No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I was 7 when my 1100 was built. Like you though I do love the torque and I also like messing with carbs and only 8 valves. Call me lazy on that last one. I can leave the old girl in 4th gear and she will still pull just fine from a rolling stop. Don't do it all the time have done it in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      To add, I was 13 when my 1150 rolled out of the factory...No time warp for me. I just dig old simpler machines- with lots of torque
      Glenn, I totally agree! I too was 13 when my 82 GS1100 and Katanas rolled into the light from the factory. I was very impressionable in those years reading my father's cycle mags cover to cover. The freakish, alien like Katana imprinted on my brain, shortly following the epic Star Wars. And I must agree the power and simplicity of these bikes cannot be beaten.

Seeing these three together riding must be a sight. These 3 friends are fortunate to have such company to ride with regularly.
      1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by viperg View Post
        Glenn, I totally agree! I too was 13 when my 82 GS1100 and Katanas rolled into the light from the factory. I was very impressionable in those years reading my father's cycle mags cover to cover. The freakish, alien like Katana imprinted on my brain, shortly following the epic Star Wars. And I must agree the power and simplicity of these bikes cannot be beaten.

Seeing these three together riding must be a sight. These 3 friends are fortunate to have such company to ride with regularly.
        Cool, things evolved (devolved?) differently for me. My father rode in his younger years, but gave it up long before I was around. He rarely spoke of it. I never even heard of a GS until I was around 18 years old when my older brother bought one. Even then i didnt give it much consideration, other then it was a neat older bike. Shortly later I started street riding on a beat up kz 550. The following year my brother sold me the GS when he bought a Ninja 1000. I was immediately hooked, and still am 20 years later
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

You betchya, XT600 Tenere, damn it felt good, first time I have swung my leg over a saddle in eight years.
          Had a good mind to fill the tank and keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            You betchya, XT600 Tenere, damn it felt good, first time I have swung my leg over a saddle in eight years.
            Had a good mind to fill the tank and keep going.
            Ah yes the feeling of being back in the saddle again. Nothing like it. Just had my own after 2.5 years recently. Friend let me ride his fat boy. Two months later I bought my GS1100GL.

Comment

Went for about an hour ride this morning.

On way back Was noticing that I wasn't too smooth in the curves.
              Then noticed that it was getting pretty windy, so that was my excuse.

Then thought to swing by the beach to see if was waves on the lake.

Yep.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went for a quick jaunt...Battery is still nearly dead, but i went anyway, and took a chance running a couple of errands...nearly had to push start at second stop...got a nice fall picture for that thread , then stuffed all of this into my small bags: Pack of contractor trash bags, humidifier pad, enormo pack of aa batteries-darn remotes....yes we have rechargeables as well, and for family dinner (dessert) with the in laws: 2- 1/2 gallon tubs of ice cream, chocolate syrup, dessert cups, strawberries, whipped cream, which didnt fit in the bag.. and of course....wine Sometimes, i think i may need a bigger boat..

sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went from 40 to 46 degrees while I was out riding around for about an hour today.
                  Snow on the ground....but nice dry roads.
                  Nice to keep fuel flowing through the carbs

Comment

Just a spin around the city to do some errands. Not too cold but I did have the heated grips on.........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Great shot of the city Garth!
                      Heated grips??? Those Captian hands are getting soft.
                      No signature

Comment

Came home from work early as the sun came out and it was quite nice here.

This is a pic I took outside my front door one early foggy morning. Thought it was kinda cool.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Great shot of the city Garth!
                          Heated grips??? Those Captian hands are getting soft.
                          musta left the baby seal gloves at home!?

Comment

schwing. nice lines, great shot

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Came home from work early as the sun came out and it was quite nice here.

Comment

Just got back from a new toy run in my area, wasn't bad. Probably 200 bikes for their first time around. Oh, I'm the one on the orange bike with the bright ass lime green jacket Quite the fashion statement I'd say lol.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

This morning my roommate and I took a short ride up to the peak of Mt. Diablo. The road wasn't something you want to ride fast on but the scenery was well worth it.

Later I met up with some friends and we drove out to eat some lunch at the beach and drive around the Marin headlands

Comment

Working...
                                X