No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you fared rather well, Trevor....your weather has markedly improved since last week, the bike looks great and so does the wife.

Last week we were thinking of how you Westerners were faring with our temperatures....this week you are well above us, as temperatures here have dropped, and snow keeps dropping as well.. Present temp at home is -12C and we have had snow for three days with another couple of cms forecast for tonight.
    "If you are going through hell.......keep going."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
      Looks like you fared rather well, Trevor....your weather has markedly improved since last week, the bike looks great and so does the wife.

Last week we were thinking of how you Westerners were faring with our temperatures....this week you are well above us, as temperatures here have dropped, and snow keeps dropping as well.. Present temp at home is -12C and we have had snow for three days with another couple of cms forecast for tonight.
      Yes..big difference from last week! Cold weather really freaks the tree huggers out here.
      Glenn and I met Rob (AZR) for a coffee today (he had to work no bike for him) beautiful sunny afternoon. After Glenn and I took a scenic tour around the ocean.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Yes..big difference from last week! Cold weather really freaks the tree huggers out here.
        Glenn and I met Rob (AZR) for a coffee today (he had to work no bike for him) beautiful sunny afternoon. After Glenn and I took a scenic tour around the ocean.
        Oh boy, that was a tough ride home Trevor. Only because I just wanted to keep on going until I found a dry and warm climate somewhere! We're fast approaching the shortest day of the year, hopefully Spring will come quickly!
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Went for a 70 mile loop today. New starter clutch installed, it actually started a couple of times. Had a friend mill down what's left of my rotor puller and it delivered, removing the rotor with ease. I was surprised it was so easy compared to last time. Too lazy to stop on the ride, it was a nice day, partially dry roads and fairly cold, so I didn't take a picture until I was in the driveway.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            Trevor, you lead a charmed life. Nice pictures. Glad someone is riding. I'm just filling up my (little)garage.

cg
            Gotta get me one of those Black/Grey 1100G's. Great looking bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
              Went for a 70 mile loop today. New starter clutch installed, it actually started a couple of times. Had a friend mill down what's left of my rotor puller and it delivered, removing the rotor with ease. I was surprised it was so easy compared to last time. Too lazy to stop on the ride, it was a nice day, partially dry roads and fairly cold, so I didn't take a picture until I was in the driveway.

Nice gate. The bike's ok too.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

For a second, I thought you had picked up a Kat, Charlie...
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Just got back from a night ride low 30s. Been two weeks since I rode. I couldn't take it any more. Gushing fork seals or not I was riding. Man it was just what the doctor ordered. The bike has tons of power with my latest main jet change. Was having a blast In the twisty stuff until my high beam took a crap. Then I had to limp it home on low beam. It's either the switch or the light itself. I've already went through all the other wires and connections. Either way it was fun while it lasted next day I have off I will figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                    For a second, I thought you had picked up a Kat, Charlie...

I wish!
                    sigpic
                    83 GS1100g
                    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

My run to work the other morning

Comment

Love it Dave
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got out for a nice little jaunt with the northside Katana folk yesterday for the last ride before Christmas.

Hit our usual fun back roads and a nice brekky up on Mt Mee at the Pitstop Cafe as usual:

The only drama (what KA or GSR Ride is complete without some?) was John's outfit had a little issue which resulted in Val getting *very* close to him...

So John offered to give Reg a hug in return for a lift to get a car and trailer from Derek's place:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Ride in December

Had a nice little ride today, also yesterday. At least as nice as can be had when you start in NYC. End of December and left the turtleneck at home!

Does anybody know the size of the screw that mounts the choke lever to the left handlebar (1982 GS1100e)?

This site rocks, as do all air-cooled superbikes of the '70's and '80's!
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

NO! First day of winter...60 degrees out at midnight.....a beautiful moon in the sky.....a boatload of frustration that COULD'VE been eased by a nice ride.....

And a battery as drained as my wallet...long is my frustration

Despite the fact that I don't get out a whole lot, even in the dead of winter I feel uneasy when my cycle isnt at the ready for a ride.

End of rant......at this location anyway....
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                                Had a nice little ride today,.
                                Does anybody know the size of the screw that ..............
                                Rob S.
                                Welcome to GSR.
                                Will probably get better answer to your tech question if post in on of the tech section, maybe General maintenance.

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X