park the other day. wife and i went looking for berries. found a few but not enough to fill us up. still had to stop for ice cream afterwards.

1980 Suzuki GS1000G at Letchworth Park near Portageville, NY.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Whitedog View Post
      Little trip this weekend with the Mrs and a friend. Left home Saturday AM and returned Monday afternoon.

Stopped for lunch here.

Sure thought we'd see a drag bike parked outside that bar...

Comment

Originally posted by Leland1 View Post
        Not on the GS but I rode 160 miles to grab lunch with friends. Im in the center on the Virago
        Were your friends done eating when you arrived? (Sorry, I don't know why I am so full of sarcasm tonight)

Comment

Riding on the prairies

Buddy and I were on a "vintage" motorcycle ride on Thursday evening in Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA.

Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM. Reason: adding verbage....

Comment

I love that skunk with the matching fairing .
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Here's a ride I did a couple of Saturday's ago with a couple of the Katana boys and a Triumph Street Triple... perfect weather for it...

http://youtu.be/Ra0oOmBjlA4
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by gsxrwolf View Post
                Buddy and I were on a "vintage" motorcycle ride on Thursday evening in Regina, Saskatchewan, CANADA.

OK, that was sneeky. 1st post, great pictures but which bike is yours and which one are you ? Nice bikes by the way. Introduce yourself! Most of us are a bit strange but friendly.

cg
                Last edited by Charlie G; 07-27-2013, 04:53 PM.
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Despite raining earlier this morning,
                  Despite threating cloud overcast,
                  despite temps barley making 60, despite weather predictions of 40% showers,
                  despite misty rain as I was leaving:
                  Rode up to Muskegon to meet up with Greg78GS750

We rode the River Road - River Road - River Road route to Newaygo.
                  Had a good ride. Got sprinkled on a couple times, but kept going.
                  Visited the jerky store in downtown Newaygo. Chatted for a while, then headed back.

Stopped for a late lunch at this tavern out in the country. Is usally a few bikes parked in lawn under a big shade trees. Sometimes lots of bikes, mostly H-Ds (and I would park in parking lot). This place's unique feature is that it has a big area out back fenced in and lots of picknic tables. I have only been there in afternoon, don't know if I would want to be there at night.

When we stopped there, Wasn't any bikes there, I figured the weather had scared away all the others. So just the two of us parked under the tree.

Had lunch inside and chatted for a while.

As we were walking out a huge group of bikes (and a buss..?) were pulling in.

Headed on out to continue back to Muskegon.

Had a good ride. (Just over 100 miles.) I think high temperature for the day was something like 64, but didn't get rained on too much.

Here are two picture albumns from along that route (from other occasions)
                  Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

After all, the thread is "who went for a ride", not "who went out for lunch".

Greg, Good to visit with you again. We should do again sometime, maybe head north, or maybe Leonard Road, Spring Lake to Grand Rapids if you have not done that before.

Dave
                  Last edited by Redman; 07-28-2013, 02:42 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Reata Pass, AZ at dawn with the Zook.

Comment

Hey Dave, is that the bike formerly known as Essie?

Comment

Here's a stop today. Anyone get the "point" of the statues? Even if it was a Saturday.

Also a farmers market.

Last edited by yasser; 07-28-2013, 01:02 AM.
                        Hondas
                        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
                        Suzuki
                        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
                        Kaw
                        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Rode the Katana to a local vintage bike show yesterday morning. Surprise, there was another Kat! Not as clean as mine but wore its pantina with pride.

Pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b0531436a8

Mine parked up next to a 1986 GSX-R750 Limited Edition. Niiiiiiice!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            Rode the Katana to a local vintage bike show yesterday morning. Surprise, there was another Kat! Not as clean as mine but wore its pantina with pride.

Pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b0531436a8

Mine parked up next to a 1986 GSX-R750 Limited Edition. Niiiiiiice!
                            Hi Hayabuser! That is my Lawson that you saw at the show yesterday. I went there with a buddy who was on the Z1R parked beside me.

I asked azr if he was able to ride my 1000S there but he isn't quite up to riding a full size bike yet. He is healing well from his Oregon adventure though!

It was an interesting mix of old bikes there. Some in great shape and some that I'm surprised were able to make it there! One of my favourites was an old BSA that was up on a trailer. I talked to the owner and he told me it is a 1936, I didn't know that BSA ever made a v-twin, but there it was! I joked about the BSA acronym saying "Bloody Sore Ass", my pal replied with "Bastard Stopped Again"!
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                              Hey Dave, is that the bike formerly known as Essie?
                              Hiya George, I will let Greg 78GS750 (or TCK or lurch) respond to that.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
                                Here's a stop today. Anyone get the "point" of the statues? Even if it was a Saturday.
                                Nope. Unless those are charaacters from that (French? 1800s?) classic painting I saw in Humanitys classs once, about Sunday Afternoon in the park. But that one guy seems to have a video camera.

Do enlighten us.

Comment

Working...
                                X