No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't exactly know. I found it that way when I stopped. The rubber stalk separated from the plastic housing, leaving the light hanging from the wires.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Went for a quick ride today. I've only had the bike for about 2 weeks now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JKers View Post
        Welcome to GSR.

Interesting photo.

THat a 850 ...? Black? (cant really tell, only see the shadow side of the bike.) Maybe the maroon.

Do introduce yourself more (typically in "Owners" section), and post a couple more pics.

>>later note.
        Now suspect that the marroon, and bye the colors of the stripes is an 80 ... like the one I had for 14 years, with the same/similar grips.

Last edited by Redman; 08-20-2016, 07:04 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by JKers View Post
          Do you always ride sideways??? ;-)
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Headed out this afternoon with clouds like this

Only got sprinkled on twice and found some wet roads once where had been raining before.

Found the River Rd still closed for construction, so allowed for this.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Waiting out a slow car ahead of us Toronto area.. Forks of Credit > Terra Cotta > Snake Road > King's Road. Twisty ride with a few thrills

Forks of Credit.jpg
              1980 GS1100E

Comment

Took out the ES for the first time in months. since maybe May.
                It was sputtering last time I rode it.
                All plugs looked fouled preride, changed them out, turned in a/f screws 1/2 turn, bike seemed happy.
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Went for an evening ride before a thunderstorm rolled in. I was trying to catch a distant lightning strike in the pic. The low light I thought made for a cool effect, and the power pole off in the distance, which I didn't notice until later, looks like a really tall cross.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

our crew at the poags hole hillclimb. it rained early in the day and so approximately 2000 harleys failed to show up. saw some of the best side by side races up the hill that i've ever seen.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      our crew at the poags hole hillclimb. it rained early in the day and so approximately 2000 harleys failed to show up. saw some of the best side by side races up the hill that i've ever seen.
                      Side by side hillclimb, that is something I havent seen.
                      I have been to Mt. Garfield National Hillclimb (nearby to here) a few times.
                      But was always one a bike at a time.
                      (For the nationals, they cut two different trenches across the hill with birms so have to jump them.)

>>later note

Very good 5 minute vidio from this year.

300 and some feet.
                      that hill is so steep that cant walk it, have to climb or crawl, well, just lean forward just a little to crawl.

Finish line is now down some from the top of the hill.

In early 80s the finish line was at the top of the hill, and I saw a few go flying out of sight over the top. And I was told that a few went over the top and crashing down the back side.

2 and 1/2 minute vidio that shows the hill and grounds better in opening scenes.

Last edited by Redman; 08-23-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Went for a three day ride to see 2 air museums with my grandson.

Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Gus, Nice trip with your grandson.
                            Any particular significance to that specific high school...?

Comment

Great pics, Gustov.
                              Nice to see a teenager wanting to spend time with his grandfather.
                              Can't think of a better way to do it than the wonderful world of motorcycles.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Vince, great to see you sharing your passion with your grandson. We just had our granddaughters for 2 weeks. Spend a week camping and hiking in Waterton NP (other side of the border from your Glacier NP) and then a week at home mountain biking and kayaking. Unfortunately they're showing no interest in the motorcycle thing at all. Missed you at the rally this year Bro.
                                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
                                X