No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to the Snoqualmie area for a little "Twin Peaks" ride.

Comment

Did some sightseeing on the newer GSX this afternoon...

... taking the older GSX out later on the weekend.
      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Pete, what do you figure?
        Close to the same weight and probably 4 times the horsepower?
        More fun than scary, i hope.
        Yeah that'd be about right... and both fun and scary!

Fun the way it goes from nothing to 120kph+ in the blink of an eye... scary what that would do to my license should I own one
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Challis

Took a ride up to Challis, Idaho this last weekend to get away for a couple of days. Only my second trip up to that part of the state and first on a bike. Great roads to ride and breathtaking scenery.

Packed up ready for the off...

Stopped to stretch our legs between Banks and Lowman...

Only stopped for gas after that until we got to where we were staying. Nice bed and breakfast, really quiet and very easy to relax. The Kat's in the shade cooling off while we did the same with a cold beer!

Next day we went further North to Salmon.

Where we stopped in town and had lunch.

From there we went North again to Lost Trail Powder Mountain ski resort right on the state line between Idaho and Montana before heading back South to the bed and breakfast. Next day (Sunday) we took our time getting away heading home.

Heading in to Stanley, Idaho on Hwy75.

Stopped in at Redfish Lake on our way through.

Passed a milestone on the way back to Lowman, wasn't sure how to feel about it really.

Ok, let's get back home...

Turned out to be a great weekend trip. Looking forward to the next!
          It's smoke that make electronic components work.
          Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
          '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
          '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
          '82 GS1000SZ
          '82 GS1100GL
          '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Originally posted by Wallowgreen View Post
            Took a ride up to Challis, Idaho this last weekend !
            great photos! bike looks 'cleeean' ! wtg
            orig r/r ?

Comment

A very nice report of what looks like a great weekend.
              Thanks for the pics, Wallow.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Great to see a Kat out being enjoyed, looks like a top time!

sigpic

Comment

Got the old GSX out as promised...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

You guys can just keep posting Kat pictures all day long

sigpic

Comment

I am about teo hours into a 550km ride, but it is on my other bike (a Ducati 900SS).

No pics yet. It's starting to rain, and I have 400 km left before I can park at my mother's outside Oslo.

Comment

Found a way to get off the SV650 two days ago and back on the GR. (No crash, just meant I am riding the GR while waiting to get the tire changed on the SV.) Good reason to have a second bike.

Got home after filling the tire up (apparently the nail sealed the hole,) but it was a long slow trip home with a lot of stops to check the air pressure.

New tire in hand, but last time I tried to change a tire bwringer had to give me disc from his parts bin to replace the one I bent. Took him about ten minutes to do what I had spent two days on. May have met my Wterloo when it comes to changing tires.
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

This was taken the other day when Glen (Eddie21) my cousin and I went and did the Port Renfrew loop. Awesome deserted logging roads. I rode my wife little bandit, what a blast that was!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            This was taken the other day when Glenn (Eddie21) my cousin and I went and did the Port Renfrew loop. Awesome deserted logging roads. I rode my wife little bandit, what a blast that was!
                            That was a fun ride! Good to shake off the old cobwebs. Great to see that little 400 being flicked around. I think the old forests are still ringing with the sound of my Kerker reverberating amongst the trees!
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
                              I am about teo hours into a 550km ride, but it is on my other bike (a Ducati 900SS).

No pics yet. It's starting to rain, and I have 400 km left before I can park at my mother's outside Oslo.
                              Always love to see pictures of Norway.

cg
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Had the 850 over the top of the mountain today. On my return was a bit annoyed to see the right hand swing arm cover missing - C'est la vie.
                                Then I thought, did I do anything unusual on the bike today. As it happened I did. A wasp found it's way into my shirt via an open jacket collar and started to do what wasps do when frightened. I then started to do what humans do when being stung multiple times inside a shirt on mountain twistys. Mainly this involved thumping myself repeatedly with my clutch hand and swearing. Eventually I pulled over , ripped open everything and evacuated the wasp. What were the chances that this was the exact spot I dropped the cover? Back to the top and there it was.
                                97 R1100R
                                Previous
                                80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Working...
                                X