Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Trevor,

You'd probably know if the road is paved from Port Renfrew to Lake Cowichan (sp?).

Fine looking bikes there.
    Yes it is indeed paved. In the summer my mom was out for a visit and I took her up tp Port Renfrew and then we went across to Lake Cowichan. I kept thinking how I wish I was on a bike! Rob and I are planning to do that trip soon. Just waiting for a day a bit warmer as it's usually a bit cooler up Island. We have a lot of great "day trip" roads here, just lacking in real long tours. Looking forward to getting over your way in the future too.
    No signature

Comment

Waited for the ice to melt off as we got to a balmy 37F while the sun and wind dried off most of the roads. Still lots of sand put out at night for icy roads, but did get a short ride in today. I wanted to go yesterday but family gatherings took up my day and delayed my New Year's ride.

Comment

PLayed 18 holes of golf this morning, got home around 3 and went for a 40kms ride the last 15 in a good rain and lots of wind! No pics of the ride but here is one of golf. That is the 18th green and at 12 o'clock high you can see Mt. Baker over in Washington. Sorry camera phone.
        No signature

Comment

I went to the grocery store but I didn't know we had this thread or I would have documented the process.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
            I went to the grocery store but I didn't know we had this thread or I would have documented the process.
            Good one!!
            No signature

Comment

Has the weather been crappy everywhere? We have had 5 straight days of rain. And no end in sight. Temp has been mild though at around 8 or 9 degrees. Anyone still riding? But apparently we don't want grocery lists.
              No signature

Comment

No, it's bright and sunny here, 36*F, very little ice at the bottom of my driveway. I think I'll go on my first ride of the New Year today just to do it.

Comment

After riding all week last week in the 20's-40's and seeing that we broke records that had been high's for the past 2 days in over 100 years for the area this week,
                  Yesterday I called the ONLY GS member in Northern Nevada, besides myself, that actually rides motorcycles rather than just polish them, GSExpress.
                  Sure enough, he was busy cleaning out the garage as well and was thinking the same thing! (Any excuse to ride is a good one. )
                  We started out for a short 2 hour jaunt. That wasn't going to work for us as usual. LOL! (We ended up covering about 170 miles.)
                  I hadn't been to a couple of Reservoirs in the area in over 5 or 6 years and he had never been to them before at all.
                  So, off we went!

Come along for the ride if you like.

Heading west into California.

Throttle stuck and almost missed my turn! Haven't been on these roads in 5-6 years.

At Stampede Reservoir after adjusting the stuck idle. Good trout fishing the last time I was here.

From Stampede heading back towards the highway stopping at Boca Reservoir.

At Boca Reservoir downstream, the one that they suck dry first.

Leaving Boca and heading west towards Truckee through the "bug" check station. (Note the thorough inspection.)

Through the California "Bug" station to check for fruits and vegetables going into California via Highway 80 West.

Leaving Truckee, traffic and civilization towards Sierraville.

Must watch your speed as the antlered rats infest this section of roadway especially just when the Sun sets!

From Sierraville into Loyalton.

Entering Loyalton.

The video's from California into Nevada from the north were corrupted.

Hope you enjoyed the ride!

Daniel

Comment

Rode to the station. (N. Ill.) 32F and damp this morning, but free parking is free parking. Also, it's supposed to get into the 50s later.

Comment

Eff it!! I just came home early from work and I'm going out for a ride!! About 5 degrees not raining but looks like it could. don't care need an excuse ro wash the bike later anyway.
                      No signature

Comment

6° Celsius (about 43° F) here in Toronto today, went for a 2 hr ride on the Cooley.

Bring on global warming, yeah baby!!!

Comment

Daniel, that's awesome scenery there... all I did this week was ride to work and back to take advantage of the light traffic and good weather, back to the train next week...
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Played hookey from working in my shop for awhile today, video clips are downloading at the moment. I'll post up the video as soon as it's done. It's not very often around here that I can ride on the 6th of January!

Comment

video clips from today's short ride

Here I am heading out of my driveway, some ice, a small amount of butt clench, not too bad though....
                              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

A little further down the road headed west, I turned around, headed into town and bought gas.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Then, I took the road thru town again, turned left to do the curvy road around the airport and home after filling my tank.

This is still my cheap $20 Flip video camera not properly mounted, so there's a bit of jerky movement to put up with, especially when I hit frost heaves.

Comment

Hi,

Fun stuff, Dan. Thanks!

Do you have a radio in your helmet? In the fairing?

All the best,

Cliff

Comment

Working...
                                X