anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    As the Memorial Day weekend wound down, and after the bennies vacated the shore, and things were quiet at home,.....

Grabbed a quick pic. I like the name of the boat.

........./
    Have been pondering your post.
    Ah... that a reference to tourist from Boston area?
    I too time rides to certain locations with the ebb and flow of tourist in mind.

That picture out on a pier... ?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Ah... that a reference to tourist from Boston area?
      Bennies is not a reference to Boston area...

bennies
      The term BENNY originated from the letters of the train stations on the Jersey Shore line where annual toursit come down to the shore and mess up everything between Memorial day and Labor day.
      (B)ayonne
      (E)lizabeth
      (N)ewark
      (N)ew (Y)ork

Locals can spot a BENNY from miles away. They're ususaly of Italian decent, mostly from New York, they ask the dumbest things like "Which way is the beach?" and "What do you guys do during the winter?", they can't drive for sh*t, they think they're sweet, they crowd out beaches, malls, and basically our entire lives. They know only the major roads to get to the shore + home, they think it's cool to come down for the weekend, go to one of the 50 clubs on Ocean Av., trash the state and leave on Sunday. The cops all come out after Memorail day and hunt for the New York plates until Labor day, they pay WAY to much for a shack a block away from the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
        Bennies is not a reference to Boston area...

bennies
        The term BENNY originated from the letters of the train stations on the Jersey Shore line where annual toursit come down to the shore and mess up everything between Memorial day and Labor day. .....
        Ah, okay.

Somewhat like a Fudgie here (refering to tourist that just bought fudge from a shop).

My favorite thing I overheard was a a kid saying, as approaching the pier, "Wow, this town has a big lake too!"

Last edited by Redman; 05-26-2015, 12:35 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

benny
          A tourist who visits the Jersey shore from Bayonne, Elizabeth, Newark, or New York (or anywhere near these places.) These tourists pollute the beaches and are rude to the local.
          Go home bennies. Locals only.

Comment

Nothing special. Just like to buy charcoal when it`s on sale. Normally about 17 bucks

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
            Mike, i wanna know what the charcoal was for?
            And you know how much we like pics around here.
            Sorry Steve. Did this from m phone so I didn't attach the pic properly. Here you go. I think. lol

Mike

sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
            1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

I figured the benny question would come up...Thanks Mario for enlightening those outside of the area.....
              Dave, it wasnt on a pier, but just off of the inlet between Manasquan and Point Pleasant beaches.
              Fudgie is a funny one.
              Bennies also make the summer Friday evening commute from Memorial to Labor day a nightmare.
              Last edited by dorkburger; 05-26-2015, 05:13 PM.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

We have our tourists too, we call 'em FIPs.
                But they bring all the money, so over winter we get kinda hungry.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Out for a couple hours, part of it along The Niagara Parkway, finishing at Fort Erie.
                  The pics are in front of The Mather Arch.
                  In the very background the Peace Bridge is visible heading over the river to Buffalo.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Sweet CBX!
                    2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Great day for it Yesterday. Lurch was over in lake Dunmore. He stopped by in the AM and I made a hardy B-Fast and we sent out. I got my V-Strom cheery popped. Very nice bike. It's a standard bike through and through, great comfort and for a 650 more then adequate torque and pull.
                      We went on a ADV ride, I took the FZ1 and we hit 2 great dirt road gaps. Great scenery great ride. The aggressive tread came in handy on more than 1 occasion. We split ways in Bethel and i finished up with 100 miles racked.

Lurch parked at my place.

Parked at the base of Lincoln gap (it's actually the steepest paved grade in the US) The roads to the gap are all dirt.
                      At the top of Warren gap in between Warren and Duxbury VT.

Route Map (for my ride):

Then got home swapped bikes grabbed my girl and we went for a nice run on the B-King

Route 73 to Brandon VT

We went as far as she could take (Frickin' passenger seat on the BK is a joke) Nearly 70 miles. Map of the route on the BK:
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Like Jedz said, it was a great day for riding the roads of VT. I also got to take some short test blasts around the farm country with his Bking and FZ1. Plenty of zip and a reminder of why I sold my Bandit (and my FZ1 a few years ago)....too easy and quickly to hit speeds that get me arrested. Fortunately we were within striking distance of the speed limit on the back road since a VT state trooper was coincidently patrolling the area on our ride yesterday. Here's another look of the "flats" before climbing Lincoln Gap with Justin directing traffic. By the time I got back home to NH I logged over 200 miles on the vStrom for the day and 350 miles for my camping weekend ride. It does everything I ask it to do comfortably and surefooted.

Comment

I did 445 miles over the last 2 days and turned over the first 1000+ miles for me on Scruffy, the 1100G. Purred like a kitten and couldn't wait for cars to get out of the way so she could stretch a little bit. Pics coming.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

60 degF is warm enough for anything I want to do.
                            Was cold and rainy most all week and yesterday, so tourist at minimum, so took ride down Lakeshore Drive to Holland.

Comment

We have an open group of riders here in Perth called the Slackers. Those of us fortunate to be semi retired, just plain rich enough not to have to work, those that are "employment challenged", and some fly in fly out workers.
                              We get together at random and literally head for the hills above Perth to enjoy the twisty roads and a cafe lunch in one of the many restored timber town general stores. We do these mid week to avoid the tourists, traffic and the occasional police car. Most rides clock up 200 kilometres plus and we start off at one of the motorcycle theme coffee shops in North Perth,( Spadilles) and fuel up on coffee and bacon & egg sandwiches, breakfast of champions.
                              It's the first day of winter here in Australia, fortunately no snow but very crispy mornings of 0 degrees with ice on the car windows coming our way.
                              The Jarrahdale general store, famous for big burgers.

Couple of the lads tucking into a snack, hard work this riding.

fuel stop mid-way, some of us (no mentioning the Ducati's forgot to fill up before the ride)

Comment

I finally insured my new to me GS400 S. I did the Ocean Pacific Circle Route here on Vancouver Island. Now my bum is sore but it was worth it.

(BMW R100 AND BMW R100R)

Comment

Working...
                                X