No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to go up to Cobble Hill today to meet with some clients...it was 16 (62) and sunny today...just beautiful! So rode the beemer (nothing like getting paid to ride you bike plus milage ) up there and was finished by noon so I rode over to Cowichan Bay for lunch. Hilary's is a favorite spot of mine, delicious cheeses...

A lovely lunch....you can see the guy by his Triumph Daytona...he sat at the table beside me...from Naniamo and had to get out for a ride...really nice guy...he's a paramedic that works in the Alberta oil patch..2 weeks on two weeks off.

Got home around 3....and took the 83 out for a little spin too....great day to be alive!!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Got home around 3....and took the 83 out for a little spin too....great day to be alive!!

Must have been a great ride if you needed a smoke afterwards! Next time though, don't leave your empty pack on the ground.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
        Must have been a great ride if you needed a smoke afterwards! Next time though, don't leave your empty pack on the ground.

Lol....that's funny...I didn't even see that or I would have thrown it in the trash...
        No signature

Comment

trev, MAN!! you're killin me!
          sittin in a motel room in Kelowna
          bein the good husband,,,, ya shoppin trip.
          at least I get to see our granddaughter this weekend
          in Coquitlam.
          but yes great to be alive!
          Fred

Comment

Cleaned up and ready to ride.

View from my favorite road.

Stood in the middle of a blind curve to get this shot.
            sigpic
            1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
            1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
            1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
            On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
            All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

Ugly! Damd Ugly I say
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Ugly! Damd Ugly I say
                Slow too!!
                sigpic

Comment

Rob and I got out finally for a really good ride on our DR's today.
                  Nothing says Canada like breakfast a Timmies before hitting the road.

Lol....stupid gates!!

Rob goofing around...

Last edited by trevor; 02-28-2016, 01:15 AM.
                  No signature

Comment

More....we got as high as 2400 feet...some snow up there but not much...

We stopped in Lake Cowichan for some grub and a beer around 4pm on the way home...

Thanks Rob!!

What a day! Hitting rain coming down the Malahat in the dark wasn't my idea of fun..especially with a tinted shield....Duh!

Buying this dual sport was when of the best motorcycle purchases I have ever made!! Broke my cherry today as I went down....lol...Total day was 275kms with about 130kms of that in the dirt...
                    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      More....we got as high as 2400 feet...some snow up there but not much...

We stopped in Lake Cowichan for some grub and a beer around 4pm on the way home...

Thanks Rob!!

What a day! Hitting rain coming down the Malahat in the dark wasn't my idea of fun..especially with a tinted shield....Duh!

Buying this dual sport was when of the best motorcycle purchases I have ever made!! Broke my cherry today as I went down....lol...Total day was 275kms with about 130kms of that in the dirt...
                      Beautiful!! I need to plan more food into my rides!
                      sigpic

Comment

Maiden ride on my re-worked ex race bike. Many,many changes. Hadnt riden it since I got it back from the dyno guy. It is Feb 28th and it was 62 degrees in Minneapolis today! Earliest ride ever. Bike carburated perfect. Pulled good from idle to red line,drive-ability perfect. Chassis tight, susp. a little stiff. Salty monk brakes work great. Overall good impression.
                        Attached Files
                        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

That's looking nice.
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Fresh;y mot'd ride, so I could not resist, no matter the rain, that kept pouring almost all day long...

GS1000G '81

Comment

Trevor, beautiful scenery, very nice pics.
                              GS1000G '81

Comment

This was our highest point of the day, 780 metres (2600 ft).

It's beautiful back there

and as always we learned a few things....

Fantastic day, and the bikes were flawless.

Rob
                                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                                X