No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After an extremely frustrating day of yard work I needed to get out last night....Hit the highway for a bit, riding toward a low hanging waxing crescent moon. I rode for a while until the chill soaked in then headed home.
    Couldnt be bothered with pictures or the riding game. A shot of cycle therapy was the intent.
    The bike is running great, and was a joy to ride.

Got home and indulged in another of lifes joys...A hot shower after a ride induced chill.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Suzi can haul!

So we had to pick up a rx at Walmart and I needed some charcoal. 7.94 for 2 15 lb. bags! They fit rather nicely on the luggage rack. So I guess Suzi not only hauls azz but also hauls stuff.
      Mike
      sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
      1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

After riding back and forth from the garage and then to the girls' recitals (Charmayne playing her flute and Cheyenne on the piano):

I chose to take the long way home on my own - 65 miles. I didn't quite plan on where I was going as the turn I took was new to me but I ended up in Germantown where the covered bridge was decked out for Memorial Day.

On the way home, I drove by the other bridge I normally ride by then took one of my fun rides in reverse. One section of the ride is already very twisty but taking it in reverse with a car going very slow in front of me made the ride a bit more cautious.

Charmayne asked to ride to the Memorial Day wreath laying ceremony and parade tomorrow she is participating in as part of her marching band. We'll probably then go for another ride afterwards someplace.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
          http://rs1109.pbsrc.com/albums/h430/...0?t=1432404067

So we had to pick up a rx at Walmart and I needed some charcoal. 7.94 for 2 15 lb. bags! They fit rather nicely on the luggage rack. So I guess Suzi not only hauls azz but also hauls stuff.
          Mike

Mike, i wanna know what the charcoal was for?
          And you know how much we like pics around here.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Gawd, that B King rips......gotta ask.....which is faster? I assume that there were no top end rushes for safety and sanitys sake, but how about otherwise?
            Also, unless there was a bunch of wind noise, id rather hear the song of an I4 and a sporting V twin...
            BK hands down. We did a couple stints I brought it through 3rd and pretty deep into 4th and he couldn't keep up. Since the reflash the BK is on a full deristricted Hayabusa tune with some minimal mods... Speedo was reading north of 155mph on a stint and the RC couldn't keep up.. Scary is she still had more and I shut it down for the bike is no way setup for high speed.

He had me on the twisties for sure , The BK is a bit top heavy with the case but once a straight away opened up I caught right back up to him with ease.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Rode the TTR125 around the place for a while today.

V
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Got a break in the weather yesterday so we took out the ZRX.

More rain and and flash flooding predicted for today as well as tornado watch. We need the rain to fill up our lakes but I sure am tired of it.

Comment

Oooo I also got out on a ZRX yesterday. I was gone about 6 hours, running around northern KY.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    Rode the TTR125 around the place for a while today.

V
                    I could have sworn i heard that bike was bought for the kid. haha.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

As the Memorial Day weekend wound down, and after the bennies vacated the shore, and things were quiet at home, i went for a ride. A nice warm south blew as I geared up promising a warm ride, so I ditched the jacket liner. I rolled out under moonlight and ended up at Point Pleasant.

Grabbed a quick pic. I like the name of the boat.

http://
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

There's been a rash of near misses on the roads in the hills above Perth, Western Australia with the local roo population. Big bucks have been herding the females closer to the roads where autumn rains have given them fresh grass to eat.
                        One of the riders in the local club came across a property owner who claimed the roos were even raiding the feed troughs of his horse stud, and helping themselves to fresh vegatables and treats meant for his stock.
                        These big roo's get very agressive in mating season (who doesn't) and aren't shy about standing up to humans and flexing they're muscles.
                        One of the club members showed us a photo of a roo, after it was seen raiding the buckeets left out for the horses, the guy says he's had to change the feeding time to midday when the roo's are generally sleeping, to avoid this happening again.

Comment

That roo has some awesome pecks
                          Last edited by posplayr; 05-26-2015, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                            There's been a rash of near misses on the roads in the hills above Perth, Western Australia with the local roo population. Big bucks have been herding the females closer to the roads where autumn rains have given them fresh grass to eat.
                            One of the riders in the local club came across a property owner who claimed the roos were even raiding the feed troughs of his horse stud, and helping themselves to fresh vegatables and treats meant for his stock.
                            These big roo's get very agressive in mating season (who doesn't) and aren't shy about standing up to humans and flexing they're muscles.
                            One of the club members showed us a photo of a roo, after it was seen raiding the buckeets left out for the horses, the guy says he's had to change the feeding time to midday when the roo's are generally sleeping, to avoid this happening again.
                            Looks like this d-bag I knew in high school. Stupid looking expression and lots of muscles.
                            1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                            1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                              Looks like this d-bag I knew in high school. Stupid looking expression and lots of muscles.
                              I think we all one of those in school.
                              unfortunately my mate Andrew had a huge appendage between his eyes, and his peers changed his name Androoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                                Oooo I also got out on a ZRX yesterday. I was gone about 6 hours, running around northern KY.

And what a fun bike they are!

On a side note. We got some really bad flooding over the weekend. Many major cities in TX are declared a disaster area! Parts of downtown Austin were under water. Luckily we live on high ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X