anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
    Hi Hayabuser! That is my Lawson that you saw at the show yesterday. I went there with a buddy who was on the Z1R parked beside me.

I asked azr if he was able to ride my 1000S there but he isn't quite up to riding a full size bike yet. He is healing well from his Oregon adventure though!

It was an interesting mix of old bikes there. Some in great shape and some that I'm surprised were able to make it there! One of my favourites was an old BSA that was up on a trailer. I talked to the owner and he told me it is a 1936, I didn't know that BSA ever made a v-twin, but there it was! I joked about the BSA acronym saying "Bloody Sore Ass", my pal replied with "Bastard Stopped Again"!
    Your ELR was the definition of clean! Cool bikes, and the source of my later ZRX1100/1200 desire. You have to love a big Kawi with a Kerker pipe.

Have any more pictures? Wondering if I'm in any of them!
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      Your ELR was the definition of clean! Cool bikes, and the source of my later ZRX1100/1200 desire. You have to love a big Kawi with a Kerker pipe.

Have any more pictures? Wondering if I'm in any of them!
      OK, I'll have to admit you are right about the Kerker, when the rev's get to 4000 and beyond it is like the best music ever! I took some photo's there but I am very poor at it and don't really enjoy taking photo's anymore. I tended to take shots of bikes, not people so much...

A nice little Ducati single

A sweet little Honda 350 cafe

An old old Cleveland

A very neat Indian board racer

A very ride-able BSA

There were many Indians
      IBA# 12860
      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
      1984 KZ1100R
      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

it is indeed. still call her that. she got some tidbits this winter, emulators and a fork rebuild, new gauges, twinpot brake mod, some other little stuff. love this bike.

greg
        Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
        Hey Dave, is that the bike formerly known as Essie?
        1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

As 'eddie21' said, I'm not up to riding yet but thought I'd share a few extra photo's of your rides.

There was almost as many bikes in the parking lot

Gotta love some guy's sense of humour

I've seen this little suzie at events before, really like it.

Rob
          1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
          Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Quick pic in stopped traffic.
            This is what Amish buggies/ horse shoes do to our roads.
            Paved a few weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
              Paved a few weeks back.
              Don't look now, but you need some gas!

Comment

Originally posted by jdknicks View Post
                Don't look now, but you need some gas!
                No workie! haha
                180 miles per tank till empty. Every time.
                That's my guage.

Oh, and if anybody was wondering what that strange thing is below my cluster....its a GI Joe action figure. My son put an Angry Birds sticker on my rear cowl , so my gf's son had to do something also, so he made me carry around GI Joe. lol Love the kids.

Comment

Cool, Years ago before a trip, my younger son gave me a Big Bird ring that came from a birthday cupcake. I clipped it to my mirror, where it rode for several years, till it broke last year. Also, my late uncle, as a spoof had on his cycle a clip on Alf (fuzzy alien from the 80s tv show) clipped to his mirror. When the state releases his bike, hopefully one of his riding friends will keep it on their cycle as a tribute. .....
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                    Paved a few weeks back.
                    What the...? I grew up near Sugarcreek, OH and Holmes county (largest Amish population in the world--some claim) and I have never seen anything like that.

Comment

Ive spent time in central Pa, where there are pockets of Amish, and have seen the same thing plus horse "exhaust".
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Middlefield, Oh.
                        Lots of buggies in town.
                        I've always heard Middlefield is the larger Amish concentration in the US.
                        Not sure.

Comment

Left Monday, got back today!

Went for a ride with three friends Monday. (Packed rain suits because Monday wasn't looking too good Sunday night.) Left the rain suits packed, and pushed our luck.....and stayed dry!

Left Monday, Rt 495S to 2W.
                          2W to 112N across the Mass border and into VT.
                          Connected to 100N and took that to Waterbury.

Tuesday, 100N to 108N and through Smuggler's Notch.
                          Then back to 58E and into NH, 3N to Colebrook.
                          Cruised up past Pittsburg and circled back via rt 145. WHAT A GREAT RIDE! 13 miles of pure fun.

Wednesday, 3S to home in Mass.

About 800 miles
                          2 Road Kings, ST1100 and the ES.

Scott
                          1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                          1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                          1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                          2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gs scott View Post

Nice photo of GS1100ESGK.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out for a ride with the Kat guys yesterday, awesome day for it!

Quick swap with one of the guys' GSXR 1000...

It's got just a weany bit more power than my little 450...

On the downside it looks like my video camera took a dump at some point on the way back so not sure how I'm going to get the footage off it yet...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete, what do you figure?
                                Close to the same weight and probably 4 times the horsepower?
                                More fun than scary, i hope.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X