Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    WHERE ARE THOSE PICS ??

Love the Bike Steve. Its the only one that would have made me double take.
    I'm waiting for my friend to E-mail the pic to me. I didn't want to use my girlfriends camera for that .
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
      Rode a few bikes around front of the shop to park in the sun today. Mine looks kinda AWESOME.

Fixed it for ya!!

Yesterday girlfriend and I did some clothes shopping. She insisted we take the bike. Who am I to deny that?! Even it it was only highway roads to get there the ride still was awesome. It was her first time out this season and I think she had more fun than I did, if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        Um, Steve, forget to call someone?
        So Rick, How about you and I go for a ride today! Where? Daytona! BikeWeek! Babes! Hooters! Cabbage Patch! Zillion's of old men with handlebar mustache's and beer guts putting around on Harleys all over the place. The weather is awesome, bikes are everywhere, it can't get any better than this, can it? Hurry, the eagle is awaiting my departure.

You'll see alot of this!

And alot of that!
        sigpic
        Steve

Comment

Oh, come on, we want to see the assless chaps and the hot tatooed women.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            WHERE ARE THOSE PICS ??

Love the Bike Steve. Its the only one that would have made me double take.
            Never been to a "Hooters" before. At my friends suggestion, I kinda scoffed and suggested other places, but as it turned out, it was one of the high points of my day at Daytona's Bike Week. This was our waitress who entertained us the whole time we were there. This is a true life Tinkerbell without wings. You can see it in her face. Too bad I'm old enough to be her grandfather, longing for younger days!

sigpic
            Steve

Comment

^^^^

she has wings, they just are not on her back.....LOL

Comment

Bison World

I ride past this shop called Bison World in Noblesville, IN every now and then. I finally stopped to see what they carried. A nice variety of bison, elk, pork, and beef. Also some taxidermy. I had enough bison burgers, hot dogs, chili, and "award-winning" stew while out west to know that it's not special enough to pay a premium for. I never did find a bison steak so I could just taste the meat.

This is my abused and neglected 650 out front.

And this is the rider, himself, at Potter's Bridge Park, also in Noblesville.

Comment

Took the bike out to run all that damm Stabil out of it. She just did not run right, hesitating, down on power, wanting to stall at traffic lights.
                  Rode out SR67 in Indy (a.k.a. Pendleton Pike). Went into Fortville, where they have a pink elephant outside a liquor store:

Kept on SR67, passed by the Pendleton State Prison. From the Police Station across the street:

Finally hit I-69 and headed back toward Indy. Needed a tag for the riding game, which was a sporting goods store:

Got all the Stabil out, filled up with Shell Premium, put about 20 more miles on her, finally running right. Thank goodness, I thought it was my tune.

Comment

Yep, I sure did, when up to get the riding tag. Here are some picts of St. Johns River, I considered for the next tag.

GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Went for a ride with my buddy Eddie Lawson (Glenn) today. Planned on a longer ride but it was looking like rain so we stayed close to home. This pic was taken in our beautiful harbour where we went to a great seafood place called Red Fish-Blue Fish for lunch. I love my bike but I must say I sure like Glenn's too!
                      No signature

Comment

Another one with our Parliment buildings in the background.
                        No signature

Comment

Discovering Pendleton Indiana

bwringer and I were wrenching on my GS. When we were done, we decided a ride was in order. With Brian in the lead, we searched for somewhat twisty roads around where I live (McCordsville, IN). We followed some small country roads, found a couple of twisties on a really bumpy road, then started to follow Fall Creek (main feed for Geist Reservoir). We wandered about for a while, then entered the town of Pendleton and passed a park called Fall Park. We made a u-turn and went into the park area, where we found the peace and tranquility of small town America. Very nice, quiet, safe. We also saw a really neat little water dam, just crying for us to post on GSR:

Brian and his awesome 850

Me and my GPz

We had a very relaxing time, got to see some countryside we had never seen before, just a nice end to a nice weekend.

Comment

I went for a 300 mile ride on Saturday after wrenching on the 1100G Thursday and Friday. No pictures though, batteries were dead in my camera.
                            So, here are some picts from today's ride, and a comparison from the same road and vantage point about this time of month last year.

This is a favorite road of mine, hilly and winding. Below, you can see what it looked like last year.

Here's another one of today's ride picts,

Inside the little building is Pine River's first fire engine. It's a horse drawn hand pumper.

Comment

Somehow we are gonna pay, flood, fire, pestilence, Canada, or snow. Maybe not.

Comment

RR, mountains of Guatemala.

I have been meaning to post rides that I take every weekend with my significant other. We go out every weekend somewhere, somehow. My wife rides her trusty Yamaha YS250 and I the GS650GLD or the XS650. We cover an average 400 kms every Saturday or Sunday or a combo of days. We are lucky to live in a country, or part of the world where we can ride year around. Mexico, El Salvador, all the way to Costa Rica. As a routine, it's the wife and I alone, but in February I rode to Costa Rica with a group of BMW riders. 4 1200GSs, 2 F800s, 1 R1100GS, two Weestroms, a Transalp a Yamaha XT660 and I. What a trip. These pics are from last weekend though. We take our bikes on all kinds of terrains...enjoy

I will try to post more here, to entice you all to come down to this wonderful part of the world.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b23976fd4e

Comment

Working...
                                X