anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Just out to the Fox River. Rode up the west side and back down the east side.
    So, you did not ride to the Netherlands from Chicago.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      So, you did not ride to the Netherlands from Chicago.
      Red, red, red....I don't live in Chicago....

I live in the 'burbs....about 20 miles out...But still, it's a little more than a day ride to the Netherlands
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Just out to the Fox River. Rode up the west side and back down the east side.
        That windmill in the picture has an interesting history....http://www.kaneforest.com/historicsi...nwindmill.aspx
        Thank you for this Bob, I'll just have to think of making a trip out there to see this.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Red, red, red....I don't live in Chicago....

I live in the 'burbs....about 20 miles out...But still, it's a little more than a day ride to the Netherlands
          Ah, Chicago to Netherlands is 4700 miles.
          Carol Stream to the Netherlands is 4720 miles.
          Okay, now I see why you did not ride your bike to the Netherlands, it is 4720 miles.

Your picture by the windmill, sure did look like you rode quite a distance.
          har har har
          Hey, Bob, maybe see you in 4 weeks.
          Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yeah I did!

AND I BOUGHT A GS!!!!

Hell Of a deal on this one! Pretty Minty but totally stock 81 GS650L.

21K miles... Runs phenomenal... New tires, Rebuilt brakes, Forks, Cables, lines, fluids, plugs, coils, R&R, stator, battery... Chrome is in GREAT SHAPE... I can't believe this thing... I got a hell of a deal on it! Put about 30 miles on it... I can't get over how perfect this thing is. I broke in the tires for the PO... He's the second owner and dropped huge coin on it for his wife, who didn't want it.

Last edited by Jedz123; 05-12-2016, 11:07 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Welcome back to the GS insanity. I think of all the "L"s that is my favorite.
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I'm an L freak anyway... Tkent will want me crucified... It's ok. It looks just like my 750L did... Except this time with the decade under my belt I'm not going to molest this one.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hey Redman. Love the Zook. One thing us SA guys can teach you is about Jerkey (we call it biltong). Oooo and barbeque (braai)......now im hungry

Comment

Rode from Sacramento to Fairfield. Travels well for a 550.
                    20160514_154258.jpg

Comment

Did a 160 mile loop to Mt. Baker Ski area, weather was perfect, mid 60's. The road is a bit beat up, and dirty, with a lot of fresh tar snakes.
                      The snakes seem better the faster you go. I stopped for 20 seconds to snap photo, otherwise was in the saddle. That's Mt. Shuksan, Baker is hidden unless ur on top of the ski area.
                      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Got a chance between showers to get a quick run down to Fremantle port on the GS850 and met up with some fellow riders. The bike still revs too high and needs the carbies done again, after a dodgy mechanic broke the mixture jet off in the body.
                        I forgot how well these handle though the twisties, and had a bit of fun on the way home.

Comment

Gorgeous bike Sink!
                          I need to figure out how to get my clutch cover to mirror like yours!!!! Looks amazing!
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 05-15-2016, 09:42 AM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Quite a few bikes down at the local greasy spoon that day, we all ended up a tthe local pub for few refreshing bevies.

Comment

I like your 850 sinker, 'cept kinda too polishy…meh
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Nice little spin around the block!!! Nice to let off some steam after such a long day...
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X