Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I was # 4000....cool.

Footnote to last nights post....
    The pictured cup has been my chosen vessel to occasionally sip adult baverages from for a good many years. Wine glasses with their fragile nature and high center of gravity arent safe with me.....
    The pictured cup was low and had most of its mass concentrated at the bottom, making it very stable...
    But ......after retreating to the living room to listen to some music to unwind (garage radio was acting up), I placed it on the end table apparently more then halfway over the edge...it fell and broke.....
    Last edited by dorkburger; 08-04-2015, 11:09 PM.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      Dang, I was # 4000....cool.

Footnote to last nights post....
      The pictured cup has been my chosen vessel to occasionally sip adult baverages from for a good many years. Wine glasses with their fragile nature and high center of gravity arent safe with me.....
      The pictured cup was low and had most of its mass concentrated at the bottom, making it very stable...
      But ......after retreating to the living room to listen to some music to unwind (garage radio was acting up), I placed it on the end table apparently more then halfway over the edge...it fell and broke.....

THAT SUCKS…
      I just got a new favorite glass, took it to the cottage…my favorite place to sip a beverage, just the right size with a gold line around the rim and it fits my hand perfectly. Wonder how long it will last???

And to stay somewhat on the topic of riding, I have had our cabin for 14 yrs now and have NEVER rode my GS there WOW I need to change that!

Comment

Out with the vStrom off the beaten path...this is the nice section just before it turned to the rougher stuff.

Comment

Henry and I rode our dual purpose bikes up to a giant Canadian flag above the town of Falkland, BC. (Where Henry lives)

The flag is near this quarry where they mine gypsum.
          IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Out exploring yesterday, didn't get back until 12:15 this morning. This pic was taken from a road that started out as two lanes, paved, with lines and everything: KY1756. It went on like this for a couple miles, some of it a bit rutted by water. The view was just too pretty to not stop and take a look.

Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Eddie21 and Dogma, great pics!
              The quarry is weird cool.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Dale, only as it's proving hard to find the road can you tell us about where in Kentucky that is?
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Broke the triple out for a quick spin after flushing out it's brake systems. I wanted to gain some confidence so I drove it around the back yard...

+

After a quick warm up to make sure everything was still in good working condition I brought it under the pull barn and commenced to De-L it... First to go was the buck-horns, slapped on my last set of super-bike bars...

Took the Ole' Yammy down the road and back... Man that tripple makes such an awesome exhaust note... NO words can describe .

Then broke Connie out for a quick spin then photo shot!

Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Out for a little bit today........

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Went to the movies with my wife and son and when I got home took the 1300 out for gas.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Went to the movies with my wife and son and when I got home took the 1300 out for gas.

Gorgeous!!!Weather been good for you this year? (less then normal rain fall?)
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          Gorgeous!!!Weather been good for you this year? (less then normal rain fall?)
                          There has been very little rain. Like 3 or 4 days since May.
                          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            There has been very little rain. Like 3 or 4 days since May.
                            Good for riding but not so good for flora.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

The wildfires are enjoying it....
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                Dale, only as it's proving hard to find the road can you tell us about where in Kentucky that is?
                                It's way down here. It sorta funny to me that when I ask Google for directions from one end to the other, it tells me to go around. I had to select the road itself as an alternate route.
                                Dogma
                                --
                                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                                '80 GS850 GLT
                                '80 GS1000 GT
                                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                                X