No announcement yet.

anyone go for a ride today? Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uneventful isn't a bad thing though! I wish I could do 70 miles right now... It's very much winter here again, damn it.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It was good to be able to run the Koso through all of its (many) functions and see how they work. Plus, carne asada at the midpoint!
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Considering braving the 40* semi windy day to take Suzi out for a shakedown ride after valves/carb sync. I'm still waiting on my upholster to get my seat cover done, though...

Comment

It's been in the 90's all week here.
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            It's been in the 90's all week here.
            Gerrrr... Sounds devine. I've always found it easier to escape the heat then bundle up for the cold.

I'm living in the wrong part of the country!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Ah, but Justin, it looks like you are doing well for yourself there in the frozen wastelands!
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                Ah, but Justin, it looks like you are doing well for yourself there in the frozen wastelands!
                I make do... (Sigh) I make do...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Well said, my friend.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    Gerrrr... Sounds devine. I've always found it easier to escape the heat then bundle up for the cold.

I'm living in the wrong part of the country!
                    Ive gotten to the point that I detest the cold. I keep telling my wife that we're moving....... to the equator.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Ive gotten to the point that I detest the cold. I keep telling my wife that we're moving....... to the equator.
                      Try Albuquerque! Seriously, ride year round for the most part. Head to the mountains for a taste of snow if you want. Most snowfall here can be cleared away with a broom or just wait a minute and it's gone! Not as hot as the Phoenix area, yikes 90's already! We're sitting comfy at 71 now.

We left upstate NY and didn't miss the snow one bit! Oh, vehicles last a lot longer without the salted roads too!
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                        Try Albuquerque! Seriously, ride year round for the most part. Head to the mountains for a taste of snow if you want. Most snowfall here can be cleared away with a broom or just wait a minute and it's gone! Not as hot as the Phoenix area, yikes 90's already! We're sitting comfy at 71 now.

We left upstate NY and didn't miss the snow one bit! Oh, vehicles last a lot longer without the salted roads too!
                        Just rub it in brother,

... I Will!

31' but the VTR is home in Vermont. 15 mile blast the gentleman told me he didn't like redlining it... I chased it hard. This little duffer is FAST for a 250, 80 mph is too easy to grab on a straight I hit +90mph pretty easily, could have gone a bit faster; confidently into triple digits, but it's just too damn cold for such things. Handles PHENOMENAL! Like too good...

Cosmetics are definitely on the list of to do's We wrote the bill of sale saying blue... I'm going to have a go at Vinyl wrap this Spring, Gold Rims and Honda badges...

Not bad for $500...

Brought it back home and the feet of snow hinder my ability to park it under the pull barn so tarps and covers for them now. Momma Connie keeps a keen eye on the children.

Well it's now in the 20's although sun makes it feel much warmer then it is... Spring needs to happen. NOW!
                        Last edited by Jedz123; 03-17-2017, 06:14 PM.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Yup, just about year round riding here in NM, especially the southern part lol.
                          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

jedz, that's a strange looking front brake. vented disk?

Comment

It's Called an Inboard disc. So the disc is in the center of the rim.... Reason being was to "protect" the brake from water so it would bite better...

It was such a good idea that Honda dropped it after 2 years
                              IT's actually quite good on the little VTR250 but on the bigger bikes like the CBX550 and VF400 Brake fade became a big problem, it caught some major flak for that. Although it was a good design for the little 1/4 liter

VF400 with inboard:

CBX550F with twin inboard (yeah that's a brake fire waiting to happen)

Hope that's informative enough!!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X