No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tail is from an aircraft prop spinner my mate does in his shop. I dug it out of the reject bin and cut it in half and added a little design over the taillight. It's just bolted to the seat with turned down bolts, I was hunting everywhere for T-bolts in stainless but couldn't find any. They are a custom bolt used in shipwrighting and some people drill them out and put a brass rod though them under pressure, they make for interesting custom work. I really need to get the tank resprayed it showing some wear and tear from handle bars clanging into it.
    Picture of the first attempt, after a bit of polishing. The bright finish didn't really blend into the overall scheme.

Comment

Notice the black caps on the exhaust, the owner reckoned he sold his first born to get those new.
      one of the Vintage club members had a Suzuki Rotary there as well, sounds a bit like a two stroker on steriods. I'll see if I can post a video of the burnout session he did.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Hopefully this works, it's a video of a rotary engined Suzuki taken at the Perth Motorbike show this weekend gone.
        He's a member of the vintage bike club I'm in. The bike is in original condition with no immediate plans to restore it. He recently tripped over the USA and visited a friend with a few rotaries and water cooled 750's buffaloes. This friend had sold Jay Leno a Suzuki rotary and he arranged for the aussie to have a quick tour of Leno's musuem collecrion.
        Needless to say he was impressed, Leno's manager followed them around on a golf cart and gave them a literal running commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          After yet another frustrating weekend I took a ride... On the bicycle. Call me lazy, but I didn't feel like going thru the process of donning my gear, moving cars, etc to go on the cycle. It was actually fairly enjoyabe zipping thru town and disregarding all traffic rules. Its quite quiet on late Sunday anyway. Ducking in and out of parking lots, jumping curbs, etc brings back me back to a time long ago....I really need to ditch the knobby tires....
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]42745[/ATTACH]
          I took a pic of my GS in this spot early this year..

Hooligan!!!
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            So the leaves still drop out but it never really gets cold... Jealous... Trev you running the PR4GTs? I just ordered a rear for the Connie and will be swapping the front over in a couple of weeks.. On my 3rd tire with the Connie so far... Did pretty good with 009 got about 4K miles (or 6.5Kms). I hope the PR4GT yields a little longer tread life... But Should be the better tire with winter upon us.

K is looking good! Cool road....

Soaking it up while I can here in VT... Another long ride into work

Yep pr4 gt I'm on my 2nd pair. Had the pr4 without the gt first. Didn't give up anything handling or performance to get the stiffer sidewall and harder centre of the gt. Love these tires! Have rode lots in the rain to. Never lost grip yet. If I get 10,000 to 12,000kms out of a rear tire I'm happy. And I have with these tires. The gt is made for bikes like ours. Glenn I believe just put a set on his 2011 connie
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Yep pr4 gt I'm on my 2nd pair. Had the pr4 without the gt first. Didn't give up anything handling or performance to get the stiffer sidewall and harder centre of the gt. Love these tires! Have rode lots in the rain to. Never lost grip yet. If I get 10,000 to 12,000kms out of a rear tire I'm happy. And I have with these tires. The gt is made for bikes like ours. Glenn I believe just put a set on his 2011 connie
              Man.. I look forward to see how well these last for me. If they last well for you and I belive we have similar riding styles I'm sure I'll be pleased. Everyone on the Concours 14 group swears up and down on the PR4GT. I ran the Shinko for I was just looking to blast a rear tire before investing in good tread for the cold months. With winter right around the corner I want to ride with pilot roads. The PR3 were awesome in the cold, wet, slushy conditions.... Even ridden in the snow with them (surprise snow squall)... With winter coming right around the corner I want to be ready!

Thanks Trev!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                Man.. I look forward to see how well these last for me. If they last well for you and I belive we have similar riding styles I'm sure I'll be pleased. Everyone on the Concours 14 group swears up and down on the PR4GT. I ran the Shinko for I was just looking to blast a rear tire before investing in good tread for the cold months. With winter right around the corner I want to ride with pilot roads. The PR3 were awesome in the cold, wet, slushy conditions.... Even ridden in the snow with them (surprise snow squall)... With winter coming right around the corner I want to be ready!

Thanks Trev!
                Yep, the 4 is supposed to 20% better in the wet than the 3. And from what I hear, the 3 was pretty awesome.

Cheers
                No signature

Comment

I did. Moab rocks.

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...stwwqqhfv.jpeg

Comment

Storm coming in but still nice day to get groceries downtown on GK.
                    http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...szck40pa9.jpeg

Comment

maybe 1 hour later from previous photo

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...sj0fi8owz.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post
                        Someone,

Can someone with IPad experience helpout Mr TrlsRider post pics...?
                        He does have some good pics.
                        He can get photos loaded into photobucket album, and can see the IMG code listed there.
                        But I cant explain to him how to copy the IMG code using his IPad.

Thanks.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Went on ride today 72* very nice 1150e still sounds good Vance Hines Superbike pipe.

Comment

Little spin on the 81 tonight...

No signature

Comment

Dang, Redman, I am trying but not succeeding yet. This pic wasn't today, it was 2 days ago . Blue skies here rock!
                              Ride on.

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...scvzodtpu.jpeg

Comment

nice scenery on way to grocery store( ok, actually this is 10 minutes out of the way,on the way to the grocery store but worth the time spent.

ride on

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...swvqik8nj.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X