No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well have not been a motorcycle in two weeks! We have been under a deep freeze here....Today was a pretty good day but I had to drive my truck to work...got home...put in a new headlight bulb....put the fairing on yet again....man that gets old quick....lol
    Wasn't much of a ride but a ride none the less...

Got home and even my dog bowed down to the mighty Cooley!!!

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Well have not been a motorcycle in two weeks! We have been under a deep freeze here....Today was a pretty good day but I had to drive my truck to work...got home...put in a new headlight bulb....put the fairing on yet again....man that gets old quick....lol
      Wasn't much of a ride but a ride none the less...

Got home and even my dog bowed down to the mighty Cooley!!!

You're going to have to put that bike on a diet. Look at the mighty crack it put on the cement when you put it on the sidestand!
      IBA# 12860
      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
      1984 KZ1100R
      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
        You're going to have to put that bike on a diet. Look at the mighty crack it put on the cement when you put it on the sidestand!
        Haha....good one Glenn...you have a keen eye!
        No signature

Comment

Took my poor neglected 750 out for a spin after work today....was able to ride my BMW to work today for the first time in a while....
          I have put 60 miles on my 750 since Sept 1st....yikes.

No signature

Comment

A few days ago, the weather was bearable, and my puppy not that sick (currently debugging a stripped oil drain screw and a lean condition)

Was too cold though to take a better picture
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
            #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
            #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Finally some twisted throttle therapy!!!!
              Felt good to just go for a nice blast after work... Tires do pretty good in the snow!

Looks like a white Christmas is in the cards for this year!

Merry Christmas too all!!!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Merry Christmas Riding!

Some great pics fellow GS Riders!

Merry Christmas to you too Jedz. White Christmas!!!

Ed

EDIT: You got some 5.56mm rounds in there?
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                  A few days ago, the weather was bearable, and my puppy not that sick (currently debugging a stripped oil drain screw and a lean condition)

Was too cold though to take a better picture
                  Beautiful backdrop. Thanks for sharing.
                  Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                  '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                  '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                  '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                  '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Jedz, your pictures have me contemplating getting a TU250X as well. Also nice tweaks

Only thing that bugs me is that the chainguard curve doesn't match your rear sprocket
                    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

highly jealous of those in tropical locals who are still riding!
                      7c today a huge improvement from the -24 -30 of the last couple weeks... the main roads are free of ice but the road from my drive to the main road is still iced over...
                      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

It got up to 63 here today...certainly no snow for us this Christmas! These new soft saddle bags leave a little to be desired...lol
                        IMG_1901.jpg

Comment

Well, they look water resistant at least.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                            Jedz, your pictures have me contemplating getting a TU250X as well. Also nice tweaks

Only thing that bugs me is that the chainguard curve doesn't match your rear sprocket
                            Highly recommend it! It's a phenomenal little bike! Lots of custom work...

The chain guard and sprocket might look different because I shortened the chain to bring the rear tire closer to center so it's better for wheelies and handling

Some footage of my spin...

Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              Highly recommend it! It's a phenomenal little bike! Lots of custom work...

The chain guard and sprocket might look different because I shortened the chain to bring the rear tire closer to center so it's better for wheelies and handling

Some footage of my spin...

A spin literally.....it's a light bike and you have off road tires but be careful on those roads, my friend. At least wear some better riding pants than those "go to church" pants in the video!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                A spin literally.....it's a light bike and you have off road tires but be careful on those roads, my friend. At least wear some better riding pants than those "go to church" pants in the video!
                                Those are Dickies double kneed work pants with flannels underneath! All my pants are heavier then most minus a few pair of plain denims I wear in the warmer months.

I would not be riding in just Khakis... Too cold!

Merry Christmas Steve!!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X