Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Joe, Keep the rides and ride pictures a commin'

Hey, Lets see who post pics first, this year, of PMR, SGR or EGR.
    You or Me.

That will be about half way between you and San Diego.

SSR will be further from you, so not so fair of a challenge.

Dave

PS: Palomar Mountain Rd, South Grade Rd, East Grade Rd, Sunrise Highway.
    Just pestering you.
    Oh, and.... "SSR is off the Eight"

When are you coming?? SD isn't *that far south, I'll take a ride down.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Nice pics Joe. Pics of the scenery AND the road.

My observation is the regulars out there refer to such roads with 3 letter abbreviations, like ACH.
      But you are new out there, and are being easy on us in that respect.

Here is what you are missing back here in mid-west, yesterday afternoon.

I'm glad you appreciated the pic of the road Most people ask or talk about the scenery, but, to me, the views are really just an added bonus to some fantastic roads.

And, sorry, I'm really not missing that white stuff at all!

Comment

I'm excited for my next two trips (this coming weekend) - I'm riding out to Racetech on Friday to have my suspension rebuilt, and then down to Cal State University in San Marcos for the Total Control Advanced Rider Course. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures. These aren't quite the same kind of rides we've been talking about in this thread, but they're still pretty exciting nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
          When are you coming?? SD isn't *that far south, I'll take a ride down.
          I will keep in touch. Details not completely determined, but later part of February.
          Yah, are a few places outside SD that you need to get too before too long. East of San Marcos is the good start of it.
          And, In addition to day trips around SD, I need to venture further north.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Garfield View Post
            Angeles Crest Highway outside of Los Angeles. The last picture is from the mountains overlooking the city, with the Pacific Ocean in the background - it's hard to tell in the picture but it sure wasn't in real life. I feel like a pig in S4iT out here.
            Wonderful vista!!!
            This kind of view reminds me of all the clueless people, who never get out of the city, never understand the wonderful life we have far out of the cities.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

FINALLY!!! It broke the 20' mark... I went out on the Scrambler and had a hoot pulling wheelies and playing on the very sand and dirt ridden roads... Not prime for the Connie but this little thing loves it!

Nice to be out on 2 wheels again... The Infiniti makes the winter bearable but you know your loosing your juice when a 250 feels quick.
              Last edited by Jedz123; 01-12-2017, 07:18 AM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

You've really dialed in you bike Jedz!!! Really suits the wonderful landscape you ride around in.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Took my BMW in for an oil change and check up as my BMW portion of the warranty is ending next week. So I figured it would be smart to have them check it out. Then my extended warranty for another 3 years and unlimited miles kicks in....can't believe it's been 3 years since buying this bike. 54,000kms worry free kms!!!

2 degees and a snowflake! Lol

My actual service is being done tomorrow but I brought it in today and they gave me a loaner as always... they do look after me.
                  This is a fun bike....to bad I won't get a chance to find out as it's too cold!!

No signature

Comment

Glad they treat you well, but that loaner looks like something that was cobbled together from a parts bin somewhere! lol It isn't just the Teutonic Terror's, many modern bikes look like something that would only be appreciated by insects of some kind... Your classic Zooks are gorgeous!
                    Last edited by eddie21; 01-13-2017, 01:12 AM.
                    IBA# 12860
                    Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                    1984 KZ1100R
                    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                    2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      You've really dialed in you bike Jedz!!! Really suits the wonderful landscape you ride around in.
                      Thanks Bill! She's a true hoot! Very brown for this time of year but it was nice to have a warm day to scramble around on!
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Whats the significance to the Super Mario 1-up sticker on the tank, Jedz? That bike looks like a lot of fun. Love what you've done with it!

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                          Whats the significance to the Super Mario 1-up sticker on the tank, Jedz? That bike looks like a lot of fun. Love what you've done with it!
                          Well I'm a child of the 90's so I grew up on Mario... But It's a little inside joke I'll let you in on. I have had a couple of folks make fun of the displacement of my motorcycle (Harley guys that don't realize if we are going to go to war over speed and power I'd smoke them on my ZG) Anyway I just simply point to the sticker and walk away as they look completely confused... Simply stated if you don't like my 250, then get a life!!! (Yeah it's a millennial nerd joke)

Thanks so much!!! I love that little bike...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Nice! I like it! I too grew up on Mario... and more so due it being my namesake. I've often had Mario decals on vehicles. Even have gone so far as to have him tattooed on my arm.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                              Even have gone so far as to have him tattooed on my arm.
                              8, 16 or 64 bit? OR is it a modern?
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                                ............................. And they gave me a loaner as always....
                                800? F800?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X