anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Hahaha...I thought about that though. Lol..
    But I did get this in the mail today.

You got away easy, I had the cops come to my door once with a complaint! I just told the officer that they need to do a better job keeping slower drivers in their appropriate lane... he wasn't impressed.
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
      You got away easy, I had the cops come to my door once with a complaint! I just told the officer that they need to do a better job keeping slower drivers in their appropriate lane... he wasn't impressed.
      Yeah with the way I rode today I'm hoping I want be put on their official mailing list!
      No signature

Comment

Yeah with the way I rode today I'm hoping I want be put on their official mailing list!
        I'm ready to start reporting every head-up-the-ass infraction I see! Failure to yield, failure to signal, improper lane usage, etc... I'll be on the phone all day but why should the quicker drivers always be the ones reported? Time to make a list of elderly and timid motorists that need to be removed from the public roads.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hmmmmm.....wonder if one of those is in the mail to me

Comment

Hahaha...I thought about that though. Lol..
            But I did get this in the mail today.

You'll never see one those around here, if the cops don't see it, it didn't happen. If the cops get several complaints over a period of time in a particular area, they might set up a watch and increase patrols for awhile. One thing the Sheriff's Dept or State cops won't do is chase a gaggle of crotch rockets ie 100 mph clubs, just to dangerous for everyone.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

On the topic of police, I got my first speeding ticket yesterday, he clocked me going 120 kph in an 80 zone on the malahat.
              I got it off easy, and paid $113 with the pay within 2 weeks discount.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
                On the topic of police, I got my first speeding ticket yesterday, he clocked me going 120 kph in an 80 zone on the malahat.
                I got it off easy, and paid $113 with the pay within 2 weeks discount.
                Did he reduce the amount of speed you were doing? Because even with paying it early it should be more.
                No signature

Comment

1st ride of the year today.

No pix or tix, just a nice brisk 35 mile city park jaunt with the Mrs.

Comment

Did he reduce the amount of speed you were doing? Because even with paying it early it should be more.
                    The officer just fined me for speeding, not excessive speeding and it was $134 before the discount of $25.

Comment

I didn't go for a ride I was too busy swimming to the shop.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMERHT View Post
                        The officer just fined me for speeding, not excessive speeding and it was $134 before the discount of $25.
                        120kph on the Malahat is hardly speeding... of course, it is over the posted limit.

I got off lucky yesterday afternoon on the Ducati... I came whipping through a set of tight turns only to pop out in front of a ghost car heading the other way. I got a quick flip on/off of the wig-wags and blue/reds and a finger-shaking "tsk, tsk" from the female officer driving. The second I saw her, I sat up and raised my left hand to signify that I knew that I was boned but she just continued on her way. Either she's a rider herself or the Ducati worked its magic in seducing members of the fairer sex. Regardless, I was well over the posted limit (30kph zone! )when we met and she could have made my life very miserable...
                        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          120kph on the Malahat is hardly speeding... of course, it is over the posted limit.
                          Haha, I know right.
                          120 is usually my cruising speed, sadly the officer doesnt agree with my view.

Comment

Well it was 60F here today so EVERYBODY was out. I can't remember when I rode the E last, so it's been too long. Did a little 50-60 mile loop and saw everything from HDs to at least one Ducati.

sigpic
                            1981 Suzuki GS750E (one owner), 1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "tinker" toy), Previous (First) Bike: 1979 GS425 (long gone)
                            2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (new to me in 11/2011)

Comment

Holy cow! Yesterday on the drive from Seward to Anchorage I saw a guy out riding, I couldn't believe it. There's a little slush on the road in some places but virtually no ice. It's been an incredibly warm winter this year (and last) I think I'd better get that maintenance done soon. Not brave enough to try riding too early though.😵🚑

Comment

It hit 63 degrees (at 2700 ft above sea level) today and there is no such thing as global warming!

[/URL]

My friends 620 Duc on a little ride.

[/URL]

A damned Klamath river in the form of a reservoir. Soon to be liberated by removal.

[/URL]

Riding is so good for my lower back. Thank goodness for nice winter days. Let's see those frozen lakes!

cg
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X