No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was taken Sunday when it was 40', sand was the issue no ice or snow on the roads. It was like ridding on a dirt road... Which I do allot up here in the green Mountain state where over half of the good mountain passes are dirt. I definitely won't be ridding till we get another above freezing day and I'll be using the FZ1 for she has better tires for the job. I had to take it out, I've been saving for 6 months for the bike. I ride all year round too but with a record 27 day stint bellow freezing, I needed to ride... I'm ticked for I generally get 200 miles on a month in January and February... Not this year though. If it's bellow 35' I won't ride. So it's given me very little opportunity to do so this year. Anyway The B-King is all cleaned up chain is clean and lubed and wrapped up in tarps with a cover. I spent maybe 10 minutes ridding but 45 minutes cleaning it up after the ride. lol I have no means to bring it inside... All bike entrances to my shop are locked up with 4-8 foot high snow and ice banks. I'd pick at them if I could but it's too damn cold to stay outside for prolonged amounts of time. And since my only means to my front door is a stepped entrance I can't just roll it in... Thanks for the concern Rob but I wouldn't take it out if there was risk of snow and ice on the roads...
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Trev
      From one ugly bike owner to the other, I rather enjoy seeing your mutant K! It's so lush your way! Very green. I can't wait till spring comes. Now it's starting to drive me nuts. Oh well I guess I got my cage.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        It was taken Sunday when it was 40', sand was the issue no ice or snow on the roads. It was like ridding on a dirt road... Which I do allot up here in the green Mountain state where over half of the good mountain passes are dirt. I definitely won't be ridding till we get another above freezing day and I'll be using the FZ1 for she has better tires for the job. I had to take it out, I've been saving for 6 months for the bike. I ride all year round too but with a record 27 day stint bellow freezing, I needed to ride... I'm ticked for I generally get 200 miles on a month in January and February... Not this year though. If it's bellow 35' I won't ride. So it's given me very little opportunity to do so this year. Anyway The B-King is all cleaned up chain is clean and lubed and wrapped up in tarps with a cover. I spent maybe 10 minutes ridding but 45 minutes cleaning it up after the ride. lol I have no means to bring it inside... All bike entrances to my shop are locked up with 4-8 foot high snow and ice banks. I'd pick at them if I could but it's too damn cold to stay outside for prolonged amounts of time. And since my only means to my front door is a stepped entrance I can't just roll it in... Thanks for the concern Rob but I wouldn't take it out if there was risk of snow and ice on the roads...
        Ignore the fear mongering pantywaists, take it out and flog it like a rented mule! Show it who's boss and earn its respect.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Trev
          From one ugly bike owner to the other, I rather enjoy seeing your mutant K! It's so lush your way! Very green. I can't wait till spring comes. Now it's starting to drive me nuts. Oh well I guess I got my cage.
          It's lush and green for a reason LOL..........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
            Ignore the fear mongering pantywaists, take it out and flog it like a rented mule! Show it who's boss and earn its respect.
            LOL... Now this is coming from a man that told me you cant hug a B-King, you humble down and kneels before it....
            As much as I'd love to go and earn my stripes with it it needs to break 0'C. Looked at the extended and we aren't warming up for at least another 10 days. This winter needs to end.

The only thing I'll be flogging is the Yairs, that is a mule but she loves it! How else am I suppose to make it out into traffic.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              It's lush and green for a reason LOL..........

LOL. Got it. Nice...

I'd take rain right now though. Rain means its warm enough to ride!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I went for a little ride down to Mt Shasta City to see a bike Art H bought. About a 80 mile ride in the high 40's F.

[/URL]

1979 GS1000L destined to be a replacement engine for a 79 E who's block has a hole punched in the case from a "case saver" bolt being to long. He blames me for this bike..................................I don't know what he's talking about. GS Rescue
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                  I went for a little ride down to Mt Shasta City to see a bike Art H bought. About a 80 mile ride in the high 40's F.
                  1979 GS1000L destined to be a replacement engine for a 79 E who's block has a hole punched in the case from a "case saver" bolt being to long. He blames me for this bike..................................I don't know what he's talking about. GS Rescue
                  Way to go Charlie! Nice to see that engine put to good use. A case saver bolt destroyed the case? Now that is irony!
                  IBA# 12860
                  Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Yaaa...that bike is kinda your fault Charlie don't forget to tell him to save the oil pump gears from his 750, they are the sought after ones. Glad to see Art's not giving up easily on the the ol' 750.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

LOL... Now this is coming from a man that told me you cant hug a B-King, you humble down and kneels before it....
                      Yup, I'm a complicated individual!
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Did a circa 70 miler on Saturday, though on my 1990 Revere as the GS is having a long overdue makeover! No pics as it was pretty dull and only about 5C, with only two other bikes out and about. Perhaps 10am was a bit early for the local biker types as there was not a sign of any at the local Cafe, though I think later in the day there would have been a few around.

Comment

Had lunch at Wheelies yesterday with Rob...

Today I had a nice ride to work...

No signature

Comment

Don't know what is going on, but in Portland, Oregon weather is almost summer like. I really feel for you guys in the midwest and east (my god, Boston over 8' of snow!) with all that cold and snow that does not seem to go away. Sorry, really am. We have been lucky with days and days of blue sky, sunshine and temps from 53 to 67 degrees. Been riding up the Columbia Gorge for 250 mile round trips and to the Oregon coast, almost all mountain roads are clear of any gravel since this winter we have not had any real ice and zero snow. No cold weather gear needed. Hang in there you riders, for sure, spring is coming and you can make up the lost riding. Not tooting our weather horn out here, just letting you know what some other parts of the US are like.

Comment

WE FINALLY GOT TEMP ABOVE 40'!!!!
                              What did I do? Well I dialed in the gearing for the hooligan project AKA FZ1 and took it out for about 75 miles today. SO GOOD TO BE BACK IN THE SADDLE!!!! Started out doing errands, had to deposit some cash from a bike I sold and then brought it to my girlfriends design firm and snuck a quick break from her. Then hit up the roads of VT. 116, 7 AND 17. Nice long loop, ran the crap gas out of it and brimmed it with some new petrol, then back home.
                              Pictures

Still too grimy to take the BK out... I'm going to hold off. But the Fizzy loved the new gearing. So much more roll on in top gear. Anyway if it interest you just read my thread in other projects.

Finally winter is letting go. I'm so frickin' pumped!!!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

[/URL]

My son returned home for a week long visit after his trip to Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize last Friday and we managed to go for a ride today. It's was a rarity for us. Maybe only the second time we have rode together. 61f degrees, 126 miles and a brew pub in Etna. A good run.

[/URL]

We hooked up his GoPro on the 650g and hopefully he'll edit out a couple of minutes from the 4 hour trip that I can share. The season isn't to far off!

I'm the short one.

cg
                                Last edited by Charlie G; 03-05-2015, 11:56 PM.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X