No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After four weeks of riding other people's bikes, I finally got out on one of my own!

Maybe this "making your hobby your work" thing was not such a good idea.....
    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I had to work 3-11 today And around 730 I went out for a break and ride around the ocean. Just a beautiful night. By the way Garth, what were you saying about rain?

Harbour with the Empress hotel in the background....

the Parliament buildings....

No signature

Comment

Got out and put a few miles on after changing the gear oil today, unseasonably warm again 59F out right now. Supposed to cool down again this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slycox View Post
          Got out and put a few miles on after changing the gear oil today, unseasonably warm again 59F out right now. Supposed to cool down again this weekend.

Warm weather in ND....hmmmm....I'll be in Minot next month but with no bike. Gotta "love" the terrain out there. And that the sun doesn't set til 10pm soon.

Comment

A little video of some stints I took out on the B-King. I finally got into my groove with the machine and I love it! The slipper clutch is something that takes some time to get use to, that's for sure but it's very helpful in those abrupt down shifts before turns. The B-King has a big presence in engine braking and could see if there wasn't a slipper it would wheel hop like a mutha.

Good day for only being 38'F or 3'C

Going to go out again but plan on replacing the front brake fluid first... I think there is air in the line, the lever was spongy since day one but after some hard often braking yesterday I would notice the spongy lever would slowly become stiff... We will see.

Other then that just major smiles per gallon!!!!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              Nicely choreographed video....just watch out for ice patches and stray cows.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                Nicely choreographed video....just watch out for ice patches and stray cows.
                LOL thanks bud! I've only seen a few... Cows that is .
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                  Warm weather in ND....hmmmm....I'll be in Minot next month but with no bike. Gotta "love" the terrain out there. And that the sun doesn't set til 10pm soon.
                  Yeah we keep getting these teasers of warm days and then cold again. Hit 65F so far today but dropping back into the 40's during the day with mid 20's at night...

And yes the terrain is "great" mostly flat with straights around here. Heading west or east its not to bad.

Took the bike to work today and went for a quick ride after, pretty nice except for the ~20MPH winds. Stopped by one of my favorite spots in town.

Comment

Been in the 80's here, just too tired after work to even think about throwing a leg over the bike.
                    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Yup!
                      Great day for it!!! 57' by the time I got home, 43' when I left. SOooo Warm. Got this for mileage today:

Took the GSX up 116 to Richmond and followed 4 into Waterbury.

Stopped in front of the famous round church of Richmond and snagged this photo. Awesome building! Built in 1814, the round design meant the devil couldn't hide in the corner.

I took route 4 down to Waterbury then took 100 south till the 125 junction in Hancock... FYI it was a bad idea. the mountain roads are horrid from potholes, sand and melt, I took a beating but now I know... Took my time and enjoyed it.
                      Pic on a pull off on Route 100 right in the heart of the Green Mountains.

Corner of 125 and 100 in Hancock

Warmer but rain tomorrow however I have my new rain gear I have to try out so I plan to snag a few more miles tomorrow.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Yeah we keep getting these teasers of warm days and then cold again. Hit 65F so far today but dropping back into the 40's during the day with mid 20's at night...

And yes the terrain is "great" mostly flat with straights around here. Heading west or east its not to bad.

Took the bike to work today and went for a quick ride after, pretty nice except for the ~20MPH winds. Stopped by one of my favorite spots in town.

If it's nice enough to ride then ride!!! Man you bike looks great Slycox!!!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          If it's nice enough to ride then ride!!! Man you bike looks great Slycox!!!
                          Yeah I'm hoping to aquire some better (warmer) gear this year to keep me riding longer. Cause it gets pretty cold some mornings but is fine after warm. Will be riding as much as I can. Mainly commuting is the plan.

And the bike looks great from a distance, needs a good cleaning though. Just not warm enough for me to feel comfortable with getting her wet...

Comment

Another 100 miles on my 919 is all. Camera is broken. Almost 900 for the month of March, not bad for winter around here.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Yeah I'm hoping to aquire some better (warmer) gear this year to keep me riding longer. Cause it gets pretty cold some mornings but is fine after warm. Will be riding as much as I can. Mainly commuting is the plan.

And the bike looks great from a distance, needs a good cleaning though. Just not warm enough for me to feel comfortable with getting her wet...
                              I have full insulated leather pants and my leather jacket with the fleece liner. It keeps me pretty warm. I can usually get about 10 miles in 20' F. Upper 30's I can reach out about 100 miles at a time. Today I could have racked more miles on but had to come back into town to go to work... Oh well. I remember first staring out too... I didn't have very good riding equipment. Good equipment will last years, keep you warm and save your hide if you fall (heaven forbid). Worth ever penny! I also have a heated vest for those cold days I'm feeling overly ambitious to get over 100 miles...

I'm getting a High VIZ Viking DOT approved rain/winter suite. Suppose to be here tomorrow or Monday. That's suppose to be the best at sealing against the elements and with the liner it's rated to -20F. We will see. Only suppose to get warmer from here on out but I do ride in everything so high end rain gear was the next logical buy.

Well Bike looks good regardless. I use a Honda spray and wipe in between washes. Pretty good stuff, goes on everything (Minus seats and tires).

Works great on the B-King, Bandit and GR650

the FZ1 needs a power wash every time I'm done with her

Good luck bud! Ride safe!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

That Honda polish does not work any better than Lemon Pledge and costs more. JMO

V
                                Gustov
                                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                                81 GS 1000 G
                                79 GS 850 G
                                81 GS 850 L
                                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                                80 GS 550 L
                                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                                2002 Honda 919
                                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment