No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to add it must've been an extra good day for riding today as I ended up getting more nods from Harley's than other bikes... but there were far less Harley's on the road... go figure!
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete,

there were bikes every where down NSW, including a seemingly endless train of Hardlys. I was no problem passing them. since they stopped to regroup in every town. I guess you need to see no one broke down and have a rest every 20k or so!

Good to see every one waving too.

Comment

nice bikes and pic's every one . nice pic in Tenterfield John, that a flip up helmet your passenger is wearing looks pretty handy for touring. Mt Mee sounds pretty nice Pete , it was a lovely day.

Comment

Originally posted by john82q View Post
          Pete,

there were bikes every where down NSW, including a seemingly endless train of Hardlys. I was no problem passing them. since they stopped to regroup in every town. I guess you need to see no one broke down and have a rest every 20k or so!

Good to see every one waving too.
          Hahaha I've seen you in third gear John... no street legal Hardly could touch that... hahaha

I didn't stop long enough to look around, and the only bikes pulled up at the Mt Mee lookout was a guy on a Boulevard C50 I've seen up there a few times (doesn't seem to like riding as much as hanging around talking and smoking) and a newish Trumpy speed triple with a rider I couldn't spot, seems everyone else was like me and just more interested in the ride than the chat

Mind you I didn't get to Woodford, might've been a bike park up there...

Originally posted by clancey g View Post
          nice bikes and pic's every one . nice pic in Tenterfield John, that a flip up helmet your passenger is wearing looks pretty handy for touring. Mt Mee sounds pretty nice Pete , it was a lovely day.
          Yes indeed Clancey, annoyed I didn't take any pic's from the Mt Mee lookout this time as it was perfect. Temperature was spot on, not too hot and not too cold so it was just good stuff.

There is talk of the next GSR run potentially combining with the Katana forum and having another run in June... I am so keen for that!

sigpic

Comment

So I rode my bike for work today and at my local Harley dealer they were having a demo day. I have never riden a Harley and the ad said "come see what you are missing". So I signed up for a test ride. I had all my gear on.. armored pants and jacket, boots and fullface Shoei helmet. When signing up the girl asked me if i had a helmet and the guy next to her said "no he drove his car here dressed that way" lol. Anyway I then asked if I was "wearing too much protective gear to ride a Harley" and he said "no you're ok" right over his head. So I took out a Flatline Softtail. I gotta tell ya I am not missing anything. Vibrate, clunk into gear motha scratcha... My feet up in the air like I was settling in to watch a repeat of All in the Family! Anyway I kid because it was good of Harley to do this and with no preasure after to buy one. Good on ya. Here are some pics
            First the bike I rode..

Next the pirate show..

And finnaly a pic of a hog with purple protective head gear hanging from the bars..
            Last edited by trevor; 04-14-2012, 12:00 AM.
            No signature

Comment

Trevor, how much did you get for a trade-in on your Suzi for your new pride and joy?

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Trevor, how much did you get for a trade-in on your new pride and joy?

Eric
                Haha.. good one Eric Two guys in their late 50s came up to me and my bike and said"you have the best bike here" after talking to the guy for a while he told me that he has a good friend that has "several GSs and a couple of Katanas and many other bikes in a barn up island" would not tell me where. He said the old guy "doesn't like people" but he asked for my info and said he would talk to him to see if I could come take a look. I love these old bikes and the characters that own them!!
                Oh and another pirate wanted to take pics of my bike as he owned the same one in his youth and "wished I never sold it"
                Last edited by trevor; 04-13-2012, 11:50 PM.
                No signature

Comment

Perhaps this guy with the secret stash might be willing to part with one after he sees just how shiny your bike is.
                  You never know.

Eric

Comment

Oooooh a secret GS/Katana stash... wow now that would be a sight to see!

I understand the not liking people thing though, I have more and more days like that as I get older and encounter more idiots... GS company excluded of course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                      Ooh a secret GS/Katana stash... wow now that would be a sight to see!

I understand the not liking people thing though, I have more and more days like that as I get older and encounter more idiots... GS company excluded of course

The only thing that sucks about a forum, you'll make a lot of cool friends you will never meet.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
                        The only thing that sucks about a forum, you'll make a lot of cool friends you will never meet.
                        Yes, true... although there are cases where it works out well. GSR runs are great for meeting other forum members and I now have done a few rides with John (john82q) which has been great... and I reckon we're way overdue for another one come to think of it!

sigpic

Comment

Yep, Was able to get out late this afternoon.
                          58degrees and threatening rain.

Was going to call greg78GS750 but did not due to late notice (and the fact that this is the road that goes by where he works, so he rides it all the time anyway)

ANd I was going to be stopping to work out this photo technique.

When I get home I have a PM that he saw me.

Last edited by Redman; 04-14-2012, 08:33 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Todays ride was also a celebration of Michigans repeal of the helmet law.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Redman, how do you put up with all of that darn traffic in those pictures?

Eric

Comment

Nice short ride today

I live in NE Ohio, in Geauga County....Its a somewhat hilly and curvy area thats loaded with wooded areas and picturesque country landscape.
                                I dropped my son off back with his mom (bi***)(thats a whole other matter for "off topic") and headed home. I got a text he had forgotten his Nintendo DS at my house and he was a highly upset (7 yo) without his electronical security blanket....no sweat, It was the perfect reason to take the new 550L for a ride. Not like I was not going to do that anyways. I took the DS right over, got a few extra xoxo's from my boy and headed to wal mart for my Rotella and Autozone for a filter for her first oil change. Lickety split oil change, found one of the 3 studs for the filter cover is spinning in its hole but does not pull out(yet). The oil was a bit overfull when on centerstand so I was happy with my precise filling job and knowledge that the old oil was not full of gas or metal chunks.
                                Ok...ride time. This bike has a few behavior issues, not sure if I have not rode it enough to learn its quirks or what..suspected flat spot that comes and goes and occasional hesitation. Still in discovery phase.
                                Off I go on this almost 80 degree day, I dont know if it was the heat or the oil, but the bike was wanting to be used today.
                                I am new to GS's and the whole feel of these fours. Left turn out of driveway(kickstand up, great start) my road was newly paved last year and is soo smooth,,,,, long wide curve to the right and a quick and tight left. The speed limit is 35, I cannot make it on my cruiser or with my car at even 30, but this small and nimble bike wants to get low and can make this turn easily ...half mile straitaway through a tunnelike canopy of trees.....sparking this bike to life I give it a blast and greatly enjoy the feeling of its high ended rpm range and long and constant pull. I approach the stop sigh at the end of the road and practice some rapid deceleration using the gearbox and both brakes to further test its stopping ability. I am not the hardest sport rider, but I do know already that even though this is just a baby Suzuki (550) it is still a performer and the engines abilities are greater than its brakes.Caution.
                                Off into the country. Beautiful secondary highways,no traffic, smooth and hazard free. Rolling hills, big straitaways to wind the bike almost all the way out with nothing but open field on either side. The mild temperature and sunshine made it one of those rides that you just get that "life is perfect" feelings. I just did a 50 mile jog around my county but on this Suzuki four, its a whole different experience than on a big loud clunky cruiser....I am extremely happy with this bike and look forward to finishing my 1100e project as time allows. I hope to do the KY or WV ride coming up soon with the 550L, I have to work out the bugs and do a few small repairs. I have never been on a ride over 100 miles one direction.
                                This really is a great site I enjoy more and more and am loving this line of bikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X