X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
    Hi,

Fun stuff, Dan. Thanks!

Do you have a radio in your helmet? In the fairing?

All the best,

Cliff
    The radio's in the fairing. Not too bad of sound is it? Not stellar or newer Oldwing quality, but I can hear it adequately up to about 70 mph. The radio in the fairing of the 1100G is better up to about 80mph.

Comment

Goin` for smokes

Well. Had to go for smokes... Yeah Yeah I know I shoulndn`t but I save 25 bucks per carton going down to Lake county Illinois and it`s a 30 mmile round trip so.... Sorry there are no scenic pics but still a nice ride down Sheridan Rd. on the Lake.

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
      1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Rode the bicycle about 20 miles today. I think the bottom bracket is starting to go.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

No pics. but weather was so nice I got to ride to work and back. And it was wonderful (except being at work). Hadn't been on it for couple of months, started right up, ran a little rough the first couple of miles, but great after that! God I love that bike! terrylee

Comment

Took out the B-12 for we finally got a day above freezing. Had to pull out the GSX project to get her out. frsh 2" of snow in my drivewya when i departed this am. Love those Mich. Pro pilot 3s!
            Love this weather! 2nd gear is so impressive!!! Suppose to be warm enough the next couple of days so I'll get it out to stretch her legs!

More to come if the rides still happen!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              frsh 2" of snow in my drivewya when i departed this am. Love those Mich. Pro Pilot 3s!
              It was exactly FOR this time of year, that I bought the Pilot 3's for the GSX.
              Snow tires for street bikes. Got to love it.

Daniel

Comment

No Pics, but got a chance after work to ride for about 30 minutes. Temps about 45F.

Considering it's the 6th of freakin' JANUARY in WISCONSIN, it was great! Earliest first ride of a year I've ever had.

Comment

This winter really hasn't been much of a winter this year... Ground hasn't frozen solid yet.

Tires for the win! I'd recommend the Mich. Pro pilot 3's to anyone that takes a bike out all year round. I've ridden on snow covered roads a couple times already this year and they are awesome!!! Only thing I'll put on my B-12 from now on!!! Hell the tires have stud mounts... Lol they gotta be good!
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 01-07-2012, 12:06 AM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The GS's will just have to do with the BT-45's and 5 pounds of less air for the Winter.
                    Unless they suddenly decide to make Pilot 3's that fit the stock rims.

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

I'm an ex-smoker, but I think it's great that you got out for a ride. I'd probably just go for a lottery ticket.

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
                      Well. Had to go for smokes... Yeah Yeah I know I shoulndn`t but I save 25 bucks per carton going down to Lake county Illinois and it`s a 30 mmile round trip so.... Sorry there are no scenic pics but still a nice ride down Sheridan Rd. on the Lake.

I just rode to work and back this week. It's been 80ºF or better all week! I'd go riding this weekend but there's a lot of NFL playoffs to watch. Go Saints!!!

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2012, 04:12 AM.

Comment

It wasn't 44F and sunny like the weatherman promised, but the roads were passable and in the 30's with overcast...good enough to get out for a few hours. Lots of sand and wet on the back roads. Some mugshots of the bikes, my local riding buddy and yours truly....

Comment

Hi Mr. lurch12_2000,

That looks like a very *bracing* ride! What frozen lake is that in the background? Brrrr! Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                            Hi Mr. lurch12_2000,

That looks like a very *bracing* ride! What frozen lake is that in the background? Brrrr! Thanks for the pictures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                            I noticed something missing from that picture. There weren't any fishhouses or people sitting on buckets fishing on that lake either. What a travesty!

Comment

Riden 35 miles in the past two days. Temps have been in the 40's this week. Not too bad for Chicagoland in January.

Scudder

Comment

Bikes look great. I'm not sure if I would risk a ride in that weather though, and I thought we rode around in the cold up here. And that's the good old GS hard core..no shield. Love the bike Lurch, I hope mine turns out just as nice.
                                Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X