Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rode around Moab today.

image.jpg

Very nice riding day today. 25 miles on the GS1100 running errands. Another 10 miles or so riding 1968 Honda 90 exercising dogs on kewl trails from my backyard.

On side note how do I post this pic blown up more. Not figuring it out for some reason.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Unusual for me, no pics..lol. Rode the beemer around for work this morning then came home and my son and I went to Dairy Queen for a couple of blizzards on 81 1100. Then went out for a little spin on the 750. Beautiful sunny day here again today.
      No signature

Comment

Since my days are numbered, I took advantage of the nice weather today and snapped up this pic. I had to stop and admire the vintage muscle.
        71' Camaro and a 71' Mach 1

1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
        1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Yesterday was cold and rainy and windy.

Today better, mid 50s.
          Got out for a couple hours.

Stopped at a favorite photo scene, that can see road in background, and some fall color that is remaining.

And another somewhat scenic overlook.
          Sometimes the cows are closer.

New highway nearby, will be open to traffic in a few days.
          Took opportunity for something of a Keith Krause pose.

(Last weekend me and my 4 1/2yo grandson went for bicycle ride on this new highway.)

And... today, stopped at disc golf course to throw 9.

Last edited by Redman; 10-25-2015, 06:53 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

nice fall day in Moab....
            on side note how do I blow pics up?

image.jpg
            Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42647[/ATTACH]
              You're better off uploading pics to photobucket or similar site and then insert link in post to view. Much better pics.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

... today, stopped at disc golf course to throw 9.

There is a disc course near me that I've yet to go to, but I have played nine at a friend's who set a course up on his 100 acres.

Comment

Still plenty of foliage around, but I've been starting on pavement and then hitting the dirt roads mostly of late. Some roads end nowhere or turn into really impassable stuff, but this road today at least had power lines so I knew it eventually would wind up on a paved road again.

BTW, I fabricated a new wider and taller windscreen taken off an old Suzuki fairing, drilling some new mounting holes in plastic and was testing it out. Works better at protection, but a little hazy from age. Doesn't look out of place either.

Last edited by Guest; 10-25-2015, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Have been on a bike since Friday and couldn't let the whole weekend go by without a quick spin in the hood.

No signature

Comment

Took the Connie to work the long way... 5 miles turned into 120 mile ride in

Must.... keep.... Racking... Miles...

At work. Broke 16K miles for the season last week. I think I'll be falling short of 20k this year
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

End of the Season

I know, it never really ends here on the Wet Coast; "there's no bad weather, just bad clothing".

But the insurance is up and there's a bunch of overseas travel planned. So while it wasn't today (actually over a week ago now) here's where we sat when I parked things for at least a month or two.

Vancouver in the fall is brilliant.

Jay

Comment

When to a track day Friday 10-23. It was my 3rd this season and the last. Sure has been humbling for me, sounds EZ when they tell you what to do, hard to train your body to do.
                          Kinda ugly day, cold and a steady 20mph wind all day. Several novices fell down, with only their pride hurt, but they learned something important.
                          This is another riders video, from the intermediate group, last session of the day.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Guess it's age or something, though I beginning to dislike night riding more and more.
                            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42647[/ATTACH]
                              An M-80 would work nicely....sorry had too lol.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Hey I went to college at N.M. School of Mines. White Sands used to blow up some pretty big stuff between Socorro and LAS cruces? Except they were learning to blow up peeps not pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X