No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for a ride today. 6" of snow yesterday in Indiana. Nice day 37 degrees

1982 1100G - 1979 1000SN Cooley #703 - 1982 Kawasaki ELR#337 - 1982 Katana 1000SZ (X3) #769, #872, #1963 - 1983 1100E mid-night blue (X2) - Ducati 907ie - 1976 GT750 Bad Buffalo

Comment

After unloading it off of the truck, four hours of effort and changing parts,
      I got this one running for the first time in about a year and a half.
      So, I took it for a test ride.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

I got this one running for the first time in about a year and a half.
        So, I took it for a test ride.
        Well ?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Started a thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=187856

Daniel

Comment

Went for a short ride this afternoon before the SuperBowl. Stopped by LarryD's place, chatted with him for a while, rode around a bit more, stopped by the store and came home. I have never been on 2 rides in February since I moved to this god-forsaken frozen arctic tundra. I love it, I just hope we don't pay for it later in the year. I gotta put my camera in my tank bag.

Comment

Got out today for a 140km (85mi) ride up island with a couple of buddies to meet Rob who has a 1980 Yamaha 850 triple. Temp was around 8 (46) degrees in Victoria a liitle cooler up in Cowichan. Great day for Feb. 5th! This is a pic of my buddies 2011 Kawa 1400. Very nice!
              No signature

Comment

Oh so Glenn brought his other Kawi today

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
                  Oh so Glenn brought his other Kawi today
                  Yes Glenn has some tough decisions to make when he goes out for a ride!
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Yes Glenn has some tough decisions to make when he goes out for a ride!
                    Very true! I've managed to hold back from bringing out the big 'hog' so far!
                    IBA# 12860
                    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                    1984 KZ1100R
                    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

As promised, a few from our inaugural Brisbane/South East Qld GSR run yesterday, for lots more pic's and details head to the thread in the GS Meeting Place

350km all up on my 450, some did more some less... Simon's still going back home!

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

First time ever Feb ride in MN for me.

I went for a ride, did some grocery getting and went to the credit union at Crow Wing Power Co-op. When I left my house, it was 39.6 *F, and when I got home the temp was down to 29* F. It was still at 40 when I left the credit union (25 miles south of my house). I could see the dark grey clouds in the distance to north, and the north wind was blowing at about 30 mph. 10 miles up the road I ran into the cold front, and all it did was get colder the further north I traveled. Pictures? Yep, but these are the ones while it was still warm. I wanted to get the tag for the riding game, but we don't have flea markets in da' winter months.

The grocery stop.

The Crow Wing Power Co-op/credit union.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                          I went for a ride, did some grocery getting and went to the credit union at Crow Wing Power Co-op. When I left my house, it was 39.6 *F, and when I got home the temp was down to 29* F. It was still at 40 when I left the credit union (25 miles south of my house). I could see the dark grey clouds in the distance to north, and the north wind was blowing at about 30 mph. 10 miles up the road I ran into the cold front, and all it did was get colder the further north I traveled. Pictures? Yep, but these are the ones while it was still warm. I wanted to get the tag for the riding game, but we don't have flea markets in da' winter months.

The grocery stop.

The Crow Wing Power Co-op/credit union.
                          Empty flea markets will work.
                          GSRick
                          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Rode the bike to work today, then went out Sidney to pick up my favorite bike mag Practical Sportbike. 9 (48) degrees today and sunny. Put on 110km (65mi). I heard Environment Canada issued an official opology for getting the weather forcast so wrong. They said it was going to be the coldest winter in 20 years!! Not only has it not been but it has been the warmest in 20 years! This was taken by the fish market on the pier over looking the Pacific.
                            No signature

Comment

I enjoyed a 65-mile one-way ride yesterday (and back), mid-thirties to mid-forties. It was mostly interstate, but I hadn't been on the bike for quite a while, so it was just plain nice to ride.
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Took the GS1100 out for a 100 mile roundtrip ride today to Titusville to visit some old friends.
                                On the way, this big gopher tortise jumped out in the middle of the road in front of me , and I had to do some really quick thinking to avoid hitting him!
                                Since I didn't want him to get hit by a crazed cager I pulled over and put him in the grass where he began to eat everything in sight.

I decided at the half way point to stop and get some gas, while I was there this guy pulled up on a '80 Yamaha XS1100 Special. I chatted with him awhile and he said this bike was one of three he had and was in the worst condition of all of them. But to tell you the truth, this is one clean motorcycle. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The bike looked new, down to the gauges. This is the equivalent to our L models. But a really nice example of this particular model.

Great weather! Just a good day to get some riding in, lots of bikes on the roads, bike week is coming!
                                sigpic
                                Steve
                                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                                X