No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking GT250 so i got it half right.
    To my eye it really suits the bike.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Today's plan was to ride out to Iron Pony in Columbus to buy a new riding jacket and then over to German Village for an early dinner at a Sausage Haus and German bakery we like. I don't like riding on the interstate so after some review of Google, I decided on what turned out to be some good back roads that would have made a typical 90 minute drive into almost 3 hrs. Charmayne also wanted to ride so we both donned our gear and set off.

She really enjoyed what time we got on the ride.

The wife and two of the other kids are in the Chevy:

Unfortunately, after about 75 miles Charmayne and the rest of the family had to leave me as the clutch went out on the bike and I waited for a rescue. The clutch cable itself is fine as I can hear the worm gear move when I pull the lever. However, the bike will move freely even if it's in gear (1st, 2nd, whatever) so I'll take off the sprocket cover in the AM and look at the pushrod.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This was taken yesterday...Rob and I went for a ride up Island and the place he wanted to take us for Lunch had recently burned down.
        So we went to the Crow & Gate pub out in the middle of nowhere..busy traditional pub (hey Charlie, we gotta take you there). We sat out side...here is Rob enjoying a pint while we wait for our order...

No signature

Comment

Today a different kind of riding...my wife did her first ride ever on a dirt bike. We had a great time riding on a beautiful day!
          I gotta tel what an amazing feeling it was riding with my wife and our son. I was grinning ear to ear all day!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            This was taken yesterday...Rob and I went for a ride up Island and the place he wanted to take us for Lunch had recently burned down.
            So we went to the Crow & Gate pub out in the middle of nowhere..busy traditional pub (hey Charlie, we gotta take you there). We sat out side...here is Rob enjoying a pint while we wait for our order...

Been working on the bike a lot, so the chances of seeing that pub are increasing. You lead a charmed life.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Been working on the bike a lot, so the chances of seeing that pub are increasing. You lead a charmed life.

cg
              You are right about the "charmed life". Charlie, just so you know, if your bike is not ready between Rob and I we will have a bike for you to use.
              No signature

Comment

Went to the store, but the real story was rolling the cycle out of the garage...I leaned it on a not fully deployed sidestand......as I walked away, I noticed the cycle moving slowly, about to fall. I quickly grabbed it by the passenger seat/grab rail and thankfully saved it.......
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                  Went to the store, but the real story was rolling the cycle out of the garage...I leaned it on a not fully deployed sidestand......as I walked away, I noticed the cycle moving slowly, about to fall. I quickly grabbed it by the passenger seat/grab rail and thankfully saved it.......
                  Man I tell ya....I just cleaned and lubed my side stand. I got tired of giving it a kick to put it out only to look down and its there in limbo...somewhere between in and out.
                  I had set her down a few just like you did......I would have dropped it eventually....so all lubed up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                    Been working on the bike a lot, so the chances of seeing that pub are increasing.
                    cg
                    Getting one of those two 1100G's on the road soon eh.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Today a different kind of riding...my wife did her first ride ever on a dirt bike. We had a great time riding on a beautiful day!
                      I gotta tel what an amazing feeling it was riding with my wife and our son. I was grinning ear to ear all day!

Wow you guys have some beautiful views up there in Canada! I've never been to Canada but hopefully one day i will.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                        Man I tell ya....I just cleaned and lubed my side stand. I got tired of giving it a kick to put it out only to look down and its there in limbo...somewhere between in and out.
                        I had set her down a few just like you did......I would have dropped it eventually....so all lubed up now.
                        Thanks for the reminder....the cycle just got its yearly wash/degrease/deoiling....I guess I need to re lube the kickstand.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by A-train View Post
                          Hooptie,

What do you mean? Overheated?
                          It stalled out because I tried to idle the bike down and went too far. It was right at 1000rpm and coming to a quick stop on a down slope, the bike sputtered. And then decided that restarting was dumb for about 15 minutes.

I bump started it and motored back home.

Comment

Lordy, the heat is on, hardly saw a bike out this afternoon, then again it was 102 today. Felt like I was the lone ranger. Forecasted temps for the this week, Monday-102, Tuesday 107+, Wed-108, Thurs-105, Friday-103 then it cools down Sat to 99 Nothing like spring time temps. Oh, it's 11:33pm as i write this and it is still 87 out.
                            Last edited by mrbill5491; 06-02-2014, 01:34 AM.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Yep, sure did! Well yesterday anyway...

Had our quarterly Brisbane and surrounds combined GSR and Katana Australia run yesterday, although this one was fairly small this time.

Full ride report is here:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=222730

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got back yesterday from a four day ride down to the Ozarks with a few GSR members...Joe Nardy and wife, GBW, Mark Wells, and Mrs Baatfam.

Checking in to our motel...

Mrs Baatfam and myself took off on our own to see some touristy sites...

Meramec Caverns

Elephant Rock State Park...On top of the granite dome

Me...

Continued...
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X