Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did.
    On several occasions in last two weeks.
    I will try to limit it to 2 pictures per day.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Pier at Ocean Beach

Point Loma, overlooking national cemetery, overlooking San Diego

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Comment

Palomar Mountain, South Grade can see some of it

Palomar Mountain, East Grade.
          Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Probably Honey Springs Road
            (or maybe Lyons Valley Road, or maybe Japatul Rd, or Japutul Valley Rd)

CA79 Campo Road, between Dulzura and Barrett Junction.

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2016, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Sunrize Highway at over 5000 ft elevation.
              I passed two snowplows pushing back the snow on side of the road. First time I ever done that on mocykle.
              Was about 60 degrees up there (mid 80s in San Diego).

Not able to get pictures of the best places, sharp curves going around side of mountain, rocks on one side and nothing on other side other than view of the valley and next mountain.
              (I know, are bigger mountains other places.)

Also did not get any pictures of 5 and 6 lane highways with 3 levels of overpasses to get back into town (but, who wants to see that anyway)

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

And one ride with wife back to Point Loma.

And this morning, ..... <<heavy sigh>> .... return to this:

Comment

Nice vacation.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Awesome pics Red!! Thanks for taking the time to post.
                    I didn't get out today but the rain finally stopped and the sun came out..hit 15 (60 degrees)...man I'm tired of the rain!
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Awesome pics Red!! Thanks for taking the time to post.
                      I didn't get out today but the rain finally stopped and the sun came out..hit 15 (60 degrees)...man I'm tired of the rain!
                      Although the constant rain is a bit dreary this winter, it could be worse... much worse.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                        Although the constant rain is a bit dreary this winter, it could be worse... much worse.

Lol....you are right Dave! I just saw the warnings this morning. Great to be out of Ontario at the moment.
                        No signature

Comment

Minus 29 ? Is parliament not in session ?
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            Nice vacation.
                            Originally posted by trevor View Post
                            Awesome pics Red!! Thanks for taking the time to post......
                            Yes, was very nice.
                            My major activity on riding days (did do some other things on other days) was riding on roads that looked interesting on the map, and roads recommended here and elsewhere... riding and looking for places for good picture of road and scenery and bike.

Been home for day and a half.

Did get to go for ride today.

Comment

Great pictures Redman!! Isn't southern California wonderful in the "winter"?! I have yet to ride into San Diego or Palomar mountain, but it looks like I need to change that...

I did do a nice 200 mile loop today just to get a burrito for lunch. No pictures, was having too much fun to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                                ..............I have yet to ride into San Diego or Palomar mountain, but it looks like I need to change that...

I suggest you ride TOWARD San Diego, but divert off at 79 in Temecula, (and maybe Pala Temecula Rd to 76 for more direct route) to Palomar.

If you get as far south as Esconditio, then Need to get a few miles from I-15 before urban/suburban multilane gives way to 2 lane roads.
                                If you get closer to Sand Diego, then need to get 15-20 from I-15.

Riding IN San Diego will be as much fun as riding in LA.

Look for map on web site for BMW Owners Club of San Diego.

Last edited by Redman; 02-14-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X