Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

[/URL]

Found a new road today in Oregon. Route 66! Note Mt. Mclaughlin in the background.

[/URL]
    Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Fine weather today

The Sibillini's Mountains

The Sibillini's are home to the homonymous wolf

The Castelluccio's Plateau

Some medieval walls

and in between, many a Km of twisties....
    Gorgeous Pics guys!!!!! wow! Live in some really sweet spots!

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
    Heres she sits right after the oil change, chain lube, and wipe down to check for anything that may need attention yesterday. It needs a good detailing and the starter clutch is acting up a bit, but she'll be fine for the summer!
    Holy nice 1150! that is a sweet looking bike!

Here's a video from yesterday's ride:
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Went for a nice from Springfield mo to dawt mill in southern Missouri, stopped at the white river, bullsholes, and the Norfork lake. Was a beautiful day, we stopped at the pizza cellar in rockaway beach and the back to
      home

Comment

I don't have many, but its obvious I will need to go for a ride around the great state of Wisconsin and get some photos with it!

Joe. That is one nice looking beast you have there. Have fun collecting pictures of Wisconsin.
        1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
        1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          It was nice getting the 850 out Sunday for the first time this year. After changing the fluids and installing new B8ES's, I put the petcock on prime for a minute or so, it fired right up. I gave it a good wash then met up with my buddy Paul. We rode to "Zookies" sports bar for wings. My motorcycles like going there, they think it's named after them.... "78550" we'll have to meet up sometime. Looks like fun hanging out at your garage.
          We actually met 3 blocks from my house at another zook rider's house, but my driveway is always hopping too. Let me know if you head this way, maybe we could work out a meet up or a ride.

Comment

Yesterday I rode about 110 miles including the seven mile (each way) stretch between Pardee Recreation area and Jackson on Stoney Creek Road. While it is beautiful, there are no glorious landscape shots--just the best seven miles to ride with every curve being blind and variable radius with constant elevation changes. I need a video setup for the bike. Any suggestions for an inexpensive one?
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              the black cylinders make me think its an 83.

I imagine the shop will be good for you.
              Three of our four bikes (two '80, two '82) have engines that are painted black.
              Will be checking with #2 son to see if he wants his done, too.

Yes, the shop has been good, so far. Until last week, it was working ON the shop (wiring, insulating, paint, etc.), now it's working IN the shop.
              Still work to do ON the shop, though. The plumber still needs to connect the 'wet' utilities and we need a paved driveway. When the plumber is done, I should have made up my mind which compressor I will get, then finish all the 220 wiring (all at the same end as the plumbing), then get the rest of the wall panelling up and get it painted.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I was the only mechanical horse at the ocean today. Still brisk by the shore but we had our gear to keep us warm. Not many people but the horses were out in force.

Comment

sorry Steve, I completely overlloked it.

Now the youtube video should work.

Last edited by Lorenzo; 04-13-2015, 04:15 PM.
                  GS1000G '81

Comment

Joe, thanks for the pic of the 1150. If I recall, you posted it when you joined a while back? I like the black swingarm and passenger peg carriers. Is that a cut down mid panel covering the bottom of the fairing mount? Cool also.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Joe, thanks for the pic of the 1150. If I recall, you posted it when you joined a while back? I like the black swingarm and passenger peg carriers. Is that a cut down mid panel covering the bottom of the fairing mount? Cool also.
                      I had those parts powder coat almost 18 yrs ago, I only know that because my daughter just turned 18 and she was not yet 1 when I had them done…life moves fast!
                      The mid panel lowers I cut down many many years ago because they were smashed.
                      Im hoping to go on a proper ride this weekend.

Im always surprised at how few GS 1150's are around at least by me. In 27 yrs Ive only seen 2 others on the road around here.
                      I like your avatar! And your signature! Good stuff!

Comment

@ GS1000G

I'll tell you, that thou of yours is sweet... must be confy also..
                        GS1000G '81

Comment

I had those parts powder coat almost 18 yrs ago, I only know that because my daughter just turned 18 and she was not yet 1 when I had them done…life moves fast!
                          The mid panel lowers I cut down many many years ago because they were smashed.
                          Im hoping to go on a proper ride this weekend.

Im always surprised at how few GS 1150's are around at least by me. In 27 yrs Ive only seen 2 others on the road around here.
                          I like your avatar! And your signature! Good stuff!
                          Not counting the 2 ive owned (1 past and the current one) and the 2 owned by my cousins ( 1 wrecked unfortunately), ive seen maybe 3 1150s in the flesh in 20 years of knowing of them. Regarding the pic of my bike.....it a really good picture. Reality isnt so kind.
                          Thanks for the kind words.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenzo View Post
                            @ GS1000G

I'll tell you, that thou of yours is sweet... must be confy also..

Thanks man, I bought it last year from a local dude. He has done all the common modifications fork spacers, 1100 motor, led bulbs, new r/r, he put L forks on with the G triple tree the handling is apparently much better than the regular G handling. I have never felt uncomfortable in a corner with this bike at reasonable speeds �� all I need is a new seat cover and I'm good to go it will be like he day it rolled off the factory floor. I appreciate it!!!! GsS ftw!

btw it is comfortable I rode 500miles in one day last year and wasn't even saddle
                            sore this is wayyyy more comfortable than my Honda shadow
                            Last edited by Guest; 04-14-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Great Ride Yesterday!!! Heading out in an hour (letting it warm up) and hitting the Kanc today, shooting for 300 miles today, bringing the Go-Pro with me too. Hit almost 200 Yesterday.

Went down 30 in VT to 4 and headed into NY. Then took 4 to 149 and the 9L to Lake George and stopped by the Lake George steam boat company.

I then took 9N over tounge Mountain... I LOVE THAT ROAD. I really got into the B-King and damn this bike handles very well for how big it is... MY Upper body got a huge work out, Heavy+100Ft/lbs of torque at your disposal is taxing to maneuver, but it's so damn fun... Once I got over the mountain I pulled over and took these shot from Sabbath Point on 9N.

I then stopped over to say hi to my grand parents in the little town of Hague, My grandfather was the Town Supervisor (mayor in another term) for over 20 years, retired a few years ago. Then hit the road. Very much a summer town pretty dead up there now, which is fine. I ran up to graphite mountain (route 8) for it has some awesome twisites. Turned my arms into jello and shrunk those chicken strips right down on the big 190 Rear... Then headed home...

Good day to ride... Parked after a long day, I love it here.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Been busy today, got the truck fixed, Dr's appointment, and cleaning the garage out and reorganizing and I still managed to get a 15mi ride in. Wish I could have ridden some more but 30mph winds with 45mph gusts aren't too fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X