No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some sticky tires, to be able to hold, on at a 90 degree angle sitting still!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
      Those are some sticky tires, to be able to hold, on at a 90 degree angle sitting still!
      Thats the view from my world....Sorry,that was from my phone. How is this?20160731_120523.jpg
      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Much better!
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Wore my legs out riding up and down Michigan hills

Me ole 1977 Fuji Sports 10, been getting my C/V system and legs back in shape this month.
          I rode my GS1100G also, and stopped next to a guy on a V twin, said "Nice bike!" to me. Like, wow.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Forty miles on my bike around town today plus a few on Charmayne's when I rode it to the parking lot with her. She spent a little time on hers as well but needs to work on her clutch and throttle control as she kept stalling it out. We are going to go at it again on Wednesday after school (marching band tomorrow).
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Rode this morning to the Rosendale cement kilns. The cement from here was used in the building of the Brooklyn Bridge and the base for the Statue of Liberty.
              1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Nice pic, rk.
                That is a cool looking place.
                There are a couple videos on youtube. Would make a great locale for a horror film.
                Abandoned! Exploring Widow Jane Mine! - Video guide of the Rosendale Cement Factory (PART II). Our video hike of the Rosendale Cement Factory starts with us...
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Beware of Flying Disc

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had a 150 mile ride today.
                    Avoided the scattered thundershowers mostly.
                    Did get caught twice.
                    Did not stop for pics much.

Muskegon.

Up near Shelby.

When putting on rain gear, both rain over-boots ripped. (probably over 10 years old).
                    Was raining pretty hard on one accasion and was getting water leaking in around my ankles. But it wasnt cold enough to be a problem.

One place I wanted to go involved about 3/4th mile on gravel road that must have had a lot of clay, was a bit slippery.

Bike has lots of road grime. The slop from the gravel road did get mostly washed off.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Took a ride out around midnight when I finished up working on the house.
                      Nothing picture worthy. Followed a group of 5 or 6 guys that merged onto the highway riding multi brand cruisers for a bit before passing them. Warm and humid like mid summer
                      Bike is running quite well.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I went out for about a 50 mile run today. Since I'm right on the border with Mexico, I couldn't resist getting a river shot (plenty of CBP activity, as usual.)

That's Mexico on the other side of the river.

Rode out to this motorcycle museum. They're only open on Saturday and Sunday, but I was the only one there. Only one Suzuki in the place, and it was like an 82 or 83 1100E model. Pretty rough condition. One thing I did notice, all the Harley's had an oil catch pan or rag under them. The others didn't.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                        Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

What a cool museum Deuce. Thanks for posting those pics.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

part of yesterdays adventure, remaining today

it doesnt bother me
                            it doesnt bother me
                            it... doesnt.... bother.... me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              part of yesterdays adventure, remaining today

it doesnt bother me
                              it doesnt bother me
                              it... doesnt.... bother.... me.....

I assume your talking about the dirt? I never have to deal with that here......no rain
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Sunday morning, country road

1-1/2 hours on the man powered bike this morning.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X