No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get the GS out for a ride today. It was about 50 degrees and overcast. It's not to often that I can go on a Christmas day ride. I rode about 100 miles, I was all geared up in my heated riding gear.
    Attached Files
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

No, not too often you get to ride on Christmas day in NH, but today was one. Out for an hour ride after our meal with my son and daughter here at a stop. She then rode the way home on back of the more comfortable vStrom with me.

Comment

We're lucky in that we can ride every Christmas Day, hence I have made a tradition out of it since moving here.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

No riding here the last couple days, got any where from 6-10 inches of snow in places, streets and roads were wet, ice slush and black ice. And oh yeah, idiots around here who have no clue how to drive in these conditions. Over 56 accidents just yesterday.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
            ...my son and daughter here at a stop...

At least your daughter believes in ankle protection.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
              We're lucky in that we can ride every Christmas Day, hence I have made a tradition out of it since moving here.

Do my eyes deceive me or are those Christmas ornaments hanging from the trees above that road? Love that TL.

Comment

Originally posted by mapball View Post
                Do my eyes deceive me or are those Christmas ornaments hanging from the trees above that road? Love that TL.
                Your eyes are telling you the truth! The residents decorate the trees along the road by their houses every year... so I try to take a picture there every year.

Had my 83 project out today for a short flight, it is really a nice bike to ride despite the hockey puck tires!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Took my blue 83 1100e out for a spin today too...

No signature

Comment

We need a separate blue '83 GS1100E ride thread!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Awww... you guys are cute :-)
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Do you guys ring/text each other before a ride? What jacket are you wearing? What jeans are you wearing? Which boots are you wearing?
                        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hey guys, after a whole bunch of life getting in the way, I decided to drop back into GSR, and I went for a ride too! Though this picture was taken from this past Sunday's ride.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                            Awww... you guys are cute :-)
                            Lol...funny guy. Just wait as you and I might be riding the same bike soon too.
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                              Do you guys ring/text each other before a ride? What jacket are you wearing? What jeans are you wearing? Which boots are you wearing?
                              The irony is that even though Trevor and I live barely a mile away from each other, we hardly ever actually ride together. Maybe twice in calendar 2015? Blame it on our differing work schedules, or poor communication, or whatever... we really should try a bit harder!
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Anywho, took the Tiller out to run some quick errands today... very quick!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X