No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I got out today, ran in and around Sooke (BC) since we don't get out that way very often. It's a motorcyclist's playground! Note to self: get out that way more often. ;D

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

went for a little 420 ride in the rain yesterday. remembered where i was for the most part. it was a bit rainy but pretty warm.

[/URL]

the weather is interesting these days - snowing one minute, sunny the next. it's that time of year i guess...

[[/URL]
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
        went for a little 420 ride in the rain yesterday. remembered where i was for the most part. it was a bit rainy but pretty warm.

[/URL]

the weather is interesting these days - snowing one minute, sunny the next. it's that time of year i guess...

[[/URL]
        You Know the saying; If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. LOL Upstate NY and VT follow that rule to a T.
        Eli How far out are you from VT?

Dave great pics! What does your wife ride? I don't recognize that bike.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          You Know the saying; If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. LOL Upstate NY and VT follow that rule to a T.
          Eli How far out are you from VT?
          all the way on the other side of NY. what's that 250, 300 miles i guess.

interesting weather today also. here's the storm that had just gone through:

here's the one that was coming toward me:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
          82 gs1100L probably the next project
          1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
          1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Haven't been out riding much with being away and now my dad being here to help me paint the 1100...I worked my part time job last night and snuck out at dinner time...

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              all the way on the other side of NY. what's that 250, 300 miles i guess.

interesting weather today also. here's the storm that had just gone through:

here's the one that was coming toward me:

That's not too bad I guess. So your closer to Niagara then Syracuse? I worked out there a couple of times for Sbarro, would take the Bandit 1200 often. Made route 90 go allot quicker then the car

Only thing I like about the rain is it's making everything green!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Italy meats Japan

Had a great time doing the loop with a friend and his mate. The Ducati sounds AMAZING, my friend was on his 74' Guzzi, always a treat. By far I had the most comfortable ride though
                Last edited by azr; 04-23-2015, 01:38 AM.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Bike night...

Candy

And look what my buddy showed up on!!!
                  He went from an ST Honda to this...still has the Honda and an awesome Honda turbo

No signature

Comment

So many cool bikes your way Trevor!!! Dude! I'll be lucky to see a Haybusa in my neck of the woods. Or any cool rare bike. Like A gen 2 Vmax or the new H2... Sooo cool. But it just makes my BK ultra rare... and ultra alone.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Been watching the Youtube clips of the new H2 as they finally turn up on the street.
                      Sure look like a fun bike.
                      I bet a lot of those exhausts get swapped. It has to weigh a ton.
                      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                        Been watching the Youtube clips of the new H2 as they finally turn up on the street.
                        Sure look like a fun bike.
                        I bet a lot of those exhausts get swapped. It has to weigh a ton.
                        I was surprised at how quite it was. It definitely needs more bark!

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        So many cool bikes your way Trevor!!! Dude! I'll be lucky to see a Haybusa in my neck of the woods. Or any cool rare bike. Like A gen 2 Vmax or the new H2... Sooo cool. But it just makes my BK ultra rare... and ultra alone.
                        Yes there certainly are a lot of cool bikes on the Island Jedz....For how small the Island is...it's gotta be because we can ride all year?? I find a lot of guys here have new bikes but they also have older bikes that are interesting to them. As you can see we don't have quite the same obsession here with all things Harley...All though there still are lots of the tractors on the road here.
                        We seem to have a more UK/European influence that goes back to the 70s and 80s when we got bikes that they got but the US didn't. I have traveled many times through the US and boy there sure are a lot of Harleys and cruisers on the road. For sure not my taste.
                        I hear you about the B-King being rare...my k1300r is even rarer.
                        Last edited by trevor; 04-23-2015, 10:51 AM.
                        No signature

Comment

A ride is a ride. For those who use their bikes for more than recreational stuff here's my 55 mile morning commute pit stop. No beautiful scenery today, just the necessities, HOT coffee for the 45F morning and gas for the horse...well at 250 miles to the tank the Wee Strom may not need gas as often. Not even a GS anymore, but still a bike and a ride. This bike ranks top for all the categories I need, both commuting and fun after riding an array of 30+ diverse motorcycles I've owned and ridden in the past 8 years.

Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            I was surprised at how quite it was. It definitely needs more bark!

Yes there certainly are a lot of cool bikes on the Island Jedz....For how small the Island is...it's gotta be because we can ride all year?? I find a lot of guys here have new bikes but they also have older bikes that are interesting to them. As you can see we don't have quite the same obsession here with all things Harley...All though there still are lots of the tractors on the road here.
                            We seem to have a more UK/European influence that goes back to the 70s and 80s when we got bikes that they got but the US didn't. I have traveled mant times through the US and boy there sure are a lot of Harleys and cruisers on the road. For sure not my taste.
                            I here you about the B-King being rare...my k1300r is even rarer.
                            Yeah. You guys buy your bikes over here and I don't think I've seen a half a dozen GS's on the road in the city since I joined this forum. Weird. I think you have a larger collector community than we do.......
                            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                              A ride is a ride. For those who use their bikes for more than recreational stuff here's my 55 mile morning commute pit stop. No beautiful scenery today, just the necessities, HOT coffee for the 45F morning and gas for the horse...well at 250 miles to the tank the Wee Strom may not need gas as often. Not even a GS anymore, but still a bike and a ride. This bike ranks top for all the categories I need, both commuting and fun after riding an array of 30+ diverse motorcycles I've owned and ridden in the past 8 years.

Love it Lurch! I'm glad your enjoying you new bike! Good fuel economy is also nice perk! those 2 bangers are really good at delivring that.

Can't wait to give it a go and have my first ever strom experience!

Trevor.

The Japanese standard bikes over here are hard to find. I have a buddy with a Honda RC51 which is cool but not that rare. I've seen maybe 4 FZ1's, Few B-12's, 1 Gen 1 Haybusa, I saw a K bike in CT. It was parked right next to my BK when I bought it from the BMW dealership. I do see allot of BMW's here. Total snob riders won't wave to anyone... Except now they wave to me on the BK. They must think it's one lol. But almost 65% of bikes I see are cruisers. 2 buddies I know have metric cruisers. My dad had a Yammy Stratoliner 1900. Brother in law, good friend and 3 coworkers have Harleys. Many many cruisers which is annoying. For whenever I roll up most have no idea what Im on (it being the Bandit, FZ1 or Bking) and always instantly classify them as a little cheap crotch rockets or sport bikes. The best is when they get on their ego trip. Yeah my bike is an 1800cc It would smoke your 1000cc... Umm ok want to got to a straight or a twisty either race I know your toast. Oh wait I also go 160 miles minimum before I get off for fuel. You get off every 50 miles to polish the chrome and talk.crap. The best was the recent talk with a guy with a Honda VTX 1800. Sweas up and down nothing is faster on the road. Then told me my little 1300 couldn't touch his mighty 1800 twin... I replied Ummm so saying your VTX is faster then a Hayabusa, one of the fastest production motorcycles ever made? He paused and then said yup. Shaking my head. All he has is a set of loud a$$ cobra pipes and a fuelcomander that isn't dyno tuned. I think he won't go for he afraid of his dyno results.

Why I don't include my cruiser buddies on long rides anymore. The only group of people that make an 8 hour journey 15 hours long...

Maybe they are some that dont...

My 2 cents of my cruiser rich country.

There is hope though, many of the younger guys are drawn more to the standards and the dual purpose. Maybe there is hope to dilute this cruiser nation...
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 04-23-2015, 01:07 PM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Jedz, I know what you mean about the cruiser community.

BUT, they are not all like that. I'm going with my dad to ride his new to him 04 road king home for him today. He freely admits that my little 550 will out- corner his fat v-twin.

I'm not going to turn down a ride to try out ANY bike, even if it is a hardley. Just don't tell anyone.

I tried to get him to grab a Kaw Nomad, but the wheelbase was too long for his taste. I think he got a good deal though.

Comment

Working...
                                X