No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode to work today it was only 2 degrees in the morning but the roads were dry and it warmed up to 7 in thafternoon great day. This is a pic at Elk lake near my house. The Canadian Olympic Rowing Teams do all their training here.
    No signature

Comment

took the Extra Special out to stretch it's legs.
      nice day for it (altho down in the late 50's deg )

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Rode to work today it was only 2 degrees in the morning but the roads were dry and it warmed up to 7 in thafternoon great day. This is a pic at Elk lake near my house. The Canadian Olympic Rowing Teams do all their training here.
        great photo! / beautiful bike!

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
          took the Extra Special out to stretch it's legs.
          nice day for it (altho down in the late 50's deg )
          Hey Paul, it's good to see you out and about. I've been so busy lately I've been able to ride only to work and back. At least we don't have snow on the ground.

Take care,

Cliff

Comment

Took the 83 Kat for a run up the Angeles Crest today
            May sound wimpy for you East Coast types but low 50's are cold, fortunately the sun came out for the run back down Big Tujunga

Good to be back on a bike, the Kat was flying as not a CHP to be seen
            Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2012, 09:40 PM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Went over to Vancouver on Saturday to take my boy to his first NHL game. The Toronto Maple Leafs were in town and it was crazy! saw almost as many Leaf Jerseys as I did Canuck ones! I'm an old Leaf fan (insert joke here) and my boy is a Canuck fan so we had on opposing jerseys on. My team got beat 6-2 ouch! But my boys team won so all good. $200.00 for nose bleeds!!!
              Tickets $200
              Hotel $180
              Beer $14.00 a pop had 3
              Snacks $20
              Souvenirs $65
              That's why us Islanders don't go to a lot of games!
              Got home went for a quick ride 8 degrees.
              No signature

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by English Bulldog View Post
                Took the 83 Kat for a run up the Angeles Crest today
                May sound wimpy for you East Coast types but low 50's are cold, fortunately the sun came out for the run back down Big Tujunga

Good to be back on a bike, the Kat was flying as not a CHP to be seen

Hey! Let us know the next time you plan on stopping by Newcomb's Ranch. You just might get some GS company.

In this picture are Nessism (red jacket), SqDancerLynn1, and evanparker.

I rode out to visit my Dad today, my usual Sunday afternoon ride these days.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

I've gotta get out for a good ride again real soon, haven't done anything exciting since the GSR ride! Riding to work every day and test rides after stator replacements don't count for me
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Besides having to save a life or two by posting in the riding game,
                    I had to break-in the new tires on the new to me '81 GS1100EX.

A couple of short vid's:

Had to turn up the wick a bit and see how she likes to run:

10-85 with 3 gears only to 7,000 rpm. Not too shabby for a 31 year old bike.

Daniel

Comment

I don't need to fix no stinking bike, I just went out to the garage and got a pair of handlebars, sat in a chair and played your videos...
                      Nice, can't believe it came together so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Besides having to save a life or two by posting in the riding game,

Daniel
                        Daniel, your my hero.
                        Where were you, when I risked my life getting Trevors, grafitti tag in the hood? On vacation no dought.

Well, I went for a ride this evening, to check out an '80 Yamaha 850 triple project. http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2832856531.html Took my wife with me for her first ride. Could have been a mistake. She liked it. The ride, I'm not sure about the triple. Anybody mess with one of these before. I'm thinking about a father son project with it. Its all there but seat cover and foam. Cylinders been taken off and one carb is partially dissasembeld. but there is a rebuild kit for it. Tank and the rest of the bike are in good shape. Clear title. Advise please. Its a kid, and he said he will go down to $350 or part it out.
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The center cylinder gets hot and could use a richer jetting set up as well as a colder plug.
                          The 850's were only made for one or two years IIRC and would be the one that I would rather have than the 750 variant.

Daniel

Comment

Also notorious for the "second gear" needing fixed as the gear dogs tend to wear funny and pop out under heavy acceleration,(repairable by you if needed) but not all do this, I also have a spare 15k xs750 tripple motor that I'd let go ultra cheap if you end up buying it. They're fun bikes, kinda like the Gs counterpart as far as power and handling, here's a site I belong to with a lot of info dedicated to the tripples
                            --->http://www.yamaha-triples.org/logon.asp

edit;
                            I have a few other parts as well, the tank alone will sell by itself for approx $150 in good shape, sold mine with a buy-it-now on ebay right away for $125 plus shipping. In case you buy/decide to bail and start parting it out. I think I paid $100 for mine for a whole bike and already made close to $500 parting it.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. guys. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger on this or not. I really don't need another project, but down here its hard to find decient bikes on the cheap. I've got the space to store it, but I've also can put the money towards them, instead. I'm really looking for a '79 xs11. I thought I read good things about the 850s, while doing research on the 11.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Just like the L models, throw away the handlebar!

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X