anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
    ... I just rode to work and back this week. It's been 80ºF or better all week! I'd go riding this weekend but there's a lot of NFL playoffs to watch. Go Saints!!!

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
    +3 in OT! Geaux Saints Geaux!
    Could have rode today, but local weather 75 clear no wind, so golf course called. Gotta find a way to carry/harness clubs on the bike...
    '80 GS1000ST
    '92 ZX-11
    Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

HooRah!

GO SAINTS! I`m an NFC guy as well. Just wanted to give big ups to all my fellow GS`ers for getting out there and getting in a little riding and taking advantage of this great weather. Thanks BC for the kind wishes. Right back at you and yours. Happy New Year to everyone and your families and God Bless.

SHINEY SIDE UP!

Mike
      Hi,

I'm an ex-smoker, but I think it's great that you got out for a ride. I'd probably just go for a lottery ticket.

I just rode to work and back this week. It's been 80ºF or better all week! I'd go riding this weekend but there's a lot of NFL playoffs to watch. Go Saints!!!

All the best to you and yours,

Cliff
      sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
      1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
        I noticed something missing from that picture. There weren't any fishhouses or people sitting on buckets fishing on that lake either. What a travesty!
        Oof Yeah no ice fishers out this year so far... Champlain isn't even frozen over yet... Way to warm for shanties! Looking to be an early start to riding this year!
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

No pictures but I got up a went out about daybreak this morning. Rode for a couple of hours then came home to do chores.

Comment

Yep got ou for a late afternoon ride into town. Temp around 9 (48) not bad for January 8th i guess. Here is a pic over looking the Pacific with the Olympic mountains in Washington.
            No signature

Comment

Hi,

I took my weekly ride out to visit Dad. It was a very blustery day but Jessie had no troubles navigating in all the wind.

Dad and I watched the Broncos/Steelers game. Looks like Pittsburg got Tebowed!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Dad and I watched the Broncos/Steelers game. Looks like Pittsburg got Tebowed!

Great game. I watched the whole thing because I was interested in whose playing my Pats next week. Tebow looked pretty good, no mistakes, and on target with all but a few passes. Pittsburgh definitely got lulled into thinking they would skate by Denver. We'll see if the worst defense in the league (Pats) team can score their usual 30+ points and still pull a win over your Broncos. The Pats' defense somehow get key turnovers to turn most games in their favor.

Comment

Rode a 45 mile round trip today to put some money in the credit union. Check out the temp today.

Comment

Beautiful day in Orlando, upper '70's. Took the 1000 out and got insurance on it and ran a few errands. Swung by GSRick's place. Finally got to meet him, first GS member I actually met face to face. He has a couple of dozen old GS's here and there. Too bad I forgot the camera. Broke my tach cable on the way home, skinny springy inside cable snapped, oh well, I guess I should be happy it lasted 33 years.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

50 degrees here today, went for a nice 40 mile ride, hard to believe it's Jan.! I love it! terrylee

Comment

Hey Daniel,

I finally got around to looking at your videos. Good two-lane roads, beautiful scenery, no traffic. I'm looking forward to riding again up that way this summer.

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Heading west into California.

Throttle stuck and almost missed my turn! Haven't been on these roads in 5-6 years.

From Stampede heading back towards the highway stopping at Boca Reservoir.

Leaving Boca and heading west towards Truckee through the "bug" check station. (Note the thorough inspection.)

Through the California "Bug" station to check for fruits and vegetables going into California via Highway 80 West.

Leaving Truckee, traffic and civilization towards Sierraville.

Must watch your speed as the antlered rats infest this section of roadway especially just when the Sun sets!

From Sierraville into Loyalton.

Entering Loyalton.

Daniel

BassCliff

Comment

Hey Daniel,
                          I finally got around to looking at your videos. Good two-lane roads, beautiful scenery, no traffic. I'm looking forward to riding again up that way this summer.

BassCliff
                          It is not traffic, LEO's or road conditions that require toning down the throttle.
                          It is the surprise visits from deer, rabbit's and bear that will get you. They pop up out of nowhere when least suspected!

Daniel

Comment

Rode my bike for work today. It was only 0 degrees today but roads were dry and promise of sunshine. Got in 65km today and had to visit a client in the hospital today and a Doctor friend told me that they had four admissions to emergency in a row that were motorcyclists! Be careful out there.
                            No signature

Comment

You must mean Zero Celsius. Nice to see some other bikes in the commuter lot. Here (Chicago suburbs), we get only scooters this time of year, except for my 550. This week we've been lucky, high 20s (F) in the morning, and 50s in the evening. Snow tomorrow, I hear.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Not riding today, there's ice and snow on the road, however, I rode yesterday, here are the picts and video.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

It was about 53*F yesterday when I made this ride, tonight it dropping down to about 8*F.

Comment

Working...
                                X