anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
    Beautiful bike Charlie. I really like the way you have it set up as a touring bike.
    Thank you! I like it a lot.

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
    Nice photos Charlie!
    That is a fine looking lake, didn't realize it's within 300 miles RT of your neck of the woods.
    I bet the back felt great afterwards.
    Is the 650 gathering dust in the garage?
    If I'm riding, my back smiling. The little G sees less time on the road than it use to, but not too dudty. It's still a kick in the pants!
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
      In the event someone wants to Rally down here, I'll have new routes and sights.
      Set it up Charlie, and they will come.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Fremantle town holds host to the Arthur Grady day each year, to celebrate the acheivements of an Australian who was the first circumnavigate Australia on a motorbike. In the days where roads didn't even exist, he was forced to follow old bullock tracks on private property. Some land owners would five him vague instructions, "Follow the fence till it ends and turn right at the creek."
        The Fremantle festival invites classic and vintage bikes, restored buses, trucks, cars and even poushbikes of the era between the world wars. The vintage bike I'm in has over fifty bikes a year attend, and many of those bikes are the older girder forks.
        Unfortunately my GS850 had a flat battery this morning and I was forced to take the Hayabusa.
        The photo of the morning is me parked next a statue of some pilot dude, looking very serious.

Comment

Got out with the KA boys again yesterday morning, perfect weather even if a little windy and chilly...

Was great to see John's 1100G outfit back on the road at last too, looking and sounding great!

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Did get out yesterday for a ride.
            Was great.
            Had not had more than a half hour ride in about 3 weeks.

No big adventure, nothing exciting.
            Just was good to get out for 6 1/2 hours.

Did push it some thru some places, but mostly took it easy.

Last several weeks have been busy with wife recovering from surgery, and has been hectic at work, and other demands on me. And other troubles.
            Last couple weeks have been great weather, mild or warm, but not humid.
            Was annoyed that had too many demands on me that could not get out, and now the weather is starting to get hotter and more humid (well, for here anyway). It felt like the best part of the riding early summer season was about to pass.

So was good to get out, with no real agenda...

Was good to get out... before having a house full of in-laws for the rest of the 3 day weekend.

Well, I did have an agenda:
            1. Get out in early morning for breakfast.
            2. Then Ride two countys north.
            3. THen follow the front fender on what ever road looks like might be interesting. DOnt look at map. Dont even take GPS. Dont even think about where I might be or how to get back. Just go and decide which way to go at each intersection, with a general intent on going north or maybe west, but any direction that the road/land looked interesting.
            4. Do not even look at the time, untill think it might be early-mid-afternoon.

THe fact that was heavy cloud cover helped with #3, in that, after a while I was not even sure if I was going north or west, untill I hit the lakeshore.

GOt more pictures than should post here on "who went for ride".

LINK. Posting of more pictures and story.

Last edited by Redman; 05-30-2016, 07:51 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Did get out yesterday for a ride.
              Was great.
              Had not had more than a half hour ride in about 3 weeks.

Well, I did have an agenda:
              1. Get out in early morning for breakfast.
              2. Then Ride two countys north.
              3. THen follow the front fender on what ever road looks like might be interesting. DOnt look at map. Dont even take GPS. Dont even think about where I might be or how to get back. Just go and decide which way to go at each intersection, with a general intent on going north or maybe west, but any direction that the road/land looked interesting.
              4. Do not even look at the time, untill think it might be early-mid-afternoon.

excellent plan mr. redman! i always say it's important to have a plan and follow through.
              2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
              82 gs1100L probably the next project
              1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
              1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

First real trip around town with my newly acquired 83 GS400E. Rode around with a buddy of mine for about an hour and a half. The weather was sunny but not too hot....perfect for air cooled. Stopped at a few parks by the ocean in the area. It was a great day. Best part is, she ran flawlessly. Not a hiccup during the ride. I'm rather impressed at how she sounds when you wind it up to around 6000rpm.

Comment

Your post is worthless without pictures glad you're liking the new bike though.
                  Rob
                  1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                  Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Here's a picture of my new bike. With some trees.

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                    2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

You know I've always wondered what those rose bush looking shrubs were called. I'm not sure if they are a local plant or something invasive. They seem to grow with vigor where ever I see them anyways and they sure are prickly devils.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                        Your post is worthless without pictures glad you're liking the new bike though.

Ya, I know.....Next time I'll pull the phone out when the bikes are parked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                          Here's a picture of my new bike. With some trees.

Is the B-King gone? And you didn't let me know first??
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                            Set it up Charlie, and they will come.

V
                            Yes we will.... Next year before John Day?
                            sigpic
                            09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260
                            Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Charmayne and I got out after the Memorial Day wreath ceremony and parade (her high school band performs at both) for a few miles this afternoon as her first extensive ride after the accident. We had a lot of fun and stopped for some Dairy Queen on the way home; she didn't want me to stop to take her picture but was still a good sport about it.

Once we got home I let her slide up into the front seat. She was able to pick the bike up with some effort and balance it on her tip toes. However, she doesn't have enough feet on the ground to walk it without power so we'll wait until her L is fully operational to start any clutch work.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

wow, the corn is really high down there mr. cowboyup. i just saw the first sprouts around here yesterday. the corn grows fast and is gone, much like prime motorcycle season i guess.
                                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X