No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note the exspensive exhaust system on the GS850 sidecar unit seen today at Fremantle Western Australia.
    it's actually a car exhaust chopped and welded to the Suzuki's four into one.
    and a quick pic of the GS750.

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
      Note the exspensive exhaust system on the GS850 sidecar unit .
      And the stuff on the front wheel/forks.
      Maybe to make it leading axle.. a lot leading. Maybe to gain some steering advantage against the weight of the side rig. I am imagining what the forces might be on the forks when hit a bump, especially when braking.

Nice 750.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The first ride for my revamped GS850G, .
        ..................., another as a GS1100K done professionally. ....

Your 850G, I gather.
        Nice. ANd looks like have done some case polishing.
        Good that you have it back in operation.

On the GK side rig, can tell that was a GK (as opposed to a G) by the gusset and bolt holes in the frame downtube. Which is where they have fabricated the sidecar mount. And, they have also fabricated some addtions to the front fork wheel, somewhat similar to the other one you posted.

Thanks for posting.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I've asked a few side car enthausists here in WA if they have to get engineering approval for the front fork modifications. Apparently not, so you get to see some interesting set ups.
          The GS850 side car frame looked like it was welded up with boiler tube, and old welding rods.
          interesting day seeing all the old and new bikes.

Comment

I have a full bench of buffing and polishing motors set up, it's a reasonably quick process once you get the knack. Getting the black out of the screw holes is a pain, but I use a Dremel and plently of half inch buffing heads. Usually three holes per buff head, so everytime I go to Bali I stock up on thirty or so cards with two each in each card for $2 each. Here they cost about $12 each.
            I gave the bike a quick wipe over last night, and used MCQuires Mirror polish on the paint work, a bit of chrome paste on the alloy and she was good to go. It had gotten a bit grimey after sitting in the shed for two years.

Comment

I gave the bike a quick wipe over last night, ....
              Does look real nice., after its two year hibernation, with all its polishing and shining..

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Ah, should have had bike in the road.

So I went for a ride this morning, 45 degF and a bit misty.
                And went back there. Was there a bit longer this time. Did see a city truck off in the distance.
                As I was riding away, I saw a city cop headed that way. Hum...

Anyway.

and then after a little fun with Paint.Net

Last edited by Redman; 05-01-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Went for a quick ride with Mark(1) today... here's a pic from the Tim Horton's parking lot.

Yup, real scenic...
                  2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                  2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I really wanted to go to Tim Hortons when I was there....Then I found out Burger King bought them and moved the HQ to Canada to avoid taxes. Now I won't go to either one. :P
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                      Went for a quick ride with Mark(1) today... here's a pic from the Tim Horton's parking lot.

Yup, real scenic...
                      2 great looking bikes guys.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

I'm sitting here looking at my Hayabusa, thank god there's nothing to polish on that bike. But saying that I remember I have a local show at the Freo town hall next month. And I'm riding the BSA to it, which means some autumn nights in the shed polishing and cleaning the crappy English alloy excuses they call side covers. Some look like they were cast on Brighton Beach on a Sunday.

Comment

Don't curse me with a classic bike!
                          If Sisyphus rode a bike, he'd have to polish it everyday, all day long.
                          Only to have it tarnish over again, every night.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 05-02-2016, 08:11 AM.
                          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

About 270 miles from Kokomo IN back to Miamisburg OH via Nashville IN. It was so hard not to turn south on IN-135 and run down to the Story Inn but I forced myself to wait another month for that portion.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Got the Red Skunk out for a bit of a shake down run around Sooke. Had some issues to resolve when I got home but overall it runs like stink nowIt's surprisingly hard to get a good seaside shot in the town by the ocean
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-02-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

first proper ride of 2016 today. was going to spend the day cleaning it but the weather was so nice i decided on a more fun option, take it out and thrash it........
                                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
                                X