Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Heated gear? What's that? LOL.
    Wish I had some or that the GS charging system could handle it.
    Gloves and socks would be all that is really necessary or desired.

Daniel
    It will handle it. I use a heated vest and oxford grip heaters. That's how I get out and ride in the cold weather.

Comment

Took Goldy for another ride today.
      I got tired of having to keep the visor open to keep it from fogging up.
      I guess that I should start wearing one of my balaclavas that I bought.

IT WAS FRICKIN' COLD!!!

The ice covering the entire lanes on the back roads simply sucked!
      No pic's today even though I took a camera. I can only now feel my fingers again.

Thanks for the heads-up Dan!
      I'll be looking into some heated gloves and socks this year.

Daniel

Comment

Finally! Out for a jaunt today with John and his son over Mt Nebo and Mt Glorious which are some fun roads near my place. The only downside is if there's any rain it tends to wash debris over the road in places and it takes a while for the road to dry out because there's so much foliage coverage. It was like that a little in a few places today but not too bad.

I didn't take a camera and it was quite cloudy so not a spectacular day for pic's, but here's a couple from a lookout (Jolly's lookout?) overlooking Wivenhoe Dam taken on my phone:

And John's son with the obligatory proof shot... he was actually looking at the camera except my ineptitude with any photographic device means I missed it... twice...

That also meant 937 trouble free km's since the rebuild so first service time
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

my ineptitude with any photographic device means I missed it
          dont be hard on yourself he's bloody hard to photograph!

Comment

Originally posted by john82q View Post
            dont be hard on yourself he's bloody hard to photograph!
            Hahahaha like photographing our cats... impossible
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I officially hate all of you...if I had to do it all over, I would have opted for a warmer climate to live in, well its not too late I guess....

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                I officially hate all of you...if I had to do it all over, I would have opted for a warmer climate to live in, well its not too late I guess....
                great photo !!

Comment

That was through a window next to my puter, I'd trade that photo for one with a nice hot summer/winter location, where riding is all year round, not to mention fishing, 4-wheeling, hunting, camping.......zzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Come on down to Florida, 70's-80's this week.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I think if our financial situation wasn't so precarious right now, Mrs. old_skool and I would be there, I have a brother just north of Tampa, a buddy in Tampa who has his own fishing charter.....maybe before next winter, or someplace where its green all year round.

Comment

I think if our financial situation wasn't so precarious right now, Mrs. old_skool and I would be there, I have a brother just north of Tampa, a buddy in Tampa who has his own fishing charter.....maybe before next winter, or someplace where its green all year round.
                        Not too familiar with the Tampa area, west coast of Florida, Earlfor would be, but here's the other side of the coast just south of Melbourne. I would buy there but then I'd have to make a 60 mile one way trip to work, no way! Don't know whether this is high or low, but it's representive of the area there. Orlando where I live is about double this or more. I don't want to retire in Orlando, too much of a rat race. I need something more laid back.

sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Tampa is nice, but crowded. The water is warm and great fishing, but if you have any ideas of surfing, then you'd be on the wrong coast. It is 78 degrees today, and beautiful. Here are photos of some central FL. rides I've taken this month. Just saying, you really ought to think about that move.

The first two are posted in the ride game thread, Tag your it!
                          Last edited by gsrick; 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Parents bought a townhouse in Melbourne last year. 1700 SQ.FT. 2 car garage ( I need to throw a bike in there).

They paid 65k. When times were good, some of the other people in the complex paid well over 200k. I would suspect that prices have started creeping upwards in Florida

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                              Not too familiar with the Tampa area, west coast of Florida, Earlfor would be, but here's the other side of the coast just south of Melbourne. I would buy there but then I'd have to make a 60 mile one way trip to work, no way! Don't know whether this is high or low, but it's representive of the area there. Orlando where I live is about double this or more. I don't want to retire in Orlando, too much of a rat race. I need something more laid back.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Florida/...GnkQZuut9n47Qs
                              That house here in Victoria BC would go for anywjere from $400000 to 450000!! It's crazy here but not having the same financial issues.
                              No signature

Comment

Unseasonably warm at 45F today, but eager to give the "new" ride it's maiden test ride. A pic to keep you motivated mid-winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X