No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80+ in Dallas today I had to get out...this thing is an absolute blast!

Comment

I guess it's not the same today that it was when the thread originated, which was well before yesterday. None the less, I did go out for a short ride today, It was just so nice I couldn't resist. It was also the first ride with the Maier fairing installed - nice. Sorry, no pics. Just think Tim Tom's bike with a chain.
      "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

YES !

It was a beautiful day, and I got home early - about 5:00.

I found a group (3) Suzuki riders on their GSXR's and tagged along with them, cruising stoplight to stoplight.

One of the lights turned red right when we got there, lifted up the faceshield, and one of them asked what year my bike was, and I told him it is an '83 - I told him their bikes are little bikes compared to mine -

So just playing, I revved it up to 4k, gave it some throttle, dumped the clutch, spun the tire a little, and I said "Prove it kid!" just like Harrison Ford on American Graffitti, and two of them laughed and one of them yelled "Old School!" -

We rode for about 15 minutes, somebody yelled "see ya old school" and I headed home, a has-been motorcycle rider, on my has-been suberbike, and it was great.

Life is good. I love my GS.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
          80+ in Dallas today I had to get out...this thing is an absolute blast!

love the 1100F prefer the Can version with the round headlight

Comment

found a neat little place in Mono Mills but forgot the name already,good food really cool atmosphere with some dinner tables in the wine cellar. we will go back as the roads a blast too.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              It was also the first ride with the Maier fairing installed - nice. Sorry, no pics. Just think Tim Tom's bike with a chain.
              And also a groovy blue stripes paint job

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                And also a groovy blue stripes paint job
                Ahhh but how to replicate those stripes on the fairing.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

A little brush and a steady hand? I know that one of Steve's bikes has the same black and gold scheme and a Maier and someone painted the gold stripes on the fairing. I wanna say its the 1000G but I could be wrong. I remember seeing some pictures of it.

Comment

Sigh, alas, painting is not my forte. Maybe there's some kind of pinstripe tape I can use... the stuff on the tank and tail is some kind of stick on too so it would match. Back to the thread: I -WISH- I could ride today, but I've got new tires on order and the wheels are off the bike.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Finally, after working eight straight days, I got a day off! Hadn't ridden either of the two bikes in a week, weather so beautiful, so I decided I'd take the 1100 out for spin. Now where to go? A friend calls me and says, "Lets get out and ride, I said OK, where we goin? Steve, it's bikeweek in Daytona, lets take the back roads there. OK, meet ya at the Racetrack gas station in an hour.
                      Here's me standing next to the 1100 at Hooter's where we had lunch, the back drop is Daytona International Speedway.

Here's my friend Jim on what he calls his "Little Sporty" I rode it once, that was enough for me, can't get used to forward controls, the handling, the noise, the vibration. He was so hoping I'd get a Harley, couldn't believe I got an old Suzuki, and then another.

Now, where the hell did I park my bike? This was only one of the many parking lots filled with bikes, I think I saw over 10,000 motorcyles today at least. I saw Pavillions represented by Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, but no Suzuki. I wanted to see if Ashley from Boulevard Suzuki was there.

Every type bike you could imagine was there, but I didn't see any GS's, or many vintage bikes for that matter, some Honda CB750's cafe'd, a Honda CB900, a Honda CB160, and a Yamaha RD400. But I saw alot of ultra custom jobs, here's one example.

And a extreme crotch rocket, this one was for sale for $3,500.00

I think this might be a little too much bike for me, but there were probably a 100 or so that I saw that were similar to this.

And here it is! The most unique motorcycle there, out of the thousands of bikes I saw, there were no GS's, so I guess that makes this one a little special.
                      I got alot of double takes from folks while I was riding it around.

All and all it was a pretty good day, I got to ride my GS1100, hard and fast (I don't think I took it past 120 today, maybe would've gone a little faster but I was closing too fast on traffic ahead of me, so I stopped there and throttled back, that 140mph speedo is nice, beats that 85mph one all to hell)

It was nice to return home and see my fine feathered friend waiting for me in the tree across the street where I live.
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Um, Steve, forget to call someone?
                        GSRick
                        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                          Um, Steve, forget to call someone?
                          You mean you could've gone? I thought you only rode on Sunday's. My bad. You would've loved the girls at Hooters, I did .
                          sigpic
                          Steve
                          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                            You would've loved the girls at Hooters
                            WHERE ARE THOSE PICS ??

Love the Bike Steve. Its the only one that would have made me double take.
                            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I'm planning on heading out tomorrow. I fired it up this evening just to verify everything checked out. I also packed the saddlebags in my "going to a rally manner", "just in case". 30% chance of rain, but I have my Frogg Toggs.
                              I have to get all that evil Stabil out of the tank. I have about half a tank of fuel, which should take me to some interesting places. The camera will be with me, but I may not meet up with anyone.

Comment

Rode a few bikes around front of the shop to park in the sun today. Mine looks kinda small.

Comment

Working...
                                X