No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode the modified skunk around town for awhile.
    Last edited by Guest; 04-28-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Ah, more winds and dust today. Ride #2 a no go.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

120 miles today before the rains come this week. Sure felt nice to get out and about.

I hope to get the badges back on in the next couple of weeks.

I just noticed that's the saddle bag clip at the back of the side cover and not a chip; scared myself for a second.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

First real ride of the year for me today.
          A couple glitches but it still felt great to be out bombing around the back country.
          The roads sure did take a beating from this long, loud winter.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            First real ride of the year for me today.
            A couple glitches but it still felt great to be out bombing around the back country.
            The roads sure did take a beating from this long, loud winter.

Wow, that's gorgeous! Love the wire wheels. Beautiful bike.
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Met up with Storm64 (Norm) for a little country road riding.
              Found a few nice curves , some good straightaways, and ya know.... talked about bikes.

Two 1100's with aftermarket pipes going down the road together sounds really good.

It was a good day today.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                Met up with Storm64 (Norm) for a little country road riding.
                Found a few nice curves , some good straightaways, and ya know.... talked about bikes.

Two 1100's with aftermarket pipes going down the road together sounds really good.

It was a good day today.
                Yep, I had a fun afternoon riding with Adam and his companion... But what really got me was the sound the motorcycles made together. When they hit a certain RPM you could hear it like it was in stereo, like a reverberation... Totally awesome, can't wait to do it again.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Beautiful blue GS.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    120 miles today before the rains come this week. Sure felt nice to get out and about.

I hope to get the badges back on in the next couple of weeks.

I just noticed that's the saddle bag clip at the back of the side cover and not a chip; scared myself for a second.
                    Glad to see you out on her at last Scott, excellent! Bet it feels real good right?
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Well after my electrical fun last week it was great to get Stator out for his last ride in Brissie here before I ship him up to Simon for his trip to the US.

I joined the Katana guys' usual Saturday morning meet up and it turned out we had 8 bikes all up including 4 Kats which was nice... usually there's only a few.

For the Kat riders we had Reg on his hot rod '82 1100, Derek on his "750"... not quite stock, Jesse on his 1100, and Ben joined us for the first time on his modified 1100 that he has just gotten registered. Looks a little different with Kawasaki running gear!

And for the non-Kat riders we had Derek generously loaning his not quite stock GSX1100 to John for the day, Brian on his modern GSXR750, my mate Todd from work on his big Beemer, and of course me on my wee 450.

Now firstly, we cannot show you this man's face because he is a... dentist (???!!!)... and I asked no questions... Stator might be a little sensitive when he arrives Simon!

We invaded the IGA carpark at Cashmere for the start, Stator sitting on my 450 in the background there... turns out I was pretty slack at getting Stator front and centre for the pic's!

And Ben arrived just after the Stator shots:

We then had an awesome ride up some of our favourite back roads to Mt Mee.

This is my second ride with the Avon RoadRiders and after following the advice of Reg and Derek last weekend and dropping the pressures to 32psi front and rear, they are even better again! I have never felt like I've had that much grip before up those roads, and they get quite tight and twisty!

We had our usual brekky stop at the Pitstop Cafe and got a few more shots in, with Stator opting to weigh down Dereks' lightened "750"...

So there you go, Stator's had some great fun riding around Brissie as well as working on the 450, so once I get his travel log up to date I can send him on up to Simon some time this week so he's there in plenty of time to head over to the US.

sigpic

Comment

Nice pics, Pete and good to see your friends go along with the travels of Stator.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Cheers Steve, it's always a blast getting out with those guys! They've shown me some new roads I never knew and they are an absolute barrel of fun, especially with the 450 being a nice size to be thrown around in the twisties.

The Kats only lose me on corner exit when they can open the throttle...

And yeah, they all seemed very happy to have Stator along and to show him a good time too!

sigpic

Comment

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Tom, i am assuming this is the "before" pic?
                              A beautiful spot.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                                Now firstly, we cannot show you this man's face because he is a... dentist .[URL=http://s594.photobucket.com/user/starpoint73/media/Ride%20Photos/20140426%20-%20Power%20Circle%20with%20Stator/aa662806-90a0-4a7f-8c42-4849a16c133f.jpg.html]....
                                ... or a urologist.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X