No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my ride today I saw the sloop "Clearwater". It is a 106 foot gaff rig sloop that was built in 1969 by the musician Pete Seeger. He and his wife had it built in South Bristol Maine for environmental research, education and advocacy to help preserve and protect the Hudson river.
    1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Yeah Redman a little weird... But I must say your GK looks as one with the cattle.☺
      Also, nice picture rkroby... I like your pics along the Hudson river��
      Last edited by storm 64; 10-16-2016, 07:31 PM.
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
        On my ride today I saw the sloop "Clearwater". It is a 106 foot gaff rig sloop that was built in 1969 by the musician Pete Seeger. He and his wife had it built in South Bristol Maine for environmental research, education and advocacy to help preserve and protect the Hudson river.
        Lovely! I remember hearing about that sloop many times.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Awesome Weekend!

Went to West Point Military academy to watch some Football!!!

Army Dominated Layafette 62 to 7

2 Days 500+ miles. it was awesome riding this weekend! Cresting 19K miles for the season thus far...
          Last edited by Jedz123; 10-17-2016, 09:01 AM.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Stress relieving ride...
            Late in the season when riding on borrowed warmth I usually take a relaxing ride and contemplate the passing of the summer. Not so tonight. I headed straight out of town, hit the highway and cruised a steady 80 Mph focusing me on the moment and forgetting the aggravation of the week.

All to take a picture of....
            A molar..

Certainly a dumb goal, and not even in a nice area..... but fun.

And this. ..
            http://

These were outside of The Grounds For Sculpture, which I've heard from a few people is a really cool spot to visit.
            The guitar player was "playing" for 3 equally huge couples dancing.

On the equally quick ride back the waning moon had risen and was nice to see...
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Stress relieving ride...
              Late in the season when riding on borrowed warmth I usually take a relaxing ride and contemplate the passing of the summer. Not so tonight. I headed straight out of town, hit the highway and cruised a steady 80 Mph focusing me on the moment and forgetting the aggravation of the week.

All to take a picture of....
              A molar..

Certainly a dumb goal, and not even in a nice area..... but fun.

And this. ..
              http://

These were outside of The Grounds For Sculpture, which I've heard from a few people is a really cool spot to visit.
              The guitar player was "playing" for 3 equally huge couples dancing.

On the equally quick ride back the waning moon had risen and was nice to see...
              I'm always amazed how a good description of an enjoyable ride can take me there in my minds eye. Thanks for the trip!

You'd think with that giant guitar guy (Mariachi) that you rode down to The Land Of Enchantment, aka New Mexico.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yes it looks like the end of the warmer weather tomorrow. Also rain forecasted for the next few days so went out for a short ride this morning. Peak colors on our leaves now.
                1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Excellent pics, Gents.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I was thinking that the tooth would have been a good riding game tag, but I had little interest in playing last night.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Riding on extended time around here. 200 mile day finding new roads between Maiden Rock and Durand Wi. Been nice all week and more to come. Were having a great fall.
                      Attached Files
                      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        I was thinking that the tooth would have been a good riding game tag, but I had little interest in playing last night.
                        Thanks for having mercy on the game and not using that tooth. Can't think of another anywhere. Maybe a tooth shaped rock or something. We used to joke about the Cadillac Escalades with the iridescent white paint and how they look like a big tooth.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

So after looking for a barber pole for the riding game I concluded that the barbers in my neighbourhood don't have them at all. So I did a small trip. The sun was out for most of the time bet as i stopped at a local decommissioned airfield strip the sun was gone.

This is the old airstrip, and the area is now converted to a nature reserve. (no motor vehicles allowed )

And here you can see two aircraft bunkers in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Plinius10 View Post
                            This is the old airstrip, and the area is now converted to a nature reserve. (no motor vehicles allowed ) .
                            Interesting. Would be quite tempting for me.
                            Nice photos of nice bike.
                            GS650GT.... G..T... GT
                            Last edited by Redman; 10-22-2016, 11:09 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

My morning so far:
                              38degF ride out for breakfast this morning.
                              SHort ride after.

And swung down and around by beach, wasnt gonna stop for photo, but all the gulls were posing for me.
                              Gulls are not at the beach as much as they used to be (is landfill now about 10 miles inland).

And I have to decide between:
                              Spend most of day raking leaves,
                              or just get started raking leaves then go for ride and stop at discgolf course,
                              or let leaves sit (heck, there will be more) and go for longer ride and stop at a more distant disc golf course (top ranked in US).

I will deliberate on that... so that I can come to a reasonable, practical, responsible decision.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Plinius10 View Post
                                So after looking for a barber pole for the riding game I concluded that the barbers in my neighbourhood don't have them at all. So I did a small trip. The sun was out for most of the time bet as i stopped at a local decommissioned airfield strip the sun was gone.

This is the old airstrip, and the area is now converted to a nature reserve. (no motor vehicles allowed )

And here you can see two aircraft bunkers in the back.
                                Very nice fairing and paint on your bike!!!!
                                Looks OEM, I've never seen a GS with a fairing like that.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X