No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great pix, people! Spring is here! though North Dakota looks a little cool...(and what kind of gum are you chewing in that video,Jedz123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gTgmrHBhWec I don't want a new bike -I just need a new brand of gum! seriously, I wonder how many chew gum when they ride? Smokers in full helmets mostly?)

Comment

Thats my buddy chewing gum on his FZ6. I was the guy in the full face on the Silver B-King. I hooked my GO-Pro on his bIke to get some good shots.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Forecast is 5 days of 60's and 70's, went for a 40 mile ride after work. Sure wish we had some interesting scenery.....
        I live 10 minutes from everything, 10 minutes to the middle of nowhere. But it ALWAYS rains, so don't move here

sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Bob that sure looks like a nice day to ride.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
            Bob that sure looks like a nice day to ride.

cg
            Washington apparently is the new California. Although we don't have any water either this year.....
            sigpic
            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
            1983 GS1100e
            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
            1980 GS1260
            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Windy ride and a close call.

Got out and put some decent highway miles on, I was hoping to get a good amount more but the wind was pushing me around too much, getting up into the 30mph gust range. But it was still a decent ride. Even though I had to end up on the interstate.

Stopped by the the slough and took a little break.

Ran out of pavement for a little bit.

End of the road, I was trying to cross the river but couldn't find a bridge on this road.

On my way home about 2 blocks away I stopped at the stop sign waiting for traffic to clear once it was all clear I went left, well at the same time some moron in a truck decided to pull away from the curb with no indication, I grabbed the brakes and clutch and stopped within inches of his passenger door. First time I have had that close of a call on the bike. Thankfully all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slycox View Post
                stopped within inches of his passenger door. First time I have had that close of a call on the bike. Thankfully all is well.
                When inches count! Glad you are OK.
                sigpic
                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                  When inches count! Glad you are OK.
                  Thanks. Made me realize not to just look for lights but drivers as well.

Comment

Went out for a ride at 6am this morning 46 deg F, lovely sunrise, then breakfast at 8am with some friends at their shop before they started there day, then toped it off with helping my wife with some chores and all before 10am!
                    Now Im off to get some work done at my shop ,building some more storage area's.
                    Good way too start the day!
                    This thread has inspired me to take a few pics, good fun. Its a beautiful world that we have been given! And vastly improved by 2 wheeled transport!

Comment

Put in 100 miles today after mowing the lawn running through roads I haven't been on in a couple of years just because I've been too lazy to go over there. Sure was nice and saw some nice scenery when I stopped for a water break

The Paint hesitated for a couple of minutes before finally crossing the soft area in the field while her partner sailed right through it. Reminded me of Lou's reaction to mud and water.

Water is still high everywhere

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I went for a quick morning ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                          Went out for a ride at 6am this morning 46 deg F, lovely sunrise, then breakfast at 8am with some friends at their shop before they started there day, then toped it off with helping my wife with some chores and all before 10am!
                          Now Im off to get some work done at my shop ,building some more storage area's.
                          Good way too start the day!
                          This thread has inspired me to take a few pics, good fun. Its a beautiful world that we have been given! And vastly improved by 2 wheeled transport!

Joe!!! Those are Phenomenal pics!!! great job!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Here's a video from my ride up in to the Green Mountains. Went to the NE GSR meet spot in Plymouth VT. I don't get on the computer much these days. Most of my time is out riding. 2300 miles so far this season.

Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

yesterday. Fourth or fifth ride of the year on the GK. Second day trip.

Went into Grand Rapids and got reacquainted with why I don't like riding in urban areas. Had 4 incidents of traffic hazards.

Went to open house at BMW dealer, ... but enough about that.

Headed north out of the city and into rural farm/orchard area.
                              Too early for the fruit tree blossoms, so may need a return trip in a few weeks.\

Straight roads can be fun too.

Straight roads to Newaygo.

Then more curvey roads that somewhat follow the Muskegon River.

Got to be near 70 degrees, so was digging thru sidebag for lighter gloves ... and found a lunch bag, obviously from last fall, complete with what I assume to be banana peel and apple core - kinda oozing out of the sandwich bag. That was about the worse hazard I experienced out in the rural area.

Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2015, 05:36 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Took another ride on Stoney Creek Rd today. This shot is of Pardee Lake just past the Pardee rec area.

sigpic
                                1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                                1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                                1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                                On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                                All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X