No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a short run into town to get gas, the cap wouldn't open...grrrr. So here it is on the way home.
    URL
    [/URL]
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Steve, Bonita, and I joined some of his Goldwing chapter friends last night for a Veteran's Day ride through a local retirement village;

It was probably one of the most fun rides I have been on in a long time. The sites (lights, people waving at their doorways, etc) and sounds (horns, somewhat noisy exhaust - oh wait that was mine) made quite an impression on me. Three of the Goldwings had larger flags on them while a few others had small ones; Bonita had the CB radio on in the van playing various marches and songs (each military branch's song played) while each Goldwing's CB radio played the music coming from it.
      Last edited by cowboyup3371; 11-11-2014, 11:41 PM.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Sounds like a few had a good time cowboy.
        Good on you!

Comment

Yes, we did.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yesterday was probably the last warmish day of the year here in NJ. 60 and clear skies. Took a ride out for a haircut then rode to work at my 2nd job at night. Hopefully we get a few more nice days this year, but soon it will be time to start working on her in the garage.

Planning on cleaning up the carbs properly. I'm also thinking about cleaning out the inside of the tank, as there is some visual surface rusting inside. Plus some cosmetic changes!

Comment

We got snow ...
              Currently in the Stable :
              2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
              1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
              - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

It seemed warm this morning.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

No snow yet, the rain held off for my lunch hour (or two) ride on the "bagger" and temps in the 50's. More NH scenery....

Merrymeeting Lake

Alton Bay, Lake Winnipesaukee

A roadside relic....maybe someday my GS1000G will be rotting by the roadside after I'm gone

A nice overlook....I got tired of stopping for pics after this.

Comment

Yesterday was last ride of the year, 15C and sunny.
                    Today was cloudy, a bit of wet snow and 1C. Yuck.

Along the Welland Ship Canal. One of the bigger lakers at 730 ft.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Snow today. Starting to explore on dirt more expecially since the new Dual puprose tire in the back is on the Fizzy. Srongly considering a dual purpose bike now.... Next Tuesday the matching front goes on but I had to custom order a tube for the front rim. I have quite a few class 4 and dirt roads all around me in Adison County.
                      100 miles today then the snow got pretty desne and I high tailed it back home.
                      Heated gear and knoby tires FTW!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a ride back in October and came across this
                        image.jpg Built in 1826 and was last working in 1926, now just left as a place of interest, only 8 miles from home
                        1981 GS1000g

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                          [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

on Saturday, I took a day trip to Vancouver, got lost and went to Richmond.
                            only bad thing is my new month old clutch cable snapped at the handlebar coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
                              on Saturday, I took a day trip to Vancouver, got lost and went to Richmond.
                              only bad thing is my new month old clutch cable snapped at the handlebar coming back.
                              If you ended up in Richmond, did you manage to self-extract and get back on track?

Saturday was a much better day for a ride than Sunday morning. I spent it (Saturday morning) heading across to Point Roberts to pick up the new Hagon shocks. This post deserves a picture, but I'm one of the few who doesn't even own a cell phone, let alone one with a selfie button
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

yep, I tried to get to the ferries on Kingsway.
                                i made a quick decision to take the wrong turn on the highway.
                                i made the 7 pm ferry to Vic, but then the clutch cable snapped on the highway and I had to ride
                                the rest of the way without the cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X