X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some off roading, off land too

Got out on Lake Michigan the last 2 Saturdays

One mile out
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Nice pic, Bill.
      It also made me go read a couple articles about Greenland paddles.
      Are you a big fan like most users?
      My limited time in a kayak has always been with the spoon style.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Every Saturday night, we have a cruise-in at different locations. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of bikes go...yet. A buddy was supposed to show up on his 86 V-Max, but brought his Vette instead, so I was the only one on a bike. Some nice cars, though!

On a side note, I think I finally got my charging issue taken care of, so I'll be going out on it lots more.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Took my GS​x out for a rip this morning.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
          2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Cool. er... pun intended.
            gs1100gk 1985 (x 2)
            gs850g 1980
            Previously owned
            gs1100gk 1984(just sold).
            gs850g x 2 '79, '80, gs1100gk x 2 '84, '85, gs1000 '78, gs1100g '82, gr650 '82, Buell x 2 '99 & '09, Harley xlch '65, Yam vmax '95, FJ1100 '82, Honda 500/4 '74, Kwaka z250 '80...

Comment

Is that a compass tied on the boat. I've never Kayaked out that far on a lake. My lakes aren't that big. Looks like fun.
              cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yes that's a compass, because there's nothing to point the boat at for 180º. This boat makes 4 miles per hour, so paddling straight out for 15 min=1 mile.
                In the summer when the water is above 60º I feel safe enough to paddle straight out for 1 hour = 4 miles. But what's the point, the lake looks exactly the same out there.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                  Nice pic, Bill.
                  It also made me go read a couple articles about Greenland paddles.
                  Are you a big fan like most users?
                  My limited time in a kayak has always been with the spoon style.
                  Me, I was trying to get back to the original designs by the people who invented kayaks, the Inuit people.
                  Simple, works. The Inuit people tried all those same white man designs a long time ago, and figured out the best design for their uses.

Comment

Such a nice day that I took the day off and Rob and I went Dual sportin!! Lol....

We were supposed to take this road but it was full of huge bolders...not for us.

We were surprised to see some snow up there today...

Oops...boo boo...lol

Great spot to have lunch and for Rob to make fun of me bringing Tea to drink....

Come on Rob.it's not that deep...

No signature

Comment

Can't ride here in Winterpeg again. After some very nice weather for my Birthday ride of a couple of hours on Monday and Tuesday, we are back to snow with 3 inches of the white stuff and a ton of salt and sand again. ERRR !!!!!
                      1981 GS 1000GLX.
                      1981 GS 1000G.
                      1981 GS 650GLX.
                      1975 TS 185.
                      1972 100. Kawasaki.
                      1968 100. Suzuki.
                      1970 Z 50. Honda.
                      1984 CT 70. Honda. (Kids)
                      1982 DS 50. Suzuki. (Kids)

Comment

Originally posted by habsdoc View Post
                        Can't ride here in Winterpeg again. After some very nice weather for my Birthday ride of a couple of hours on Monday and Tuesday, we are back to snow with 3 inches of the white stuff and a ton of salt and sand again. ERRR !!!!!
                        I'm just south of you in GF, I was pretty happy that we had rain the other day to clear the sh!t from the roads and now this...

Comment

Rode what's known as "The Loop" today... for those who don't know, it starts and ends in Victoria (BC) and passes through Sooke, Jordan River, Port Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, Duncan and Mill Bay along the way... took about four hours, including lunch and photo stops.

This coast to coast journey on Vancouver Island offers panoramic views of the Juan de Fuca, Haro and Georgia straits as well as the Saanich Peninsula.

Great way to spend a day off of work!
                          2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                            Rode what's known as "The Loop" today... for those who don't know, it starts and ends in Victoria (BC) and passes through Sooke, Jordan River, Port Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, Duncan and Mill Bay along the way... took about four hours, including lunch and photo stops.

This coast to coast journey on Vancouver Island offers panoramic views of the Juan de Fuca, Haro and Georgia straits as well as the Saanich Peninsula.

Great way to spend a day off of work!
                            what condition was the renfrew to cowichan road? Gravel? Pot holes?
                            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                              what condition was the renfrew to cowichan road? Gravel? Pot holes?
                              Clean but tons of fresh new potholes, some really large and deep. Lots of areas of broken pavement spanning a good half of the width of the road in places, you really need to be paying attention to avoid them.
                              2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                                Clean but tons of fresh new potholes, some really large and deep. Lots of areas of broken pavement spanning a good half of the width of the road in places, you really need to be paying attention to avoid them.
                                Yikes! Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll wait a bit before riding it this year.
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X