No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics! I just took a mine in front of an abandoned building tonight...

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Wow, awesome pics Ed! You said they were all in New Mexico? I have some sort-of-family out there and I've been meaning to go there! I haven't been west at all yet.

Comment

Southeast NM

Originally posted by srg View Post
        Wow, awesome pics Ed! You said they were all in New Mexico? I have some sort-of-family out there and I've been meaning to go there! I haven't been west at all yet.
        I'm glad you like the pics. The warmer weather and MrBill being my tour guide has helped me enjoy some beautiful sites in New Mexico.

Thanks to GSR, I've made a great friend in Bill and he's been so helpful in maintaining my bike. Fortunately, I've been utilizing parts he's removed from his 1980 GS750E and they've worked!

--4 Boot Clamps to replace the Hose Clamps the OP installed on the Airbox
        --630 Chain with only 3K miles

I hope you make it out here. My new job brought me here and I'm taking advantage by visiting family in Los Angeles and San Marcos, TX.

Ed
        Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-12-2014, 09:00 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
          advantage by visiting family in Los Angeles and San Marcos, TX.
          Ew, San Marcos TX.
          Close to Texas Hill County.

I have 3 things to tell you, if you don't already know:
          FM337, FM336 and FM335

and a 4th thing
          Frio Canyon Motorcycle stop.

and a 5th thing
          Old Spanish Trail diner in Bandera.

Last edited by Redman; 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Great pics, I was up there Summer before last. I could spend some time in the area. Great roads in and out and the locals are friendly. If your going east It's also the last mountain riding you will see til Arkansas.

Cheers

Comment

Took the 750 out tonight to stretch her legs. What a beautiful night on the Island.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Ew, San Marcos TX.
                Close to Texas Hill County.

I have 3 things to tell you, if you don't already know:
                FM337, FM336 and FM335

and a 4th thing
                Frio Canyon Motorcycle stop.

and a 5th thing
                Old Spanish Trail diner in Bandera.

I know not what thou speaketh of...

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I know not what thou speaketh of...

Ed
                  You said visiting SanMarcos TX.

If you do not already know, you should know that is real close to Texas Hill Country area. And you should know about these roads: FM337, FM336, and FM335.

When I was there I had to ask what "FM" stood for and they said "Fhamtahmahakat", so I still didn't know. Later I figured it was Farm To Market, althouh some of the signs said had Ranch Road.

Anyway, if planning to go to San Marcos TX, with your bike. Do look at a map for FM 337, FM 336 and FM 335.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You said visiting SanMarcos TX.

If you do not already know, you should know that is real close to Texas Hill Country area. And you should know about these roads: FM337, FM336, and FM335.

When I was there I had to ask what "FM" stood for and they said "Fhamtahmahakat", so I still didn't know. Later I figured it was Farm To Market, althouh some of the signs said had Ranch Road.

Anyway, if planning to go to San Marcos TX, with your bike. Do look at a map for FM 337, FM 336 and FM 335.
                    OHHHHH......

I'm not Riding to San Marcos. (It's an 11-hr drive from Alamogordo) My daughter currently lives there and commutes to Austin. I'm staying at a hotel in Austin so we can enjoy the sites.

Thanks for the heads-up....Texas, it's a whole other country!

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Short loop on the wife's 1150. Brakes felt glazed.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

OHHHHH......

.......... I'm staying at a hotel in Austin so we can enjoy the sites.

I had occasion (2009) to rent bike out of Austin for part of a day.
                        Headed west
                        Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Was Okay, but not like when I was in Hill Country (2005). That was great.

Ed, Your PM box is full.
                        Last edited by Redman; 05-14-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

What's really nice about the Texas Hill Country is living in it.

Comment

Alamogordo to San Marcos

I had occasion (2009) to rent bike out of Austin for part of a day.
                            Headed west
                            Do you have a great road adventure that you would like to share? How about a bike repair gone bad? Put your story here and share it with the rest of us.

Was Okay, but not like when I was in Hill Country (2005). That was great.

Ed, Your PM box is full.
                            Thanks Redman, I cleaned out some old messages but still over 90%.

I plan on a brief visit to San Marcos....since it will take me the better part of 10+ hours to drive my SUV there. I'll take a Friday off for travel and get there in the afternoon, maybe 5-6pm. I plan on leaving Sunday so it just leaves Saturday to spend with her so I don't plan on Riding.

I got your message, btw. Thanks for all the info...I'll be sure to check it out with my daughter.

Ed
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I have a week off work this week and got out for a short ride yesterday morning... curtailed by the clouds covering the sun and making it too cold for my summer gear! The jacket liner has to go in soon...

I had the roads almost to myself which was awesome, and I hit my favourite set of curves on the north side of Mt Mee that have me loving these Avon Roadriders more than ever. I have never had such a smooth run up/down those curves... so much so I did them twice!

Couple of shots into the sun from Clear Mountain Rd:

Pulled over for a quick shot on Kobble Creek Rd:

And the rest stop on Mt Mee:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Week off work eh? lucky bugger!

Nice scenery Pete, always wanted to visit Australia but it's full of snakes and spiders.....
                                It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                                Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                                '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                                '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                                '82 GS1000SZ
                                '82 GS1100GL
                                '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Working...
                                X