anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    I use a suction cup too. Sometimes on the tank and sometimes on the fairing. Great video Sandy. Now I know why I never see you at rallies. You're too far ahead....LOL

Where did you get those extended arm mounts bccap??? I guess I need to be more diligent on my Ebay shopping, thumbs up on on the safety harness too . I've leavened the suction cup doesn't do well on fresh wax...

Yes Charlie, It's finally nice here...
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I bought a few different mounts for my GoPro. It is a bit of a hodgepodge of parts from the different mounts. Somebody over on Katriders posted that you can buy a Vivitar mount package from Staples for around twenty bucks.....
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Looks like a really fun road Sandy!!!

I did some footage today, I have the suction cup mount and sticky mounts on various parts of the bike. I need to buy the extension arm too... If you have the suction mount it will stick to your tank very nicely. Then you get that kind cockpit view.

I'll post a video once I get the media edited and rendered.

Ride with my buddy and his RC51
        Yeah, I've to figure something different out for a mount. I don't necessarily want a cockpit view especially with gauges visible if you know what mean. I use a tether too, lost and broken to much stuff over the years, especially when out paddling.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
        Great video Sandy! I'm with you on having a thread for Gopro tricks. The camera must be improving , as I don't see as much shaking as I use to. Thanks for posting. You need a sound track?

cg
        Just new at this and still have to figure that one out once I get the video working better.
        Last edited by Sandy; 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

After spending a week in North Dakota without a bike it was good to be back in NH and get out this morning on the vStrom. The GS650E is also a great bike for the gravel roads but the suspension is lacking and of course the street tires not as stable. The uphill ride and the view when you take a few steps beyond the big maples. ND is flat and windy but a few hilly spots northwest of Minot would have been nice on the bike.

The view....

Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I almost ran out of gas entering Minot on my Kat. I bought a way to huge can of chain lube there to fit into my already crammed full soft luggage.
            I could imagine dinosaurs roaming the rolling pasture land, but I was on my own dinosaur.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Justin, that trunk may be practical but it doesn't belong on your B-king. Besides ruining the "look" it will destabilize and slow you down at 140mph.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                Here's my first motorcycle video with the GoPro I got a while ago. It's from my first real ride on the 750EF since getting it back on the road. The route is Hwy #3a commonly referred to locally as the Kootenay Lake Ferry road. Nifty little 50 mile stretch of road from Creston, BC to the ferry across Kootenay Lake with about 350 corners and you get to ride it all over again going back to Creston. We took this road during the rally last year. Still having issues with trying to prevent the rolling shutter problems but have managed to edit out some of the other various shakes and vibration. A whole new learning experience. Maybe we should start a GoPro hints and tricks thread. I had it mounted on the left mirror stem which could be probably one of worst places for vibration but there's not many places to mount it on this thing.

I really liked that ride Sandy. It seemed that we got back to Creston a whole lot faster on the return trip than we did going to the ferry. Sounds like the 750 is running pretty good. GoPro tricks thread ya.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                  I really liked that ride Sandy. It seemed that we got back to Creston a whole lot faster on the return trip than we did going to the ferry. Sounds like the 750 is running pretty good. GoPro tricks thread ya.

V
                  Yeah it's running pretty good. Just have to sort the suspension a bit. I goofed a bit setting it up, without really having ridden it I put an extra 5/8" preload on the front and 15W fork oil vs 10 W a combination I used on the1000 with the Progressive springs. It's a little too abrupt on the front so I'll probably set it back to stock specs and the rear needs a slight bit more spring. The damping seems good and the spring adjustment is maxed out so I'll have too figure out a way to dial in a little more spring. Otherwise it's great.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great to hear Sandy, I took the G for a ride today and it quit idling. Grrrrrrrr something more to look into.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Looks like a really fun road Sandy!!!

The RC is probably one of the best sounding bikes...

...and looking one
                      GS1000G '81

Comment

Went over to Rob's after dinner so that he could help (do) the carb sync...This was on the way home. Beautiful sky this evening.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          Went over to Rob's after dinner so that he could help (do) the carb sync...This was on the way home. Beautiful sky this evening.

Fantastic shot Trev!
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post

Justin, that trunk may be practical but it doesn't belong on your B-king. Besides ruining the "look" it will destabilize and slow you down at 140mph.
                            Oh yeah just adds to the sleeper look! Hell most think it's a 600 or 750 anyway . Since the re-flash this thing is a maniac and am sure it would rip the rack off first.

I've got the 30th and the 31st (next Saturday and Sunday) off. We should plan a ride! If I bring the BK I'll be sure to take the parachute off...

I'll shoot you a PM in a second. We should plan a ride!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Render Complete:
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Gawd, that B King rips......gotta ask.....which is faster? I assume that there were no top end rushes for safety and sanitys sake, but how about otherwise?
                                Also, unless there was a bunch of wind noise, id rather hear the song of an I4 and a sporting V twin...
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X