anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
    Finally made it out for the first real ride of the season, myself and 4 long time riding mates. Left the house at 8 am on the ES, beautiful, warm sunny summer day. Met up at 9 at a convenient coffee shop, and back on the road at 9:30.

Rode out about 75 miles to connect to a short stretch of secondary road that hugs, and crosses back and forth across this river about 10 times in 20 miles. That's route 112 heading north from Rt 2 in MA to Rt 100 in VT. Stayed on 100N up past Mt Snow where the temps were refreshingly cool, connecting at Rt 30 in Jamaica (VT) then Rt 30 south east into Brattleboro, then 119 east back home. Almost stopped to say hi to Harry in Hinsdale (as we normally do), but it was getting late....Did notice a Suzi on a trailer so I assume you're still there....

Got back to the local pub at 6 pm for a well deserved cold beverage and a bite to eat. After a bit of socializing and quenching our thirst, finally got back home at 9pm. All told, three states and about 300 miles. Beautiful day, great ride, great scenery, great friends - does it get any better? I'll post a few pics soon. Needless to say, the ES ran like a champ.

Sounds like a very nice ride. Here where I live, 300 miles will barely get you out of NM lol. To make 3 states here, you would be looking at 900+ mile round trip, in the heat
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I rode from Gilbert to Tucson yesterday via the 79, then took a friend out to the Desrt Museum over Gates Pass last night. Spent the night, then headed back this morning, stopping for brunch at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. 250 miles overall. A little toasty, but could have been worse.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Kjartan farewell ride.

Kjartan & I went for ride this afternoon.
        Something of a farewell ride.

(Those of you at Tina Brown County ride last week know who Kjartan is.)

(And, Mr. GS1150Pilot, above, this is the fellow headed to your part of the county, that you were describing some AZ to CA routes on other posting.)

We went on an afternoon ride from here to Muskegon, then took a few roads that somewhat follow Muskegon River to Newaygo. Had a few stops to see the river, and stop in shaded park for a bit.

Stopped at an ice cream place in Newaygo, and Kjartan did his soak-shirt-in-water trick, and some H-D riders found that entertaining.

Rode home.
        Stopped along road a couple times.

Made it back to my place, about 100 miles.
        And wife got to meet him, and we had dinner.

Tomorrow he flys to AZ, to pick up his new-to-him SV650, and continue on ... west ... maybe .. to California ... maybe.
        I did hear something about maybe a week in the mountains in a sling-hammock-tent.

Farewell Buddy,
        Keep In touch.

Last edited by Redman; 06-29-2014, 09:22 PM. Reason: spulling

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I rode today on my 73 Triumph Tiger, the wife was going to come on her 2002 honda hornet but the battery was flat! so I pulled the Katana out of the garage and gave her bike a jump start. Got it going. I really need to rip that head of my Katana and get her back on the road.

Comment

Charmayne and I put in a couple of 25 mile trips today - one this AM and the other to the bowling alley with the family this afternoon then a longer ride back to the garage to continue dipping her carbs. We managed to miss a turn I wanted but ran into a high end >$500K home neighborhood with some really nice homes. In fact, I saw one sign of a house built in the 1700s there that I want to go back to see later this week. We also had to wait for a farm tractor pass us with tires taller than what my truck would have been had I been driving it. Charmayne commented, before her headset died, that she felt like an ant next to that thing.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I went on a little ride. It was the first nice day that I've been here. After mowing the front yard, I took the Cortina out on 3 Capes to see if it would run. I had been having problems, which I think I tracked down to bad electrical connections in the aftermarket electronic ignition. I had a spirited run with it over 3 Capes road. When I got back, I rolled the Skunk out of the garage. It fired right up, and was spewing gas all over the driveway. Opps, someone forgot to tighten two of the drain plugs on the carbs after draining them for storage. That handled, I headed back out to 3 Capes, and all the way to Bob Straub park South of Pacific City. It seemed to be using a lot of gas coming back from Bob Straub. I filled up in Pacific City and it used close to half of a tank to the Cape Lookout trailhead. I stopped there, and figured out that a float valve was stuck open. It was freely flowing gas out the overflow tube On carb 2. I couldn't fix it by the side of the road, so I rode it home. I shut off the motor on the steep downhills, and where I needed to brake, because the vacuum operated petcock only flows fuel when the engine is running. When I got home, I drained #2 in case there was foreign object debris in there. Then I whacked the body a couple times with a mallet and 1/2" socket extension. Good as new! No more leak. It was a nice day today.

The driftwood at local beaches is large, and it gets tossed way up the beach in storms.

And the Cortina at Oceanside:

I just stopped using the Cortina as a daily driver when I picked up that SVT Focus. But that Cortina is running so sweetly at the moment. It quit on me twice Friday, so....
              Last edited by 850 Combat; 06-30-2014, 01:17 AM.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Good to see someone else that is not afraid to take these GS's off-roading.

Comment

Took a ride last night....The weather was beautiful, allowing me to wear shorts and a t shirt under my gear.....I love that.

The reason for the crappy cellphone picture was to send to my freind who I've yet to take a ride with this year.......
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This morning on the ME/NH border at Evan's Notch. Nobody there- gorgeous day with cool mountain air. I think this is why I ride!
                    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Kjartan ride

Kjartan is underway on next adventure.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

^^I woulda done the Phoenix bypass (I-8) this weekend to goto LA. Sadly, I'm staying in Alamogordo to prepare for my departure.

I'm glad someone is enjoying that drive on I-10.

Ed
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

I hit are local Bike Nite at Quaker Steak&Lube in Sharon Pa. It wasn't to bad, amongst the sea of Harleys there was some cool bikes. There was a nice Norton Commando all decked out with modern technology, brakes, carburetor... There was a GS550 in cafe trim. I did get a picture of it. The black on the bike is that wrinkle paint. I didn't look to bad. I chatted with a couple of guys it was fun... Norm
                          PS sorry about the upside down pic.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Another BMW bike night...30 bikes came out to the dealer then about 22 went for a ride. What a beautiful night!!

No signature

Comment

Sorry I missed it...

Glad Bill keeps ending these rides up the Peninsula near his house (and mine... and yours!).
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                                Sorry I missed it...

Glad Bill keeps ending these rides up the Peninsula near his house (and mine... and yours!).
                                Lol... I might have led them that way.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X