No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been riding to work all dry days since last Tuesday. Now it's time to get some more work done on all the other projects that have been neglected recently. gs550.jpg

Comment

finally somebody is starting to get it!

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Went for a fun little spin around my new town. It was a fun and quiet ride with no traffic or drama... I'm going to love it here!!!!

IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
          Went for a fun little spin around my new town. It was a fun and quiet ride with no traffic or drama... I'm going to love it here!!!!

Nice to see you getting buddy.. You gonna hook up with us next week?
          No signature

Comment

Have you been up the Westside highway yet? Fun riding, but be careful...there are some serious tar snakes and crevasses out there.
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
              Have you been up the Westside highway yet? Fun riding, but be careful...there are some serious tar snakes and crevasses out there.
              Haven't been far from Chase yet, way too much work to do with setting up the house. I have a good buddy who lives across the golf course from me who knows the area really well. Next year will see some good exploring for me.

Trevor, I'm heading back to Victoria for some appointments on the 8th and 9th... good timing eh! Rob told me you guys were coming through here on those days. Wish I could have been here. Would love another trip through the Dreamcycle museum.
              IBA# 12860
              Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
              1984 KZ1100R
              2008 Kawasaki KLR650
              2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Short 40 mile ride today taking Charmayne to marching band practice, down to Middletown Cycle to get my cylinder head cover gaskets, over to the garage to put them away until my valve adjustment this weekend and then picked her up after practice finished. Did you know those gaskets won't fit in a set of saddle bags? I figured they could but discovered quickly that half of the package flopped around in the open air. Fortunately I took the back roads and didn't have to deal with a lot of speed so they stayed together in one piece.

Funny thing at Middletown Cycle - one of the parts guys (early 20s) was curious as to my bike since, in his words, he's only ever seen that style of gasket on cars. He was pleasantly surprised and acted as though he liked the bike.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

This was on sept 2, my first day of school. Everyday is a riding day

Comment

almost half the bikes are old ones! nice to see!

Comment

Two weekends ago with Storm 64. I thought it was hilarious there were three options, all of which were for Regular gas.

Comment

Greg78GS750 not available today. HuntB not available today.
                        So was going to work on redecking my mo'cykle trailer, was gonna work on it all day till get it done.
                        Then about 1PM I said, "ah, poiuueee", dropped tools inplace .... and went for an afternoon ride.

Got out the Shadow500.
                        First ride of any distance since I adjusted valves and replaced vacuum line to petcock. Starts easy now, and stays running, and restarts easy when engine hot.
                        (I had been embarrassed when Kjartan took it for ride and was cutting out and hard to restart. All better now.)

Headed to beach in Muskegon, and then north along Lake Michigan, mostly see wooded dune and lots of long driveways, but do go right along the lakeshore in a few places.

Last edited by Redman; 09-08-2014, 12:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

She's a goof-ball. I thought it was funny when I asked if she was going to smoke a cigarette. She said "No not at a gas station!"
                          (Oh no I hope I don't get banded for calling Cheryl a goof-ball) haha
                          My Motorcycles:
                          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)
                          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Went for a ride on Sunday night to spot check my recent work.....The rarely used rear brake is now fully functional if needed, speedo drive works, and quietly, and the bike still rattles but less. The $1 throttle mod is quite fun. I know it doesnt increase performance, but it FEELS so much more punchy
                            Tried to get a picture of the bike under the influence of a full moon, but couldnt get a useable picture.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Did the Coast Mountain Circle Route 691.91km. Awesome ride did it in 2 days.

one of 1/2 a dozen or so tunnels.

Did a stop a hells Gate. Rode down the road. My wife took the tram back up

Comment

A ride out around Buttermere in England's Lake District, yesterday on my GS550T and My mate on his GS850G

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X