No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture this.....I come out of this turn and wheelie the GK up hill....then do floater 180....and ride stoppie down to bottom.

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...smu2ew3aw.jpeg
    Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Wild Cowote pic display! Dang voice command here not working. Another failed attempt argh.
      http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...sjkowmi2r.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by trlsrider View Post
        Actually sounds like great idea! So must come up with catchy rally name and on from there. Hmmm....trying to think and nothing happens...Well help me then guys.

http://s650.photobucket.com/componen...smu2ew3aw.jpeg

Oh, you do have some paved roads there. (although looks fairly recent).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is Charlie Steen's( discoverer of uranium in Moab(Mother of all Bombs) in 1950's) driveway to his house. House is a restaurant now. Was chilly out today(35 F) today so I went into town and took picture for short ride. Ya I took the knobbies off the GK and got on paved surface today.
          Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Beautiful day, bike works perfectly with the new clutch steels. Runs smoothly for the first time...ever. Sounds kike a beast. All of the oil I put in the cylinders burned away so no more smoke. Now all I need is a decent looking seat. Good day for sure.
            1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Sun came out after about 6 weeks of rain. (Okay, maybe a month). It was 9C,(48F), clear skys, so I took advantage of it. I made sure the batteries were charged up in the 1100s and the tires were aired up. My wife tried to take the EZ out the other day, but forgot to put the petcock on "prime" and wound up killing the battery. Took each out for a short blast to clear the cobwebs and run the gas through them. It's good for the soul. What smooth machines, and the power is instantanious, but anyone that has an 1100 knows this. I seem to have forgotten this somehow. Hope this weather keeps up. It's not right for the steeds to sit.
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Well Kevin you must live in a different Victoria than me..lol...I haven't gone more than a few days without riding, and not in the rain.
                I took advantage of the nice day and rode up to Mill Bay for lunch. 8 bikes including mine at the Serious coffee and saw a good number out on the highway too.
                Decided it was so nice that I took the Mill Bay ferry home.

waiting for the ferry...

No signature

Comment

Took the 700ES up to my favorite road in the hills today. First time having it out of the neighborhood. I thought I would be missing the 1100 but I was so surprised at how it handled the curves I think it is a keeper. I had more confidence going into the blind turns because I could adjust quickly while in the turn. It doesn't have the low end grunt but definitely doesn't lack for power. Just manage the gears a bit and it flys. Sweet bike!
                  sigpic
                  1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
                  1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
                  1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
                  On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
                  All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

It just seems like it Trevor. If I'm not at work, it seems as if it's rainy or grey. I guess I was too involved with repainting the kitchen and putting things together after new floors were installed in there and the bathroom to really notice the weather. Yesterday was mighty fine, though!
                    Kevin
                    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Trevor, the more pictures you put up of all the beautiful country you live in, the more I'm ready to move... You play pool?
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Had a great Toys for Tots turn out yesterday. 100_1582.jpg
                        I was sandwich in between the Bandios and the Combat Vet clubs. Oh yeah, got the usual, oh wow what year is your bike. Pretty clean ole scooter you have, etc etc. I didn't have to say much, had the ex GF with me for the toy run and she loves to talk about the bike, I mean after all she did help with the restore and the she did the pin striping on it.
                        Last edited by mrbill5491; 11-23-2015, 06:15 PM.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                          Trevor, the more pictures you put up of all the beautiful country you live in, the more I'm ready to move... You play pool?
                          You are welcome here anytime! Even have spare room.
                          Pool...yes I love playing pool. Don't play as often as I used too. Had a roommate that had a early 1900s snooker table that had been in his family 65 years 25 years ago. 10x5 1" 1/4" slate in 3 pieces. We played a lot on that table. Saw my roommate score over 100 more than once. He even played on the TSN Canadian tour for a while.
                          As for here in Victoria we have this place...http://www.peacockbilliards.com/about.htm

Cliff Thorburn http://cliffthorburn.ca/ was from Victoria and still lives here....our most famous snooker player and a world champion...he could be seen playing at The Peacock quite often.

Check this out....

History:
                          In 1981 David Peacock opened Peacock Billiards, raising the expectations for pool halls everywhere and creating the modern, upscale billiard room. In 2007 our new location opened, was crowned the Best Pool Hall in North America Billiards Digest, and added the James Joyce Bistro, raising standards once again, this time for the food, atmosphere, and artwork that one can enjoy in a billiard room. We offer familiar, yet gourmet dishes on our menu, and always have something special on for lunch or dinner entrees.
                          No signature

Comment

Some more pictures from the Island...

I've really got to get those barkbusters with the covers on them installed. A wee bit nippy and then the road turned to ice...far enough. A short lived ride but the view was great.
                            Rob
                            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

We had a day out at the Whitman Park Motor Musuem today for the Vintage Motorcycle Club of WA, and had twenty eight bikes rock up for the club event. Beautiful 28 degrees and the park was pretty full, the musuem had a full crowd of Japanese tourists going though as well. I hung my Santa sack out but only got a few gum nuts in it.

The master BBQ'er showing the apprenctice how it's done. The old fella owns a BSA repair shop up in the hills, and the younger one has a few Suzuki 500cc TT's.

An old BSA that's clocked up over 2000 miles this year alone.

Lovely little Honda twin, the motor had a little cam noise but apparently that was normal.

Comment

In a few weeks 45 degrees will seem like a heat wave. I don't own snowmobiles these days and don't ski much anymore, so no snow is looking better for me to extend the riding season...and less shoveling the driveway is a good thing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X