X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this will work...

No signature

Comment

trevor, how do all of those beemer riders ride together without crashing? I mean, while they are all striking the pose of looking down their noses at lessor bikes, how do they see the road?

Comment

Originally posted by londonboards View Post
        Couple of pics in a deserted metal hospital in Kent, UK.
        Not quite Kent but somehow I was expecting the House of Lords
        It's smoke that make electronic components work.
        Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
        '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
        '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
        '82 GS1000SZ
        '82 GS1100GL
        '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
          trevor, how do all of those beemer riders ride together without crashing? I mean, while they are all striking the pose of looking down their noses at lessor bikes, how do they see the road?
          LOl.. Funny Rob and Glenn were on their GS bikes and when I ride one of my GSs they get the most attention.
          I must admit I felt strange not riding an old Suk with Glenn and Rob having theirs. Funny you mention the whole bmw snob thing...and I think at least Glenn will agree with me on this one..The BMW dealler here is WAY more open and friendly than any of the other dealers here. For starters they are the ony dealership in town to have a bike night every week and they feed you hotdogs and burgers before going out for a ride. And ALL brands are welcome.
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            LOl.. Funny Rob and Glenn were on their GS bikes and when I ride one of my GSs they get the most attention.
            I must admit I felt strange not riding an old Suk with Glenn and Rob having theirs. Funny you mention the whole BMW snob thing...and I think at least Glenn will agree with me on this one..The BMW dealer here is WAY more open and friendly than any of the other dealers here. For starters they are the ony dealership in town to have a bike night every week and they feed you hotdogs and burgers before going out for a ride. And ALL brands are welcome.
            So true! This is the most friendly motorcycle dealership I've ever encountered. Because of the different experience levels of the people who attend the bike night, the ride to the destination is quite sedate and everyone rides in a safe and organized manner. On the way back you can let your hair down a little more and separate from the group. All of the GSR members can be proud in knowing that Rob and I took off from group first to give them a sampling of the exhaust note of Rob's Marving! (That is, if they weren't too busy on their cell phones talking to their stockbrokers)
            IBA# 12860
            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
            1984 KZ1100R
            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
              So true! This is the most friendly motorcycle dealership I've ever encountered. Because of the different experience levels of the people who attend the bike night, the ride to the destination is quite sedate and everyone rides in a safe and organized manner. On the way back you can let your hair down a little more and separate from the group. All of the GSR members can be proud in knowing that Rob and I took off from group first to give them a sampling of the exhaust note of Rob's Marving! (That is, if they weren't too busy on their cell phones talking to their stockbrokers)
              When you left I said "look at those hooligans go" lol you know I would have been right with you if I didn't have Liam on the back.
              No signature

Comment

Ohhhh yeah!
                Rebuilt my forks yesterday. In think it took longer to get the darn fairing back on than it did the forks.
                Will be doing some good riding this afternoon!

Love my 650.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                  Ohhhh yeah!
                  Rebuilt my forks yesterday. In think it took longer to get the darn fairing back on than it did the forks.
                  Will be doing some good riding this afternoon!

Love my 650.
                  I've seen a very similar bike from Switzerland with the same paint scheme here:

Use this forum to tell everyone the details about the GS that you own and a little about yourself as well.

Check it out....has a very nice fairing. Your bike looks great, btw.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Well Ed, everyone like a compliment on their bike. So thanks.
                    She is a real Mona Lisa though.(looks good from 20 feet, but up close all cracked and rough so to speak) ha
                    This was my 375$ buy last year. I cleaned the carbs, put tires on it and rode it to Brown County rally. Made it problem free.
                    Found it with 8500 miles on it.
                    Will likely do a frame up resto/clean up with it eventually.
                    I'm really starting to like faired bikes. I did see that other one you mentioned. I really like that fairing. Looks great on that particular bike.
                    Good stuff.

Comment

Bike is Beautiful

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                      Well Ed, everyone like a compliment on their bike. So thanks.
                      She is a real Mona Lisa though.(looks good from 20 feet, but up close all cracked and rough so to speak) ha
                      This was my 375$ buy last year. I cleaned the carbs, put tires on it and rode it to Brown County rally. Made it problem free.
                      Found it with 8500 miles on it.
                      Will likely do a frame up resto/clean up with it eventually.
                      I'm really starting to like faired bikes. I did see that other one you mentioned. I really like that fairing. Looks great on that particular bike.
                      Good stuff.
                      I remembered to make a compliment at the end. My thought was that I saw that bike somewhere else...of course I didn't want to be incredibly rude and not mention how nice your bike is.

I paid $475 for my "T" with a rebuild clutch and carbs. It wasn't running when I got her and the PO guaranteed she would crank up! Didn't need to cash in on his word since the shop I had the bike in gave the once over.

It's great getting these bikes in working order. I've had some assistance from MrBill who is just down the road in Las Cruces.

I've been on one long distance run (250 miles + 60 miles to Alamogordo) and also my first Bike Rally last week (Aspen Cash). I've had a great time here in New Mexico carving twistys in the mountains. I'll be leaving soon and headed to norther Florida.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        I remembered to make a compliment at the end. My thought was that I saw that bike somewhere else...of course I didn't want to be incredibly rude and not mention how nice your bike is.

I paid $475 for my "T" with a rebuild clutch and carbs. It wasn't running when I got her and the PO guaranteed she would crank up! Didn't need to cash in on his word since the shop I had the bike in gave the once over.

It's great getting these bikes in working order. I've had some assistance from MrBill who is just down the road in Las Cruces.

I've been on one long distance run (250 miles + 60 miles to Alamogordo) and also my first Bike Rally last week (Aspen Cash). I've had a great time here in New Mexico carving twistys in the mountains. I'll be leaving soon and headed to norther Florida.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Ed
                        Yup, been dragging Ed all over the place here. To bad you have to leave soon, next on the list was the Cat Walk and the Gila Cliff ruins. Though I showed him some cool stuff. Now, when he gets to Florida, DAYTONA BIKE Week lol. He ain't that far.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Went for a quick jaunt today, and was snubbed by a 20 something hipster wanna be riding a Sportster while wearing skinny jeans and a retro gold flake open face helmet. Too cool for the room I guess. I didnt take it personally
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Finally got my moto out for a ride today. My partner just finished her motorcycle class a couple weeks ago (and is semi-inheriting my '03 suzuki burgman 400) and we wanted to take our first ride together. Weather is great here in Milwaukee and the weekend looks to be beautiful. Saw a lot of bikes out - good vibes all around.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                              Finally got my moto out for a ride today. My partner just finished her motorcycle class a couple weeks ago (and is semi-inheriting my '03 suzuki burgman 400) and we wanted to take our first ride together. Weather is great here in Milwaukee and the weekend looks to be beautiful. Saw a lot of bikes out - good vibes all around.
                              Tell her to start saving up for a real bike lol. Once she gets the wind in her face, she is gonna want a bigger bike in the near future.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Birds of Prey vintage motorcycle Show

Local motorcycle store Birds of Prey in Caldwell hosted a vintage motorcycle show today, first I've seen in the area. Took my 1000 kat over and met up with Al Hunter also a member here with his 1100E. Fun day...

Mike Watanabe of Union Motorcycle Classics cafe bike builders in Nampa Idaho (as featured on the TV show "Cafe Racer") taking an interest in the kat. Nice guy, told me he hadn't seen a kat as stock as mine in forever. Always nice to get a compliment...

With some more of the Union Motorcycle boys...

Al's 1100 and my kat...

And here's some shots of others on display including the Union Motorcycles BSA and Triumph cafe bikes...

It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                                Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                                '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                                '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                                '82 GS1000SZ
                                '82 GS1100GL
                                '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Working...
                                X