No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks fer the compliment. I find the single disk totally adequate. I practice emergency stopping all the time at the beginning of my rides in empty parking lots, and its really quite good. I haven't even put braided lines, or any upgrades to the front braking system and it grabs fine in its stock form.
    PB
    Central Jersey
    82' Suzuki GS750T

"Old school is the best school"

Comment

Cool, well you boys enjoy those "T"'s!

My wife just said "hey, it's been a while since we've ridden together we should ride today". I must be dreaming! Wait don't wake me I think we're gonna ride now.. hehehe
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Yes. Vintage snowmobile show today. Rode a 72 Ski-Doo 292 Elan. No pics, camera died by then. Did manage to take one.I
        Attached Files
        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Met up with the BMW Island Riders club for the traditional New Years Day ride and photo shoot and Island beach...luckily it's only a 10 min ride from my house as it was cold..about 2-3 degrees..(34)...we had a little snow over night but the sun came out making the roads dry....
          And one crazy guy in our club went for a swim...lol that ocean is cold in July!
          I was a chance to show off my Cooley....

Me and my neighbour Bryan...

No signature

Comment

Not on GS but on a Suzuki anyways. 39 and sunny so
            I took the DR out. Great ride just forgot about getting back up the drive.
            Ice under the snow. Had to air down the rear and get a running start. Oh well, fun anyhow.
            IMG_1939.jpg
            Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
            2000 Kawasaki Concours
            Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Met up with the BMW Island Riders club for the traditional New Years Day ride and photo shoot and Island beach...luckily it's only a 10 min ride from my house as it was cold..about 2-3 degrees..(34)...we had a little snow over night but the sun came out making the roads dry....
              And one crazy guy in our club went for a swim...lol that ocean is cold in July!
              I was a chance to show off my Cooley....

Your bike looks like a toy in this pic. Seriously, or like Wallace and Gromet get a GS or something, LOL. It sure is a purdy bike and that looked like a fun day.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                Your bike looks like a toy in this pic. Seriously, or like Wallace and Gromet get a GS or something, LOL. It sure is a purdy bike and that looked like a fun day.
                Lol...it's some effect on a buddy's phone camera....it's pretty cool...
                No signature

Comment

I got out for a little while this afternoon but didnt go far. Just to the north end of town on the edge of the reservation. There are bison on one side of the street and million dollar+ homes on the other. Just a slow ride up toward the mountains enjoying looking at the snow on top of the Sandia's while catching little air on the speed humps at 30mph.

I saw in the distance a huge cat with dinner hanging from it's mouth. As i pulled up to it the thing stopped and looked at me, so I let down the side stand and fumbled with my camera for a pic. It slowly walked away into the arroyo (drainage ditch) as I caught a pic.

Another showing how well these bobcats' camouflage helps them blend in with the landscape.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                    ^^^^^^Liking ALL the pics, despite the weather Going to go for a ride today. MC been sitting too long.
                    It was nice day before, and on Christmas. Too busy though. Going to go for spin today ...waxing up the aluminum for salt protection.

I forgot to put a cut plastic bag under each pod filter like last year. Carb seems to evaporate gas out.

Need to move the 10% ethanol / gasoline with stabil blend around...

Seen great write-ups that mention 93 octane is no benefit, BUT the fact is the gas evaporates faster than ethanol AND the ethanol is lower octane AND then the ethanol content becomes higher than 10% while dropping the octane WHILE turning to sticky goo...Need to move the stabil around.

Got to run to rent a car today too. Hoping they have the Chrysler 200. They're phasing them out. Gave me a Hyundai snotta instead last time. It was OK...Chrysler was better. Both got up to 40MPG at 80 MPH according to dash computer. No idea what'll happen when they get old and the funky electronics start going out. Nice rentals though...
                    G'day all.
                    100% ethanol is 115-120 octane. Many racers run E85, like the Indy Car series. The problem with ethanol is that it attracts water which causes corrosion in older bikes, and it allows the oil companies to uuse lower quality base stock to achieve the same octane numbers. Ethanol also evaporates faster than gasoline. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/1....1994.10467294
                    sigpic
                    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                    1983 GS1100e
                    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                    1980 GS1260
                    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                      I hear ya. Like I said, until I can talk to them again...maybe they can shine some light after getting their wits back together.
                      An update, saw this couple on New years Eve, both are healing up fine and we talked about safety gear. He did say something about selling his bike too. Apparently from what he can recall he was too wide into the corner, paniced hit the brakes and slid into some loose stuff which caused him to hit the guard rail. He did say he wasn't paying attention to his line going into the turn until it was too late. She said she fell on top of him and then rolled off as he and the bike went sliding down the road. Oh yeah he had only been riding for about 4 years. On the other accident on the guy that was in the coma, he passed away last Monday, they took him off life support.
                      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pb9717 View Post
                        Thanks fer the compliment. I find the single disk totally adequate. I practice emergency stopping all the time at the beginning of my rides in empty parking lots, and its really quite good. I haven't even put braided lines, or any upgrades to the front braking system and it grabs fine in its stock form.
                        It is adequate until you start using it hard in some mountain twisties, fade hits pretty quick when heat starts to settle in.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I took a ride for a few hours on New Years day. It was nice enough in Baltimore to go out as long as you layered up. I just rode around the Harbor area downtown and some back roads on the outskirts. It may have been a short ride but it was a great way to start off the new year to me. Here's a couple pics by a local landmark.

Happy New Year everyone. Have a great and safe 2017!
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2017, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
                            Not on GS but on a Suzuki anyways. 39 and sunny so
                            I took the DR out. Great ride just forgot about getting back up the drive.
                            Ice under the snow. Had to air down the rear and get a running start. Oh well, fun anyhow.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49128[/ATTACH]
                            Hum. South Conway has some snow (much more than here). I gather that is up in the northeast.
                            IIRP, your location used to say "....in Maine."

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Up in the White Mountains of NH

Doug are you getting snow still or are you getting that rain we are getting over here in the Greens?
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MechMessiah View Post
                                I took a ride for a few hours on New Years day. It was nice enough in Baltimore to go out as long as you layered up. I just rode around the Harbor area downtown and some back roads on the outskirts. It may have been a short ride but it was a great way to start off the new year to me. Here's a couple pics by a local landmark.

Happy New Year everyone. Have a great and safe 2017!
                                Hey! You're in B-more!

I've yet to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (CBB) on my "T". Of course, I need to get my bike operational before I can even think of riding that way.

Nice bike (G). That seat tape doesn't stick to your pants, does it? Do you ride the "L" model as well?

We may meet in the near future. I know Cheryl and Norm have crossed the CBB. Norm in in Ohio and Cheryl is in B-more.

Post moar pics of your bike(s).

Ed
                                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                                X