No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very happy to get a quick ride in today, 20 miles or so with a buddy and his 85 'wing. Particularly nice to have a functioning bike again.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      Took a fast ride around me favorite country roads today.
      Was in a panic to get started before it effing clouded up again!!!!

Glad you got out! Bike looks phenomenal buddy!
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Charmayne and I both got to ride today though only on her bike as I need to start putting mine back together. I rode her bike up to the high school today so she could get some practice in.

Power walking time first:

Then riding though in first gear only right now

She also learned what happens when you don't connect the ground wire of the R/R properly thus killing her battery. Fortunately, the wife was able to bring my battery from home and swap them out. I also showed her the correct way to connect the wiring to battery again.
        Wow I like the way that sound!!!

The joy of learning to ride... At least she has a good mentor! A luxury I did not have...
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Taking advantage of this gorgeous January thaw weather and racked 50 miles on the Tuxman! Glad the sun is staying out a little bit longer. Just one more month and I'll be back on the bike daily again!
          So from the ride today:

Finding some mud, coming off a logging trail...

Brimmed her off with some more ethanol free premium... She may be injected but I'm still not running through a tank a gas fast enough...

Despite the spring like surroundings... It was a gorgeous ride today... The mud was fun but damn it sucks coming home and trying not to get yelled at by the MRS. for tracking dirt!

SCR250...
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
            up to the high school today so she could get some practice in. .......
            Good.
            Do keep us posted.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Funny, I have never been to the east coast. I had pictured it as a frozen snow covered wasteland until April. Glad you guys could get out....
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

It used to be, but not the last several years. Thank you, global warming.

Comment

Got out yesterday...looks like the weather here is getting back to normal////

No signature

Comment

Trev is that snow in the mountains??? Or just houses?

What kind of suspension is on the rear there?

Enjoy the weather!
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                      Trev is that snow in the mountains??? Or just houses?

What kind of suspension is on the rear there?

Enjoy the weather!
                      Yep that's snow....S&W Street Strokers....
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        Yep that's snow....S&W Street Strokers....
                        Thanks! Didn't know you guys got snow
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Blasted 50 miles out yesterday before the ice storm moved in... 30' but well worth it!

Very typical Vermont January day, except it was warm... Yeah warm...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                            Thanks! Didn't know you guys got snow
                            First time in three years...most of it at higher elevations.
                            No signature

Comment

Spent most of the afternoon on the bike today. Never left the city but had a blast riding. With the addition of the bags I can easily use the bike for work now. Just riding around doing estimates all I need is a briefcase and tape measure.
                              Popped in to say hi to my parents acrossed town. They came out and took my pic before I rode off into the sunset, hehehe.

No but seriously, the sunset was amazing tonight. Not to the west though, the mountains east of town glow at sunset.

Oh, and I had to see if anyone actually went to the local Cycle Gear for their bike night thing. It was just over freezing by then with 30 mile an hour winds so just a bit chilly out there. Turns out that I had the best looking bike in the parking lot!

Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

From that picture you also have the worst looking bike in the lot.

Just kidding. Your bike is a very nice looking bike.
                                Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                                '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                                '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                                '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                                '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X